• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Funny G. Steinbrenner story.  Years ago, Legends had been open a year or two, I was a guest in the suite next to his at the field.  We were sitting outside, and the guy sitting next to the wall between the suites wanted to get.  So as to not interfere the other three of us, he stood on the seat and climbed over the back to the row behind us.  Mr. Steinbrenner was sitting outside his front and yells over to the guy " Hey, pal, do I come to your house and walk over your sofa?"  the guy just turned bright red with embarrassment and said "sorry Mr. Steinbrenner".  We all just fell out of our seats laughing.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

It makes me sick too. I'm a Rays and any team in the Bay area fan. But the petty ******** is just crazy.

I don't know where you live, or what you do for a living, but some of us have friends in the public sector that have lost their jobs, yet the bay area governments want to throw more money at the professional teams. BS, take ALL public money out of professional sports. If they want a stadium, buy the **** land, and build a **** stadium. Why does the public have to subsidize Billionaires?? Don't give me that crap about a "major league" town, that is pure BS. I like sports just as much if not more than most people, but to throw money at professional sports stadiums, but not be allowed to build a stadium for a University is completely ludicrous.

How many TPD cars have been donated by the Tampa Bay Rays, I personally know of at least 2 New York Yankees TPD cars.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

It makes me sick too. I'm a Rays and any team in the Bay area fan. But the petty ******** is just crazy.

I don't know where you live, or what you do for a living, but some of us have friends in the public sector that have lost their jobs, yet the bay area governments want to throw more money at the professional teams. BS, take ALL public money out of professional sports. If they want a stadium, buy the **** land, and build a **** stadium. Why does the public have to subsidize Billionaires?? Don't give me that crap about a "major league" town, that is pure BS. I like sports just as much if not more than most people, but to throw money at professional sports stadiums, but not be allowed to build a stadium for a University is completely ludicrous.

How many TPD cars have been donated by the Tampa Bay Rays, I personally know of at least 2 New York Yankees TPD cars.

I agree with you in theory.  But unfortunately, this is not the way it works.  Either front most of the money, or the team goes bye-bye to a city that will.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

I agree with you in theory.  But unfortunately, this is not the way it works.  Either front most of the money, or the team goes bye-bye to a city that will.

You are 100% correct. There would almost have to be a "Gentlemen's Agreement" between all municiplaities in the entire Country (Yea, NOT). The **** teams hold cities/areas hostage, it's almost extortion.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

The economy in St. Pete already stinks. If they leave, the little things thats there would follow. I live in Orlando now, but born in St. Pete. And remember when Mr. Webb passed. Webb city closed and everything followed. The 80's and early 90's was the worst for that city. And every time they want to push the city forward. The ole people stops it. The former Mayor Baker did a lot for the city. But if that team moves. It will dry up again. Ask any city that lost a team.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I gotta say, this picture made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

winners

all of them

why are people so afraid and intimidated by success

The economy in St. Pete already stinks. If they leave, the little things thats there would follow. I live in Orlando now, but born in St. Pete. And remember when Mr. Webb passed. Webb city closed and everything followed. The 80's and early 90's was the worst for that city. And every time they want to push the city forward. The ole people stops it. The former Mayor Baker did a lot for the city. But if that team moves. It will dry up again. Ask any city that lost a team.

where would they move?

public funds shouldnt be used  for one team

now if it is for several teams maybe we have something to talk about

The Yankees are the best pro sports franchise in the country, if not the world...having a relationship with them can never be bad.

only a hater wouldnt want to break bread with george or lou h

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

some USF fans amaze me.  I hope this was a joke.  I know I would do my best to make an impression on Steinbrenner and my status is no where near Skip Holtz'

as a Mets fan i should hate the Yanks more than anyone here, I grew up in a city where its a constant argument and debate on who is better.  I won that debate growing up in the 80s and early 90s so you know. 

Most of these new Rays fans were all Yankee fans up until about 2 years ago, dont lie, you know you have Yankees gear in the back of the closet for when the Rays become irrelevant again. 

• Content Count:  3,802

as a Mets fan i should hate the Yanks more than anyone here, I grew up in a city where its a constant argument and debate on who is better.  I won that debate growing up in the 80s and early 90s so you know. 

It's not much of a debate through history though, now is it?

Mets fans are very entertaining (for the record, I do not like baseball). It's gotta be like being a Clippers or Eagles fan.

Archived