• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilyard - UC Coaches "Licking Their Chops"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Thanks to Greg Auman for the find and thanks to Gilyard for providing excellent bulletin board material.

Gilyard: UC coaches licking their chops

Posted by BKoch at 10/13/2009 3:14 PM EDT on Cincinnati.com 

Coaches from both schools have downplayed the Joe Tresey angle in Thursday’s matchup between No. 8 Cincinnati and No. 21 South Florida, but UC wide receiver Mardy Gilyard isn’t buying it.

He’s seen a little more sense of urgency from head coach Brian Kelly and wide receivers coach Charley Molnar as they prepare their game plan along with offensive coordinator Joe Quinn to try to beat Tresey, the USF defensive coordinator who held the same position at UC for the past two years.

“The coaches, they’re all licking their chops,†Gilyard said. “They can’t wait to play Coach Tresey down there. Coach Molnar, I’ve never seen that look in his eyes like he has this week. Coach Kelly as well. Those guys are really, really ready to get us going for this game.

“Coach Molnar, he’s a mad scientist. When he and Coach Quinn and Coach Kelly put their brains together, that’s a dangerous combination.â€

Kelly agreed that there is a little more bounce in the coaches’ steps this week, but it has more to do with returning to Big East play than anything relating to Tresey.

“We’ve been non-league since Rutgers (the first week of the season),†Kelly said. “When it’s a conference game it takes on a different approach. Everybody knows you’re back in Big East play. You know what’s at stake. What’s got our guys charged up and our staff is that we’re back in the Big East.â€

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog04&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ada6629a0-7bd0-4605-8869-25a20cb5adabPost%3aeddb55ea-4bd0-459d-afb1-78900936cac7&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Sounds like what the Raiders said before the Super Bowl against the Buc's...

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I would also if I were playing a team I have owned the last 3 years.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know the full story...Why the hate for Tresey? 

I know he interviewed for the Miami DC position, but this may be a non reason.

• Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

Kelly is a jackhole and did not want to share the limelight.  He might have thought that the defense success was to much and did not want to have Tresey be that successful.  But we will probably not know.  I hope that Kelly was a jerk and that the USF players beat the tar out of the cincy players.  I want hits and sacks like I saw at FSU. 

For you Cincy trolls who are reading this you won't even let me post on your blog, that sucks, but we are not like you we will let you come in and put your 2 cents in.  Must be sad to be you guys afraid of a little jaw jabbering.

• Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know the full story...Why the hate for Tresey? 

"Though neither Kelly nor Tresey have ever spoken much publicly about what happened, several sources have confirmed this sequence of events: Tresey interview for the vacant defensive coordinator position at Miami, believed he had the job and told Kelly he was leaving. But after Tresey and Shannon disagreed on details, Kelly had already moved on and decided to hire Diaco. That left Tresey unemployed until he landed the Bulls job after two interviews with Jim Leavitt. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/3688/tresey-is-the-bulls-inside-man-against-cincinnati

• Content Count:  4,259

Cincy will find out that the only licking they will be doing on Thursday will be the licking of wounds.  Oh, and Gilyard will not even finish the game, John Legiste and Nate Allen will introduce him to tooth jarring Bulls football on one of his crossing routes.  KERBEEK!

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

No way would I want to catch a ball in the middle with Lejiste, Young, Allen, and Murphy all lurking back there. I think we're going to see plenty of lids on the turf Thrus. night.

• Content Count:  3,749

can't stand their players, coaches, and fans gloating and parading around like their hot ****. I hope we beat the ever living **** out of them. I don't like players getting hurt but i hope Gilyard gets knocked the F out.

Archived