• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilyard - UC Coaches "Licking Their Chops"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

Kelly is a jackhole and did not want to share the limelight.  He might have thought that the defense success was to much and did not want to have Tresey be that successful.  But we will probably not know.  I hope that Kelly was a jerk and that the USF players beat the tar out of the cincy players.  I want hits and sacks like I saw at FSU.   

For you Cincy trolls who are reading this you won't even let me post on your blog, that *****, but we are not like you we will let you come in and put your 2 cents in.  Must be sad to be you guys afraid of a little jaw jabbering.

Not sure where you went to try to post but I agree it is lame if they didnt let you on but it isnt like we have anything to do with that.

To say Kelly wouldn't want to share the limelight with a coach because he was too good is borderline retarded.

Kelly shares a lot of his star with Kerry Coombs who is going to be the next head coach of a good team. Honestly Kelly fired Tressey for 2 reasons.

- Number 1 he thought the 3-4 is better fit to defend the spread offenses that are becoming popular .

- Number 2 our defense underachieved by his standards last year.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys this thread is one that can get on my nerve a little bit.

Mardy Gilyard is one of the best people you could ever meet.

Not that it will change your minds but he was the same guy who left the team because of grades and instead of going home and quitting he worked 4-5 jobs while being homeless. He was literally living out of his car.

He is also the same guy who crashed into the kid and instead of getting up and running back to the huddle he took off his helmet and made sure the kid was OK and gave him a hug.

He is also the same guy I know spends a lot of his time in the community and goes to schools to read to kids.

He is honest and is loaded with confidence. He isn't some a-hole or w/e.

To hope he gets hurt is absurd. No one has stopped him in a few years.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Not that it will change your minds but he was the same guy who left the team because of grades and instead of going home and quitting he worked 4-5 jobs while being homeless. He was literally living out of his car.

He is also the same guy who crashed into the kid and instead of getting up and running back to the huddle he took off his helmet and made sure the kid was OK and gave him a hug.

He is also the same guy I know spends a lot of his time in the community and goes to schools to read to kids.

I don't think anyone wants him to get hurt, we do however want him to get lit up by one of our safeties. There are big hits in football that do not lead to injury. If we are going to stop the quick slants that you guys run, a big part of that will be making receivers worry about their safety a little more than focusing on catching the ball. A scared receiver is a big advantage for a defense.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I hope we knock him into next year.

Thats fine. I just dont agree with wanting someone hurt.

A funny note about Mardy. He was working full time out of his car and didnt have any bank account so he would only carry cash.

When he made enough to get back into school on his own dime he walked to the administration building with 8,000 dollars CASH.

He said something like people looked at me like where did you get that. He said he told them he wasn't a drug dealer or something. He said he worked really hard for the money haha

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He may be a great guy, but he gave a stupid quote.  Motivation enough for a game like this, and if you saw the USF-FSU game, you'd know how much this defense likes to hit.

As far as him getting hurt, if anyone on here said that they wanted him hurt...well, you know there are always a few idiots on a message board.  We can't give people a test before they sign up.  I'm sure you have a few on your boards too.

• Content Count:  4,016

I hate to be devil's advocate, but does anyone remember how big a day Williams had for Syracuse? Our secondary better be ready....

There is a difference between Williams and Gilyard.  Gilyard is an awesome receiver, but he's a shifty, open field guy that gets open and makes plays.  Williams is a big, physical receiver with powerful hands that doesn't have real break-away ability but runs phenomenal routes, and is great at catching the ball in the air, and in traffic.  I differentiate because there were about 4 catches Williams made against us where he had defenders all over him, and we either didn't break to the ball properly, or Mike made an amazing physical catch that few receivers could make because Mike Williams is a huge physical receiver at 6-2 215lbs.  Gilyard is 6-1 195lbs, he probably wouldn't make some of those catches Mike made against us, simply because Gilyard is not that type of receiver, the jump up in the middle of a pack, and use a massive body, and strong hands to come out of the pack with the ball.  With that being said Gilyard is the guy our DB's saw alot of the back of his jersey last year enroute to two TD's of 30 yards or longer.  

Personally I think we've got enough speed to contend with Mardy this year, more so then last year's game when Williams was at Strong, Tyller Roberts at one corner, and I believe a newby Washington played quite a bit that game too because Roberts got dusted good a couple of plays early.  But remember great receivers make their catches in a game.  All you try to do is limit their ability to burn you, and channel their play.  Williams had 8 receptions for nearly 100 yards against WVU last week too.  Gilyard will make catches, but keep them short, and make it painful for him to venture into the tougher spots on the field and you can channel his play.

• Content Count:  5

This is such a silly topic.  Locker room material in a game like this is the most overrated thing of all time. One of the main reasons I love coach Kelly is he doesn't talk about getting his team fired up, or how revenge is going to get us there... he knows that execution and being the better team is what wins you football games. The Bearcats are a top 10 team going to USF's house, they have beaten USF 3 straight times and all USF hears these days is about their collapses in conference play...do you really think USF would be any less motivated without Gilyard's quote?

yesterday I heard Kelly's response to the revenge factor for USF and he basically laughed it off as the non-issue it is. This game is going to be one in loss by how well the players execute the gameplan. Kelly wants his team to be prepared. He wants them to play smart, skilled and fast football. He wants them to play with emotion but he does not want the emotion to be the most important factor in the game...he knows we win this game if we continue to run our offense like we have and do not turn the ball over. I could give a **** about the Gilyard quote..it will have zero negative effect for UC in this football game.

And rooting for a player to get hurt is amateur hour.  I leave for Tampa tonight.  I'm stoked for the game tomorrow.  I still could care less about something like this other than it pumps me up to hear the players so excited about the gameplan being laid out for them.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

This is such a silly topic.  Locker room material in a game like this is the most overrated thing of all time. One of the main reasons I love coach Kelly is he doesn't talk about getting his team fired up, or how revenge is going to get us there... he knows that execution and being the better team is what wins you football games. The Bearcats are a top 10 team going to USF's house, they have beaten USF 3 straight times and all USF hears these days is about their collapses in conference play...do you really think USF would be any less motivated without Gilyard's quote?

yesterday I heard Kelly's response to the revenge factor for USF and he basically laughed it off as the non-issue it is. This game is going to be one in loss by how well the players execute the gameplan. Kelly wants his team to be prepared. He wants them to play smart, skilled and fast football. He wants them to play with emotion but he does not want the emotion to be the most important factor in the game...he knows we win this game if we continue to run our offense like we have and do not turn the ball over. I could give a **** about the Gilyard quote..it will have zero negative effect for UC in this football game.

And rooting for a player to get hurt is amateur hour.  I leave for Tampa tonight.  I'm stoked for the game tomorrow.  I still could care less about something like this other than it pumps me up to hear the players so excited about the gameplan being laid out for them.

Lol of course you could care less about something like this. I would too if a player on my team said it. And about Kelly laughing it off, thats great. He thinks it funny. He won't be laughing come thursday.

Archived