• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilyard - UC Coaches "Licking Their Chops"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

This is such a silly topic.  Locker room material in a game like this is the most overrated thing of all time.

I agree with the sentiment. I really doubt Leavitt or Kelly need to use crap like this to get the players motivated, and if they do ... well, that's a problem. Unless things change dramatically (and that of course is possible), this is the biggest game each of these teams will play this season. If that's not enough to make the players want to win, nothing will be.

I'm sure Kelly and Tresey both really want to win this game for reasons relating to their own pride, but the "bulletin board material" theory is garbage.

And I want to clarify I don't want to injure the guy, I just want our guys to get some good legal shots on him.

I'm pretty sure the Cincy fans were talking about this post:

can't stand their players, coaches, and fans gloating and parading around like their hot ****. I hope we beat the ever living **** out of them. I don't like players getting hurt but <b>i hope Gilyard gets knocked the F out.</b>

... and I agree with them.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

can't stand their players, coaches, and fans gloating and parading around like their hot ****. I hope we beat the ever living **** out of them. I don't like players getting hurt but <b>i hope Gilyard gets knocked the F out.</b>

Well, we did knock out that guy from FSU, so it's quite possible that a very clean hit can do it, and I still don't see this as "hoping he gets hurt". If someone said "I hope Gilyard tears his ACL", that would be wrong.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Well, we did knock out that guy from FSU, so it's quite possible that a very clean hit can do it, and I still don't see this as "hoping he gets hurt". If someone said "I hope Gilyard tears his ACL", that would be wrong.

So you are saying "knocked the F out" doesn't qualify as "hurt" then? Because that's what the post I quoted was hoping for. Clean hit or not, to hope a player gets hurt is stupid.

• Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

I am glad to see that USF fans in general are smart.

I actually really enjoy this message board. I like the fans opinions. Seems to have people who can keep things in perspective.

Mardy is not a big powerful receiver by any means. He really isn't all that fast honestly. I would guess 4.5

He is so slippery. He reads blocks so well.

The difference is that you have to guard him 1 on 1. It is hard to double 1 player when you need to account for 4 other receivers.

Mardy is a extremely good big timer player. He loves the spotlight and always preforms his best in it. I cant wait guys.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I agree with the sentiment. I really doubt Leavitt or Kelly need to use crap like this to get the players motivated, and if they do ... well, that's a problem.

They don't need it, but they will definitely use it.  

If you listened to Leavitt's FSU post game comments, they had some bulletin board material that they used.  Reading Gilyard's comments, Kelly would clearly do the same.  Football is a game of emotion.  Any little thing that can help get the team fired up will be used.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

To our Cinci visitors, our fans showed much class at the FSU game (and always do when it comes to injuries).  A couple of times when FSU players were down we followed our normal routine.  Our custom is to hold our horns high while being quiet until the player is back on his feet (or taken off the field worse case).  None of us want to see a player injured.  Hurting him a bit with a big hit - whole different thing. 

There are some fans (see FIU) who are just classless when it comes to injuries.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

So you are saying "knocked the F out" doesn't qualify as "hurt" then? Because that's what the post I quoted was hoping for. Clean hit or not, to hope a player gets hurt is stupid.

You clearly misinterpreted what i said. Cinci deserves to get popped in the mouth extra hard for what i read as trash talking. I do not wish for any player to have a game ending/season or career ending injury, but as a fan of a high speed collision sport i do enjoy people that run their mouth to get completely laid out from a huge hit, which classifies as "knocked the F out", not in the sense of him getting a concussion or knocked out of the game though.

Archived