• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Too bad I won't be there for Wofford - You can run with THE BULLS

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

As I once heard muttered at a bar on Fowler, "We ain't the Golden Brahmans no more".

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more honest question... If in fact "it's not going anywhere" Would the people running the program be open to the idea mentioned earlier where one would buy all the slots and then just not show? Figure there are 10 spots available at $150 each per game and 6 home games... so if we found someone to donate $9000 then we could make it go away? Keep in mind that I'm serious about this. I know several people who donate at that level. It's not out of the realm of possibility if they're open to it.

Well, consider that they are not selling ALL of the spots.  They still have spots for students, and those are free.  So yes, it is out of the realm of possibility.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

One more honest question... If in fact "it's not going anywhere" Would the people running the program be open to the idea mentioned earlier where one would buy all the slots and then just not show? Figure there are 10 spots available at $150 each per game and 6 home games... so if we found someone to donate $9000 then we could make it go away? Keep in mind that I'm serious about this. I know several people who donate at that level. It's not out of the realm of possibility if they're open to it.

Yes I will put $150 down just to see one less person come out of that tunnel. Anyone else? Where do I go e-bay. send the link.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

You really know people who would donate $9k to avoid 30 seconds of seeing something on a football field before a game?

I understand that you don't like it, but where does this deep hatred come from?

If it really offends you that much, just don't show up to your seat until game time so you don't have to witness it.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

some of the guys on this site are ridiculous....a bunch of green paint, fantasy football, beer guzzling fans.

Get a grip, some of us do a bit more 'heavy lifting' from the financial perspective and the only reason the fans, and interest, and budget is where it is, is because of those heavy lifters.  Football isn't all about beer bongs, green paint, and shots during a tailgate.  You want to know football go to an Ole Miss game and walk through "The Grove."  Some of you brat, and beer dudes would think those southerners are idiots for what they do....but those southerners put a lot of money into the Ole Miss program and quite frankly they do what they **** well please.

Some pageantry must come along with it too, I get the frats, Beefstuds, beer chugging, but there has to be some sophistication and pageantry too.  This is a college program after all, let's show we're at least thinkers and not a bunch of redneck NFL fans. 

Richard started the running, and I love it.  I would trade every single whiner on this thread for two more Richard Gonzmarts.  You fools should be kissing his arse for what he does for this program, not criticizing a bull run which I think is a brilliant subtle add on to our entrance, and provides more revenue and marketing.    And I really hate coming to this board hearing from a bunch of whining guys that don't contribute a nickel, but want to be the CEO of these operations.  Same ole same ole, everyone in the peanut gallery can do it better, yet they don't have the dollars or sense to do it-- go figure.  Everyone is a marketing guru....and yet someone had told me the bull run was intriguing enough to get inquiries from the nation press--- those idiots. :D

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

some of the guys on this site are ridiculous....a bunch of green paint, fantasy football, beer guzzling fans.

Get a grip, some of us do a bit more 'heavy lifting' from the financial perspective and the only reason the fans, and interest, and budget is where it is, is because of those heavy lifters.  Football isn't all about beer bongs, green paint, and shots during a tailgate.  You want to know football go to an Ole Miss game and walk through "The Grove."  Some of you brat, and beer dudes would think those southerners are idiots for what they do....but those southerners put a lot of money into the Ole Miss program and quite frankly they do what they **** well please.

Some pageantry must come along with it too, I get the frats, Beefstuds, beer chugging, but there has to be some sophistication and pageantry too.  This is a college program after all, let's show we're at least thinkers and not a bunch of redneck NFL fans. 

Richard started the running, and I love it.  I would trade every single whiner on this thread for two more Richard Gonzmarts.  You fools should be kissing his arse for what he does for this program, not criticizing a bull run which I think is a brilliant subtle add on to our entrance, and provides more revenue and marketing.    And I really hate coming to this board hearing from a bunch of whining guys that don't contribute a nickel, but want to be the CEO of these operations.  Same ole same ole, everyone in the peanut gallery can do it better, yet they don't have the dollars or sense to do it-- go figure.  Everyone is a marketing guru....and yet someone had told me the bull run was intriguing enough to get inquiries from the nation press--- those idiots. :D

Cha-ching! And, I also second the sentiment of Richard Gonzmart's value to our university. The man is a true heavy lifter.

Personally, I like the "Running of the Bulls" entrance. I'd like to see a hype-video incorporating the Pamplona/Running of the Bulls reference to the opponent we're about to dismantle. It'll be a good way of tying everything together, so that we don't have people wondering who the "karate kids" are.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

As a donor and STH I'd like to know why my school is condoning something that most find embarrasing to the image of our program.

I think that saying "most find embarrasing to the image of our program" is being a tad on the melodramatic side... unless you can come up with some examples of where our program's image is actually being tarnished because of this. Most fans probably don't care one way or the other. Paisa's idea of having some kind of video, though, that helps explain what's exactly going on, including possibly the goring of that game's opponent is a great one ..... just as long as it doesn't incorporate the word "Tamplona".  :D

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Bullpride08 can get a little emotional...

Having a discussion on these things is GREAT!  Again, for old timers like Bullpride08 and myself there were days where we basically had nothing.  Nothing.

This young program needs the heavy lifters as much as it needs the dreamers, the idea people, and the beer-guzzling, pong playing, frat boys. 

As I alluded too earlier, have a great idea to offer.  Buying out the runners that come out of the tunnel may not be the best use of $9K, but if you have $9k to spend do it constructively, propose and fund a new idea with it.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

just as long as it doesn't incorporate the word "Tamplona".  :D

Where is ET?  I haven't seen him on here in a long time.

Archived