• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Too bad I won't be there for Wofford - You can run with THE BULLS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Can we pay people not to run out in those Spanish/Karate kid outfits?

We need a not for profit group to collect donation to buy out the spots, and just not show up on game days.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Marketing discussions have taken place here for the duration of the site.  Going back 10 years.  Most agree marketing has gotten better, but something like marketing is rarely where everyone wants it to be.  I think we've gotten a lot better.  Just look at the official site and what it offers compared to just 7-8 years ago. 

I would recommend that you suggest some ideas and opportunities for USF to better market itself.  They read the board.  Better than just a slam, tell everyone what you would do or not do and have a discussion.

I would scrap the Slaughter of the Bulls and replace it with... Rocky and the cheerleaders running out on the field in front of the team with a live Brahma Bull... (mute the video... music is awful)

However since we can't do this at Raymond James thanks to crotchety ole Glazier then have the current Rocky run out with the cheerleaders ahead of the team for now. 

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Last year we started auctioning off opportunities for "non-students" to participate.  Initially, this was an idea to give USF students the opportunity to find out what it felt like to run out with the team.  We've had various others take place, Richard Gonzmart, Mike Pepper, and a few other adult Bulls fans.

Some of you may not like it but get used to it.  It's not going anywhere.  Go Bulls!

Eric

Not encouraging

I was thinking the same thing. Also is he saying that the students who run out aren't adults? Maybe we could get there parents to ground them. ;D

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Marketing discussions have taken place here for the duration of the site.  Going back 10 years.  Most agree marketing has gotten better, but something like marketing is rarely where everyone wants it to be.  I think we've gotten a lot better.  Just look at the official site and what it offers compared to just 7-8 years ago. 

I would recommend that you suggest some ideas and opportunities for USF to better market itself.  They read the board.  Better than just a slam, tell everyone what you would do or not do and have a discussion.

You are correct Bulliever.  What if I did not get on this board today?  I would not know.  What I do know is that as a season ticket holder they have my e-mail addy.  Why not send an e-mail about this to those that USF does have the email addys of?

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i thought they've always auctioned this off.  same with retreving the kickoff tee and i think one other sideline duty

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Last year we started auctioning off opportunities for "non-students" to participate.  Initially, this was an idea to give USF students the opportunity to find out what it felt like to run out with the team.  We've had various others take place, Richard Gonzmart, Mike Pepper, and a few other adult Bulls fans.

Some of you may not like it but get used to it.  It's not going anywhere.  Go Bulls!

Eric

Eric,

Since you're not accepting PM's I guess I have to post this here....

I honestly had no idea who was in charge of the "running of the bulls" till now. Honest question... why is this being done?

1. It has no tradition at our school... our bull has long been identified with a species that was raised locally... In no way is our mascot related to the bulls of spain.

2. Why are we copying a situation where the bulls are being led out to be slaughtered by their opponent? Doesn't seem to make sense...

If you're not part of the group that runs this please pass along these questions... As a donor and STH I'd like to know why my school is condoning something that most find embarrasing to the image of our program. It appears that the only people who like it are those attached to it...

We don't need something different... just HOT and the cheerleaders... seems like we're trying too hard.

Thanks for any answers you can get.

Bill Hitchcock

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Can we pay people not to run out in those Spanish/Karate kid outfits?

We need a not for profit group to collect donation to buy out the spots, and just not show up on game days.

I like this I am in!

Bill --

A bull is a bull is a bull - doesn't matter than the Bulls in Pamplona are not Golden Brahman bulls (which are not locally, so you can dispense with that logic too)...

But consider this: USF wanted to let other students run out with the team.  Running.  With the Bulls.  What imagery does that conjure?  To me, it conjures the imagery of Pamplona.

Do you remember the WVU game when they gave out the handkerchiefs for fans to hold up when the Bulls run out? the same way they do in Pamplona during the festival of San Fermin?

You won't be satisfied with any answer... but Eric's statement should be the final answer ... "It's not going anywhere..."

Bill --

A bull is a bull is a bull - doesn't matter than the Bulls in Pamplona are not Golden Brahman bulls (which are not locally, so you can dispense with that logic too)...

But consider this: USF wanted to let other students run out with the team.  Running.  With the Bulls.  What imagery does that conjure?  To me, it conjures the imagery of Pamplona.

Do you remember the WVU game when they gave out the handkerchiefs for fans to hold up when the Bulls run out? the same way they do in Pamplona during the festival of San Fermin?

You won't be satisfied with any answer... but Eric's statement should be the final answer ... "It's not going anywhere..."

Jim... I said raised locally... not native... and for the 30 years I've lived here they have been raised in central florida...

I'm not saying that students shouldn't have the opportunity to run out with the team... it's just the current system looks rediculous and needs to be fixed.

Honestly I don't remember it at the WVU game, I was way up in the 300 level and there were 6000 other things going on.

If infact Eric's statement is the final answer (which I'm not disputing) then the that is indeed disappointing... I expected better from the leadership in this particular instance.

One more honest question... If in fact "it's not going anywhere" Would the people running the program be open to the idea mentioned earlier where one would buy all the slots and then just not show? Figure there are 10 spots available at $150 each per game and 6 home games... so if we found someone to donate $9000 then we could make it go away? Keep in mind that I'm serious about this. I know several people who donate at that level. It's not out of the realm of possibility if they're open to it.

Archived