• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Too bad I won't be there for Wofford - You can run with THE BULLS

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

E.T. has been around, I chatted with him yesterday...very busy guy right now.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

Bulliever...bravo on your comments about being constructive instead of attacking!

this is more about all of the 'marketing' convos than just this particular one:

Guys there's always room for improvement but as Bullievier pointed out contructive conversation can produce better results than bashing our marketing for every little thing that "could be done better" - Also most marketing initiatives aren't aimed at the die hard fan they're aimed at the more casual fans to get them interested and potentially turn them into the diehard so take a moment to consider if things are even aimed at you to begin with

Something like the auction for the running of the Bulls is a value-added opportunity for someone who may have not connections to experience a pretty cool thing...how many people on these boards have been on the field when our team bursts out of the tunnel? let alone run out in front of them? you are welcome to argue that there's a better way of doing this but please give respect to the fact that our marketing gives our fans opportunities to be involved with our program in ways that many other major universities wouldn't dream of offering the 'average' fan. Be critical but be constructive and so much more can come out of it.

**as a side note I don't have an opinion either way on the 'running of the bulls', I'm more focused on the team running out behind them**

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,016

Bullpride08 can get a little emotional...

Having a discussion on these things is GREAT!  Again, for old timers like Bullpride08 and myself there were days where we basically had nothing.  Nothing.

This young program needs the heavy lifters as much as it needs the dreamers, the idea people, and the beer-guzzling, pong playing, frat boys. 

As I alluded too earlier, have a great idea to offer.  Buying out the runners that come out of the tunnel may not be the best use of $9K, but if you have $9k to spend do it constructively, propose and fund a new idea with it.

I do get emotional for the reasons you say.  It just is tough to read callous criticisms of a really interesting and unique entrance that USF has created...especially since it's because of the hardwork and dedication of a strong donor/alum/ and great benefactor of the program.  A college program is meant to attract all ages, and therefore some things a few fans will see and say 'that's gay, or stupid'...but it has an intended target.  It's targeting the pageantry of college football...which is all about tradition and background...double meanings.    

Throw out meaningful ideas, that don't have massive budgetary constraints, and I am sure USF will listen.  Toro had a very good idea that could be incorporated to make the entrance on the field more exciting and explain better to the fans.  I mean coming out with smoke, fireworks...been there done that.  I think the idea was to run out with the individuals dressed like Pamplona "Running with the Bulls" with a real live Bull running with them.  We know that can't happen for now, but think about how cool that would be!  It would be unique, and if we had a Bull running on the field one day I would rather see them running on with something unique like we already have, then a bunch of cowboys, with boots, and wranglers like that run out with the Colorado Buffalo, or the Texas Longhorn.  

I just wish the people running had the newspapers to swat the players with... like they do in Pamplona... or maybe a fence wall to climb up  ;) ;) ;) ;)

• Content Count:  4,501

My daugter - six at the time - did the Tee retrieval thing last year and it was great.  Everyone in our section was cheering and she and I went down on the field.  She was scared and for awhile I thought she wouldn't run out and get it but when the time came she took off in a full sprint.  It is the moment you will always remember.  

As for the running with the Bulls i don't see any problem with it.  I think it's a great idea.

• Content Count:  4,501

I think they also have taken people out on the field during the coin toss.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Wow... one day away in the field.... Guys... I'm entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.  Somebody actually threw out hatred? The only things I hate about USF and our team are WVU and Rutgers... I love this school and almost everything about it. I was simply looking for a response to what I thought were some valid questions that I had as a donor to the school and a STH.

To answer another question, no, I don't plan on donating any sum of money to try to stop the event. It was just a thought.

Do I stand by my comment that it is embarrasing (SP?) to the school? Yes. I don't think it goes with any tradition of the school and infact it goes against the history of our area and the school... it doesn't fit in my opinion.

Jim... a bull is not a bull... Whether you want to call us Brahamas or not, our mascot looks like a brahama and not a spanish bull... the two are totally different. That being said, find me on 9/5/09... I'll have a beer for you.  ;D

Archived