• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This sums it up for me!!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

What does Matt think of the play calling? and is he allowed to call his own audibles?

It's obvious that he is not calling audibles. When you are continually looking to the sideline for guidance, you are not calling the play. Any last second change-ups are being signalled in from the sideline.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

flip - is the Hooters on North 98 still open?  Let's drown our sorrows in about 10 pitchers.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

yes it is and would love to but I have a game tonight at Lake Gibson.......Matt is pretty upset and knows they have to get better and will do everything he can to do that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,370
  • Days Won:  10

flip - is the Hooters on North 98 still open?  Let's drown our sorrows in about 10 pitchers.

Cram, I prefer MoJo's out on Gary road by Larsen Power Plant.  YOWZERZ!!

Anyway, I don't know that there was anyone out there last night who didn't make mistakes.  It was just a bad night with a toll taken by injuries.  Oddly, I will get excited for the next game anyway.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Hey, I live in South Lakeland...like by Mulberry.  I was trying to find some "middle ground" between Lake Gibson and me - North 98 is a hike enough!!!

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Flip... it doesn't take much to see the true problem, but there is no inherent solution with Gregory's son backing up your son. Leavitt is on eggshells here. Fire Gregory or swap Gregory and Canales, and you take the chance of creating bad anomisity among the players (both players have fiercely loyal friends on here). Smazza and I talked this morning... his biggest point... make it an open competition at QB again to see if the fire is still in Grothe (which I believe it is), or if Daniels is coming along enough to give him a challenge. Our offense has gotten so simplified, Daniels might be able to run it currently at or near the same level unfortunately. I still contend that the problems lies at the OC. The season is not wasted... some coaches need to look in the mirror and find out if they are truly prepared week in and week out for gameday. Marquel never regressed his entire four years he started... I attribute that to a combination of his talent and good coaching. Matt's only playing with half-a-deck currently. And he doesn't lack talent.

Also, I think someone needs to sit down with D. Woolward and talk to him about scheduling of games. We are not that deep yet for a program. We are loaded at the 1's, but the dropoff is pretty significant in some cases with the 2's. The exposure of Thursday night games are great, but its wrecked havoc on the short week. Play Thursday only if you have a bye week before, not after. Terrible scheduling on our part... terrible scheduling on the Big East's part. Showcase a team that is injured on a short week on the road after road game. Not smart at all from a marketing perspective for the League if USF or WVU is the lead horse.

When I played, Marquel could audible out of plays at the line... He was a **** QB, just like Matt. Doesn't seem that Matt gets to change much at the line.

It's cool you are the QB's pops on the board, but at the same time, being a coach, you realize the non-sense every big time QB is going to receive after a loss. Imagine the non-sense Reising is dealing with at KU... or Colt McCoy two years ago when Matt had a better season. Now, Colt is all-world... The swings are pretty hard for a QB and his family. Thankfully, Pat Julimeste's folks didn't frequent the board... I'm sure Pat did though.

Matt was God after KU this season... unfortunately, we are currently falling as fast as the economy. He'll regroup... but will our gameplan tool him with the right play selection to salvage the season. Either way, tell him to keep his chin up (not that he needs to here that - he appears pretty self motivated). Things will be changing at the end of the season when Grant Gregory leaves. If Selvie stays, we really have a good starting point of leaders to make things happen for next season. Hang in there Flip. Good luck in your game tonight.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

What does Matt think of the play calling? and is he allowed to call his own audibles?

It's obvious that he is not calling audibles. When you are continually looking to the sideline for guidance, you are not calling the play. Any last second change-ups are being signalled in from the sideline.

At Rutger's 3 years ago I sat in back of the father of the OC.  THe father was a high school coach I believe.  Might have been Gregory but may have been someone else at the time.  Anyway, I asked about this stuff where everyone straightens up and looks at the sidelines.  From what I remember him telling me, the plays they call have 3 options (2 pass and 1 run I think) and when they get to the line and look over, they are looking for which of the options to that play they want run based on how the defense is lined up.

Some of you that have played may be able to explain it better than that. 

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

3rd and 15 in 3rd quarter    QB draw up the middle!!!!! 

I was ohh soo pissed at this play.  I was watching the game and just could not believe how awful of a call that was.  That really just told me that we do not have the coaching to consistently win Big East games, and I just about gave up on that game.

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

Quit ya bellyaching!

we lost.

we will do better next time...maybe?

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Quit ya bellyaching!

we lost.

we will do better next time...maybe?

What shows you we will?  Our great playcalling, our sure fire hands at the wide reciever position, the discipline our coaching staff has tought our team, or possibly the way this OLINE has been manhandling opposing lines?  If you have seen something positive in these last few games that I haven't please tell me.

As pretty big USF followers, this is what we do.  We complain about the mistakes when we lose.  and when we win, we tell smazza he sucks.

Archived