• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This sums it up for me!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

dabully, I assume that the issue of audibling is something that has come up and the staff has made its preference known.  

A big problem is that he gets the plays with 15 seconds on the clock and then has to get them lined up and the play run.  At that point, a QB either has to run the lpay called or improvise.  Matt's improvisation has been taking advantage of a broken play where the defense has left open lanes or overpursued.  That is not the same as running "73green-chevy" when "92whiteford" was the call.  

That is a sure-fire way, over time, to get yourself killed as a QB, as you are ona  different page from the blocking scheme and the receivers.  You may get away with it a couple times, but not consistently.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  206
  • Days Won:  0

since we're all posting opinions here.........  I think we 've gone too far in the other direction regarding not letting Matt scramble around.  Obviously he is ok in the pocket but much better out on the edges, he has more options from there.  Also yes GG needs to go. we need someone to design an O around our talent and use it to their strengths also I still can't figure out why we don't run more kansas/mizzou type rolling pocket plays......  but what frustrates me is we run a good mix of plays in our victories and abondon the runs, screens and play actions in all of our losses. 

Also, if the players read these posts...don't give up the season isn't lost and 3 wins and bowl W would still get us a season ending top 25 ranking.....something no other USF team has accomplished!!!

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

MATT IS NOT THE PROBLEM WITH THIS TEAM.

Coaching is the problem.  Play calling on offense.

Way to many penalties on defense and to many long pass plays gicen up.

and SMAZZA KEEP YOUR PATHETIC COMMENTS TO YOURSELF11111

Archived