• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This sums it up for me!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

3rd and 15 in 3rd quarter    QB draw up the middle!!!!! ::)

this is a staple play of the leavitt offense

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I feel bad for Matt as these plays give the QB no "extras" as the routes very seldom are easy throws with big YAC potential.  Every route is basically, catch and fall down, catch and get drilled etc.  We have absolutely no answer for a blitz and we KNOW it's coming on 3rd downs.  A simple slant would torch this every time.  Do it a few times and teams won't bring the house, they can't afford to bc one missed tackle means 6 points.

he made plenty of bonehead plays himself

he hAS REGRESSED

they say he lost wieght and is quicker blah blah

he played better when he was fat

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I feel bad for Matt as these plays give the QB no "extras" as the routes very seldom are easy throws with big YAC potential.  Every route is basically, catch and fall down, catch and get drilled etc.  We have absolutely no answer for a blitz and we KNOW it's coming on 3rd downs.  A simple slant would torch this every time.  Do it a few times and teams won't bring the house, they can't afford to bc one missed tackle means 6 points.

he made plenty of bonehead plays himself

he hAS REGRESSED

they say he lost wieght and is quicker blah blah

he played better when he was fat

smazza, he has not regressed.  I'll admit he's trying to do too much by himself, but he really has very little help.  He's playing against the other team, his receiver drops and wrong routes, the lack of a running game, a banged up OL, and poor play calling.  What do you really expect him to do?

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Glad to see your 2 cents flip.  Unfortunately the size and scope of the playbook seems to have withered away in the last two years.  You can make bad playcalling against bad teams and still run up 500 yards of offense.  But do it against a team that is prepared..... ::)

• Content Count:  1,037

Smazza please stay out of my threads you spew vile vomit and to be honest with you, and all of you...I know he made mistakes, but we are loaded with playmakers and everybody thinks if he doesnt make one every play he sucks and well he cant do it all, but he will try and sometimes that can cause mistakes.

• Content Count:  7,890

I had a parent of a Olinemen tell me we have less than 30 plays in the playbook and the only way they change it up is to move formation. Good God

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Smazza please stay out of my threads you spew vile vomit and to be honest with you, and all of you...I know he made mistakes, but we are loaded with playmakers and everybody thinks if he doesnt make one every play he sucks and well he cant do it all, but he will try and sometimes that can cause mistakes.

flip, I know I have been critical of some of Matt's mistakes in the past.  However, I think most bulls fans know where the blame lies.  Don't take one man's baseless statements as indicative of Bulls Country.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

What does Matt think of the play calling? and is he allowed to call his own audibles?

• Content Count:  4,738

My only complaint about Matt is keying in on his primary target.  Normally I can care less about a mistake or to in a game because the moxy to make those plays is the same thing that lets him make great plays.

Its obvious the play calling has went to ****.  no game plan. no plays to attack teams weaknesses. its gone to poop

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm with you.  I see a kid playing his heart out and wants nothing more than to win.  Unfortunately, the criticism comes with the territory.  He's the most high profile guy out there.  Hopefully, he can let it slide and come out and perform next game.

Archived