• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boosters Unite....Fire Greg Gregory Tonight!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

Wouldn't firing him after the end of the season be better?  Would this not cause more turmoil mid-season?  Shows a lack of solid leadership maybe?

Either way just go for another option next year please.

Yes you are right.

Someone give me of an example of how firing a coach during the season has ever worked out well for a football team.

Wasn't the middle of the season, but WV made out OK in the bowl game after losing to Pitt and Rich Rod was gone.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

So we agree, Gregory goes after the WVU game but before the St. Pete Bowl.  And Franks goes the day after signing day. 

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

we can promote mike canales or hire tony franklin

• Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

we can promote mike canales or hire tony franklin

USF wil need to decide what kind of offense to run prior to hiring a OC.  Considering USF will get the fourth best offensive linemen in the state it would be tough to run a pro-style offense in the Big East which is a challenging defensive league.  The spread would be better suited because they can get the speed needed at the WR and RB postions. The biggest flaw to the spread is that it is dependent on a Qb to make everything work and the QB is constantly exposed to hits. Once the QB goes down the system starts to fade.

Tony Franklin should be a possibility but we will have to give him time. Putting him on a short leash like Auburn did is quite ridiculous.  You have to get the right personnel in place to be successful

I think Mike Bajakian from Central Michigan should also be considered. He runs an effective offense and he can help with recruiting the Northeast.

I just realized Butch Jones from CMU learned the spread-options while he was coaching a WVU.  So Tony Franklin is a good choice if we continue ot run the spread.

• Content Count:  557

I haven't been ontheboard sinceThursday, so I am late to the thread, but this is the letter I wrote the Athletic Department on Thursday night after the game:

To whom it may concern,

I feel it is necessary for me as a season ticket holder, as well as a member of the alumni association, to express my displeasure with the way our offense is being handled. Our offense lacks fire, instinct and creativity. I can find no one else to blame for these problems except Greg Gregory. 

To be inside the opponents 10 yard line twice in the 4th quarter and come away with no points is unacceptable. To run two draw plays into the heart of the defense on consecutive plays, when it the play hasn't been effective all game, is ludicrous. To fail to get a play call in, and force our offense to burn our second timeout with 8 minutes left in the game, is ridiculous. These problems are not new to this offense by any stretch of the imagination, they have become the norm. 

A change at the offensive coordinator position must take place if we want to take the next step. We can not win a conference championship with Gregory at the helm. We can not make it to a BCS bowl game with Gregory at the helm. There will be no "big 4" with Gregory at the helm. 

We have the recruiting power, the talent and the conference to become a top tier football program. What does our team lack? At this point in time our team lacks an offensive coordinator with creativity, fire and instinct. With Gregory at the helm we stand no chance.  Please do not take these words as the angry ramblings of a disgruntled alumni/fan. I want nothing but the best for our university and this staff is far from "our best".

Sincerely,

Curtis Britt III

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

I haven't been ontheboard sinceThursday, so I am late to the thread, but this is the letter I wrote the Athletic Department on Thursday night after the game:

To whom it may concern,

I feel it is necessary for me as a season ticket holder, as well as a member of the alumni association, to express my displeasure with the way our offense is being handled. Our offense lacks fire, instinct and creativity. I can find no one else to blame for these problems except Greg Gregory. 

To be inside the opponents 10 yard line twice in the 4th quarter and come away with no points is unacceptable. To run two draw plays into the heart of the defense on consecutive plays, when it the play hasn't been effective all game, is ludicrous. To fail to get a play call in, and force our offense to burn our second timeout with 8 minutes left in the game, is ridiculous. These problems are not new to this offense by any stretch of the imagination, they have become the norm.   

A change at the offensive coordinator position must take place if we want to take the next step. We can not win a conference championship with Gregory at the helm. We can not make it to a BCS bowl game with Gregory at the helm. There will be no "big 4" with Gregory at the helm. 

We have the recruiting power, the talent and the conference to become a top tier football program. What does our team lack? At this point in time our team lacks an offensive coordinator with creativity, fire and instinct. With Gregory at the helm we stand no chance.  Please do not take these words as the angry ramblings of a disgruntled alumni/fan. I want nothing but the best for our university and this staff is far from "our best".

Sincerely,

Curtis Britt III

I will second that!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I've been busy and just got to this thread and am way too tired to do the paperwork to fire anyone tonight, I'll resume my thoughts and actions on this thread tomorrow.

• Content Count:  64

So, any ideas on who we should hire? 

How about one of Tulsa's Co-OCs? Hand or Malzahn.

• Content Count:  1,894

Toledo's head coach stepped down Tom Amstutz's who ran a sread offense. Just another idea if we can sway him away from his new job with toledo.

Archived