• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boosters Unite....Fire Greg Gregory Tonight!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Brett McMurphy posted this back in Feburary of this year on TBO.com

"Football assistant Greg Gregory's $120,000 salary at USF makes him the lowest-paid offensive coordinator among Bowl Championship Series schools. Gregory also makes less than every offensive coordinator in Conference USA, the Bulls' former league. Overall, 94 of 119 Division I-A offensive coordinators make more than Gregory."

I am not sure what the deal is with that figure as of today's date, but if he is still the lowest paid OC in all of the BCS, doesn't look very attractive to other OC's and recruiting coaches to come here and coach for us. I don't know how people could even talk about buying him out, when the school (or boosters) can't even pay him more than C-USA OC's.

I think we need to face the fact that gregory is our OC for at least another season and that hopefully CJL will spend some serious time in the offseason retooling the offense himself and setting gregory up to be a successful OC.

If I was CJL I would take a paycut and beg Woolard for more money to bring in a better OC. The long run pay off is worth it. More television appearances and bigger bowl games means more dollars. Acctually I am shocked Gregory is the sill the OC after this past week. They might as well start saving the money for the next OC.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Gregory needs to go and CJL shouldn't have to take a pay cut.  We are in a BCS school and the coaches pay should reflect that

• Content Count:  1,457

I have known Greg Gregory for a long time. He and his family are really wonderful people. But he wasn't a very effective OC at Ohio, and that he's struggling here does not surprise me at all.

All the coaches are fine men.  I am glad you qualified the OC's reputation here.  I am firm in my position that he needs to go - either on his own, at CJL's doing, or with pressure from external sources (like this board).

Peace to Gregory but please pack it up and move along.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Gregory needs to go and CJL shouldn't have to take a pay cut.  We are in a BCS school and the coaches pay should reflect that

CJL ($1.5M) should take a pay cut if he wants what is best for the program.  He is currently the 2nd highest paid coach in the BE and 35th in college football. He makes as much as Joe Pa. We have a limited budget for coaches.

He currently makes 9.5 times what our OC makes. I'm willing to bet that no one in the BE has that big a discrepancy between a head coaches pay and an OC (with the exception of possibly Rutgers and their results are poor as well).

Leavitt needs to be paid on the same level as Kelly ($1.2M) and Wanstache($1.2M). That's $300k more for assistants. He could earn additional bonuses for winning the BE. He's never placed higher than 3rd in the BE and should be paid accordingly.

• Content Count:  1,457

There is plenty of money to be spread around athletics at USF.  Leavitt actually may need a raise w/in the next season or so to keep up with keeping the best!  When we attract better assistants their pay will naturally increase.

Grant is a mid-major coach who belongs in a mid-major program; he never made the adjustment.  CJL has made the adjustment and so have many of the other coaches ~ just not Gregory.  He could have taken the lead from the chief lieutenant (Burnham) but he squandered the opportunity.

Bow out gracefully Gregory and take your show on the road please.

PMR

Archived