• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Matt calls it like he sees it - Fan Behavior

SANJAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Bully,

The biggest problem is not inside the stadium... it's outside. Where TSA doesn't have security.  You are right about problems in the stands... but how do you correct problems with tailgaters ??

Simple: limit tailgating.  Imagine having Miami here for a night game and the lots not opening until, say, 4:00pm again... or even 5:00pm.  Yes, that would be drastic and kill a lot of people's fun...

But it happens all the time: try taking a bottle of water through airport security these days.  Just because some guys in England were planning to disguise bombs as sports drinks, now mothers have to prove their breast milk is drinkable.

So... we have a choice: we all need to become "police" and do what we can to stop this kind of behavior, from the moment we get to the parking lots until we leave in our cars.... or our lack of effort (collectively) will result in decisions being forced on us because USF and TSA will have no other choice.

well maybe it's time TSA started providing security IN THEIR OWN PARKING LOTS.

it seems like there's enough "security" to run around giving people yellow warning tickets for throwing footballs...

there's even a Sheriffs station ON SITE...

maybe it's time to start having security monitoring tailgating, and not just chasing people who throw footballs in the grass.

either way, it doesn't sound like something that is going to be solved by bashing our fan base to the point that the national media picks up on it, and "anonymous sources" spreading rumors on a message board.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693

Here is my  :2cents (Again)

This was my first USF tailgating experience - I parked in the old Mall parking lot and from what I saw was a nice rowdy crowd... I and many other Bulls walked up to Kansas fans (there was about 25-30 of them in my area of the lot), shook hands, exchanged fan stories, and did not observe anyone not being respect-a-bull at all to the Jayhawks.

Heck I even gave a Kansas fan a ticket... for free - personally if I and the rest of the people in my lot were any more respect-a-Bull to the Jayhawks I would had got a cavity from all the sugary chit chat.

The only issues I observed was across the street near the frat areas, and 2 fist fights in the stands between Buc's and USF fans... now I'm not saying that everyone was being good, but from my observations I only witnessed maybe 3-4 aholes and they got arrested.

Of course I'm not counting the 100-200 or so r-tards that were chanting "Over Rated" to the Kansas fans as we were exiting Ray Jay... now I could understand if we blew them out and hated them, but since neither apply to the USF-KU game that was uncalled for.

Oh and the TSA's are worthless... they were trying to gouge people for an extra $30.00 to erect a tent, extra $40.00 to use a grill, and they basically went around trying to con people out of money instead of doing their jobs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Forgive me if this has been suggested already.  Didn't read through all 7 pages.  Instead of having CJL or whoever does the Respectabull bit at the start of the game, why not have Matt do a quick 10 or 15 seconds asking fans to not mistreat the visiting fans.  Might have a bit more impact than Coach?  And then actually play it loud enough so that it can be heard.  At the Kansas game I could barely hear what was being said in the Respectabull spot.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We are simply trying to get the message out that there was behavior at the game that will not be tolerated, or should not be tolerated. 

If you are already part of the solution, thank you.  There is no need to argue over every thing else.  The reputation of USF IS being damaged.  USF IS being compared to UCF.  It IS ALREADY impacting our ability to schedule future games.

It's a fact.  Deal with it.  Shooting the messenger doesn't solve the problem.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Forgive me if this has been suggested already.  Didn't read through all 7 pages.  Instead of having CJL or whoever does the Respectabull bit at the start of the game, why not have Matt do a quick 10 or 15 seconds asking fans to not mistreat the visiting fans.  Might have a bit more impact than Coach?  And then actually play it loud enough so that it can be heard.  At the Kansas game I could barely hear what was being said in the Respectabull spot.

I like where you are going Ricky... that is a good idea...

it is a step in the right direction.  :)

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

We are simply trying to get the message out that there was behavior at the game that will not be tolerated, or should not be tolerated. 

If you are already part of the solution, thank you.  There is no need to argue over every thing else.  The reputation of USF IS being damaged.  USF IS being compared to UCF.  It IS ALREADY impacting our ability to schedule future games.

It's a fact.  Deal with it.  Shooting the messenger doesn't solve the problem.

Data and Velcro - I think you know from previous posts that I am on your side, and you are simply relating a message, however....

If so many people are saying that they did not see all this outrageous behavior, then can somebody explain exactly what DID happen???

I sit in the donor areas and tailgate in the donor lots and saw nothing.  Again, I am not saying it didn't happen.

I am not asking to know who your source is, but you have to understand... If someone tells you "trust me it happened" and "I cant't tell you who told me"  wouldn't you be a little skeptical?

Bottom line - What happened that was so outrageous that, as you say, it is affecting our ability to schedule?

• Content Count:  1,037

What Matt saw had to have happened in the southeast corner of the stadium. What's interesting is the seat location of some of those dogging him about this ...

And I'm not sure this was a case of Matt going to the media. It was probably in response to a question about fan behavior and I guess some would prefer he just lie.

ding ding!!!  we have a winner...... people just need to shut up and enjoy bulls football...crap.....everybody gets on here and bitches about ucf and how they are but those same people are the ones doing it at our games...freaking grow up... have fun.......hell tell them there team sucks I dont care but all the nasty dirty personal stuff is uncalled for.....this is directed at a select few...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

• Content Count:  5,244

It IS ALREADY impacting our ability to schedule future games.

It's a fact.  Deal with it. 

then source it.

tell me what teams have refused to schedule us in the 5 days since the Kansas game because of the "abuse" at that game.

if it's a "fact," PROVIDE SOME FACTS.

anonymous hair-on-fire rumor mongering does not make it a "fact."

• Content Count:  2,307

He can't name the source because that person asked not to be named.  And yes, I know know that sounds funny but....

He's not lying.

Man, people need to stop fighting against each other on here, we're all here for the same thing.  The fact is we're all angry at how our school and fans are being portrayed.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It IS ALREADY impacting our ability to schedule future games.

It's a fact.  Deal with it. 

then source it.

tell me what teams have refused to schedule us in the 5 days since the Kansas game because of the "abuse" at that game.

if it's a "fact," PROVIDE SOME FACTS.

anonymous hair-on-fire rumor mongering does not make it a "fact."

It WILL be sourced as soon as it can... until then just ignore this thread if you've got a problem with it.  Geez.  The message is legitimate even if you think it is just a rumor.  ::)

Archived