• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Matt calls it like he sees it - Fan Behavior

SANJAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

oh, and if Mr. Matt "Knight in Shining Armor" Grothe was so offended by the treatment of KU cheerleaders, why didn't he approach one of the numerous state troopers on the field and report that fan immediately and attempt to have them removed?

why did he instead choose to do nothing, and then wait to flap his gums to THE MEDIA--- of all unfriendly people--- after the fact?

Matt needs to learn to put a sock in it when talking to the press.  the media isn't his friend.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yep, players talking to the media about what the fans were saying to the cheerleaders BEFORE the toughest home game of the season is NOT a good idea.

• Content Count:  936

• Content Count:  4,738

to think that this problem is going to be "solved for us" by "anonymous" people "close to the athletic department" spreading rumors on an internet message board is just asinine... especially when virtually everybody on this forum is already on-board with the "Respect-A-Bull" campaign.

if that's how USF Athletics thinks they're going to "solve" the problem, then they are failing miserably.

this is the most annoying and ridiculous.  Somebody here claims they know what happened, but it was so bad, that we at the bullspen do not have the ability to use our own judgement.  So this person, like a kindergarten teacher, tell us "I know what happened, but it was so bad, I cant tell you."

Pfffssht.

Get out of here with that garbage.

If you want people who care to know how bad the problem is, let us know.

It's real simple: Either solve the problem yourself, or the problem will be solved for you and you probably won't like how it's done.

Uh, it's called security...they are at every game...

exactly.

this is less an issue of what USF Athletics needs to do [they have already started the "Be Respect-a-Bull" campaign], and more an issue of TSA enforcement.

if there are people fighting in the stands, physically threatening others in the stands, being verbally abusive in the stands, the victims of these actions need to notify TSA immediately and TSA needs to do its job.

to think that this problem is going to be "solved for us" by "anonymous" people "close to the athletic department" spreading rumors on an internet message board is just asinine... especially when virtually everybody on this forum is already on-board with the "Respect-A-Bull" campaign.

if that's how USF Athletics thinks they're going to "solve" the problem, then they are failing miserably.

all they--- and the chicken littles on this forum screeching and howling about how bad we are because of a few bad apples--- are doing is fueling media gossip that ALL our fans are abuse, when in reality it is a fraction >1% that are bad apples.

it's time to calm down and stop badmouthing our fans.  by blowing this out of proportion u are CONTRIBUTING to the problem by exaggerating our negative image.  u are not solving it.

Bully,

The biggest problem is not inside the stadium... it's outside. Where TSA doesn't have security.  You are right about problems in the stands... but how do you correct problems with tailgaters ??

Simple: limit tailgating.  Imagine having Miami here for a night game and the lots not opening until, say, 4:00pm again... or even 5:00pm.  Yes, that would be drastic and kill a lot of people's fun...

But it happens all the time: try taking a bottle of water through airport security these days.  Just because some guys in England were planning to disguise bombs as sports drinks, now mothers have to prove their breast milk is drinkable.

So... we have a choice: we all need to become "police" and do what we can to stop this kind of behavior, from the moment we get to the parking lots until we leave in our cars.... or our lack of effort (collectively) will result in decisions being forced on us because USF and TSA will have no other choice.

• Content Count:  2,307

Great, now ESPN is reporting it.  This is ridiculous.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

What Matt saw had to have happened in the southeast corner of the stadium. What's interesting is the seat location of some of those dogging him about this ...

And I'm not sure this was a case of Matt going to the media. It was probably in response to a question about fan behavior and I guess some would prefer he just lie.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Great, now ESPN is reporting it.  This is ridiculous.

Yup... our reputation is going through the garbage and people are on here whining that I am trying to spread a message from athletics complaining about my source... you will see soon enough, so I will bite my tongue for a few days.  ::) 

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks for your support, BigBully. 

STFU and kill the ad-hominem.

i have stated REPEATEDLY that i am on board with the Respect-A-Bull campaign, and went out of my way to be nice and chat up Kansas fans in the stands, in concession lines and after the game walking out of the stadium and in the parking lot.  when Bulls fans were walking down the ramps and started BOOing the Kansas fans who blended in with us, i actually stopped them by yelling "GOOD GAME!  GOOD GAME!"

just because i'm not buying into the hair-on-fire "anonymous" internet rumor mongering of you and Velcro and all the other people that won't stop pissing and moaning until we are saccarine sweet and resemble your mythologized, whitewashed, idealized version of Auburn fans doesn't mean i'm not supporting the Respect-A-Bull campaign...

and i won't have you taking cheap shots by trying to portray me as a non-supporter, or part of the problem.

THERE ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE A FEW BAD APPLES AT SPORTING EVENTS.

THERE ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE BITTER FANS OF LOSING TEAMS THAT COMPLAIN BECAUSE HOST FANS DIDN'T ROLL OUT THE RED CARPET AND WIPE THEIR ASS WITH GOLD FOIL TOILET PAPER.

the problem here isn't people who aren't supportive, it's people who take SECOND-HAND ACCOUNTS of ISOLATED INCIDENTS and blow it up into a huge scandal to the point that the local and national media start talking about it.

STOP adding fuel to the fire with your "anonymous" internet rumor mongering.  YOU are hurting the program.

Archived