• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Matt calls it like he sees it - Fan Behavior

SANJAY

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

It IS ALREADY impacting our ability to schedule future games.

It's a fact.  Deal with it. 

then source it.

tell me what teams have refused to schedule us in the 5 days since the Kansas game because of the "abuse" at that game.

if it's a "fact," PROVIDE SOME FACTS.

anonymous hair-on-fire rumor mongering does not make it a "fact."

Would it matter to you if someone did officially come out and say that the reported incidents for this game were above the norm and conversations have taken place about this possibly hampering future scheduling of programs like KU?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

then source it.

tell me what teams have refused to schedule us in the 5 days since the Kansas game because of the "abuse" at that game.

It WILL be sourced as soon as it can... until then just ignore this thread if you've got a problem with it.  Geez.  The message is legitimate even if you think it is just a rumor.  ::)

then tell us what scheduling was affected by the game 5 days ago. who has refused to schedule us?  no need to name the source.

or maybe instead of blathering about anonymous sources on a message board whose members are NOT the problem, hold off on your rumor mongering and wait until there is actually something of substance to report.

simple.

we here on BullsPen are NOT the people that need to be "warned" or "reminded" to behave.

90% of fans at Bulls games do not read this forum.  what good does anonymous rumor mongering do here, other than overexaggerate the problem?

whatever "anonymous" yambo that thinks spreading these types of rumors on a message board is going to solve the problem probably doesn't know what he's doing in the first place.  he's hurting the program, not helping it.

then source it.

Would it matter to you if someone did officially come out and say that the reported incidents for this game were above the norm and conversations have taken place about this possibly hampering future scheduling of programs like KU?

i would have to see the information myself and make a decision about it.

that's what responsible, educated people do.

ding ding!!!  we have a winner...... people just need to shut up and enjoy bulls football...crap.....everybody gets on here and bitches about ucf and how they are but those same people are the ones doing it at our games...freaking grow up... have fun.......hell tell them there team sucks I dont care but all the nasty dirty personal stuff is uncalled for.....this is directed at a select few...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

Matt going to the media only contributed to the mud thrown on our program.

Awesome.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

We are simply trying to get the message out that there was behavior at the game that will not be tolerated, or should not be tolerated. 

If you are already part of the solution, thank you.  There is no need to argue over every thing else.  The reputation of USF IS being damaged.  USF IS being compared to UCF.  It IS ALREADY impacting our ability to schedule future games.

It's a fact.  Deal with it.  Shooting the messenger doesn't solve the problem.

Data and Velcro - I think you know from previous posts that I am on your side, and you are simply relating a message, however....

If so many people are saying that they did not see all this outrageous behavior, then can somebody explain exactly what DID happen???

I sit in the donor areas and tailgate in the donor lots and saw nothing.  Again, I am not saying it didn't happen.

I am not asking to know who your source is, but you have to understand... If someone tells you "trust me it happened" and "I cant't tell you who told me"  wouldn't you be a little skeptical?

Bottom line - What happened that was so outrageous that, as you say, it is affecting our ability to schedule?

I understand the skeptism (just not the vitriol that a couple are displaying)...

The problem is that we have been asked to not divulge that specific information on this public forum until a something formal can be written up (which you will likely see soon), but to spread the word about being respectabull and try to stress how negative press like this can affect scheduling. 

Athletics wants to address this in the most appropriate way possible, and that means being very careful of not divulging too much on the wrong type of medium.  Some people can't/won't accept that, but they can whine and complain and nothing will change.  When the details are released, it'll make sense... but in the mean time, i will continue to play the bad guy (at least to those folks) and I'm fine with that. 

I know the level-headed people on here at least understand that not every piece of info can be released when they want it. 

We appreciate the "want to know" sentiment of people, and all I can say is that when I promise to spread the message and not reveal the source of the message until they can come up with something formal, that is what I am going to do.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

then source it.

It WILL be sourced as soon as it can... until then just ignore this thread if you've got a problem with it.  Geez.  The message is legitimate even if you think it is just a rumor.  ::)

then tell us what scheduling was affected by the game 5 days ago. who has refused to schedule us?  no need to name the source.

or maybe instead of blathering about anonymous sources on a message board whose members are NOT the problem, hold off on your rumor mongering and wait until there is actually something of substance to report.

simple.

we here on BullsPen are NOT the people that need to be "warned" or "reminded" to behave.

90% of fans at Bulls games do not read this forum.  what good does anonymous rumor mongering do here, other than overexaggerate the problem?

whatever "anonymous" yambo that thinks spreading these types of rumors on a message board is going to solve the problem probably doesn't know what he's doing in the first place.  he's hurting the program, not helping it.

Go back and look at JimUSFSig's post a couple pages back... that'll give you some of the info on the scheduling issue.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

ding ding!!!  we have a winner...... people just need to shut up and enjoy bulls football...crap.....everybody gets on here and bitches about ucf and how they are but those same people are the ones doing it at our games...freaking grow up... have fun.......hell tell them there team sucks I dont care but all the nasty dirty personal stuff is uncalled for.....this is directed at a select few...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

Awesome.

He didn't GO to the media .....

****, Bully, were the guys yelling at the cheerleaders part of your group or something? You appear to have no problem with that happening ...

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Awesome.

****, Bully, were the guys yelling at the cheerleaders part of your group or something? You appear to have no problem with that happening ...

I honestly think that the people on here don't understand that Matt doesn't just walk up to Greg/Brett, say "take out your recorder, I've got a quote for you", and then proceed to tell them something to put in the paper. Seriously, Matt was probably asked something like..."It has been rumored that there was a rough crowd on Friday night, did you see anything, or hear anything about it?"

Just like MG wasn't sitting there one day and saying..."geez, I know you just asked me about the game this week, but I have been thinking, football players should be paid"...or the whole 'running up the score' on UCF thing.

All of MGs quotes are coming as responses to questions he is asked. If you will notice, most of the ones that "get him in trouble" are non-football related and seem to come from the Tampa Trib. You can read between the lines on that.

Awesome.

I honestly think that the people on here don't understand that Matt doesn't just walk up to Greg/Brett, say "take out your recorder, I've got a quote for you", and then proceed to tell them something to put in the paper. Seriously, Matt was probably asked something like..."It has been rumored that there was a rough crowd on Friday night, did you see anything, or hear anything about it?"

Just like MG wasn't sitting there one day and saying..."geez, I know you just asked me about the game this week, but I have been thinking, football players should be paid"...or the whole 'running up the score' on UCF thing.

All of MGs quotes are coming as responses to questions he is asked. If you will notice, most of the ones that "get him in trouble" are non-football related and seem to come from the Tampa Trib. You can read between the lines on that.

the fact that the media asked him questions doesn't obligate him to answer them with whatever shpiel spills from his mouth.

he could have easily said "yeah, there were some fans that were a little too excited, but nothing out of the ordinary for a college football game."

instead, he chose to add fuel to the fire by spouting off in detail about what ONE isolated d-bag was yelling at the cheerleaders.

but according to the apologists and chicken littles here, Matt should answer any and all questions in detail...

REPORTER: "hey Matt, have you ever smoked a doobie?"

MATT: "yes, all the time.  not only do i light up after every big game, but i make sure to go to GNC and buy drinks to clear my system before every drug test."

DUHHHH.

the fact that someone ASKED him doesn't mean he should run his mouth about it.  there is a middle ground between spouting off, and giving a reasonable, but restrained answer.

and if that idiot was repeatedly harassing the cheerleaders during warmups, why didn't he pull one of those troopers aside and point the guy out?

i guess Matt wasn't THAT much of a hero, because he would rather wait until AFTER the game where he can complain to the media after the fact rather than tell someone who can DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT while it's happening.

Archived