• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is Leavitt the one to win us a National Championship?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

It's way too early -- in the season and in USF's football history -- to even be pondering this question.

But if anyone can do it, Jim Leavitt's the man.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  971

Leave it all to Leavitt.  We are all becoming much too greedy around here.  When the program began 12 years ago, did any of you think we'd be where we are today?  I didn't.  I'm amazed, appreciative, and proud of what has been accomplished.  As long as we're generally headed in the right direction, I'm satisfied.  Of course, there are those on this board who wouldn't be satisified with a national championhip . . . they would want five in a row with a few Heisman trophies thrown in for good measure. 

• Content Count:  849

Not until he gets rid of Gregory and brings in a top-flight Offensive Coordinator.

You guys are ridiculous. Grant Gregory didn't make Grothe throw the ball directly to a UCF defender twice! Those 2 picks led directly to 2 UCF TDs.  Gregory didn't make the WR's drop passes. We rolled 500+ yards of total offense for the second consecutive week despite not having our top 2 RBs. USF had their most prolific offense in school history last season and is already been lighting up the stats this year as well. Do you also think that maybe just maybe the playbook was maybe half open considering that oh-I-don't-know the #11th ranked team (Coach's poll) in the country is coming to our house this Friday before an exclusively national audience (All eyes will be on us). Just maybe we only wanted to give them the bare minimum of film to gameplan for us. Also UCF played their best game ever against us while we just went through the motions and we still beat them.

Bottom line is that the players did not execute on special teams, why don't you get mad at Houston Hess,Kenneth Luberice or Cha Cha Sinclair (just using an example, not singling these guys out) for not making sound tackles against Joe Burnett because he was the only reason they were in that game.

There are a lot of short-sighted posts on this message board.

• Content Count:  5,691

Also, it wasn't Dungy's team that won, Dungy had built the defense, the offense was all about Gruden.

It absolutely was Dungy's team. Just Gruden's playcalling and aggression. Don't believe me? Tell me the last time the Bucs came close to a Superbowl berth since Gruden traded away all of the players that Dungy had put together......

Dungy's team but gruden tweeked the offense including bringing in jurivicious and pittman who were both pivotal in the playoffs and sb

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

Not until he gets rid of Gregory and brings in a top-flight Offensive Coordinator.

You guys are ridiculous. Grant Gregory didn't make Grothe throw the ball directly to a UCF defender twice! Those 2 picks led directly to 2 UCF TDs.  Gregory didn't make the WR's drop passes. We rolled 500+ yards of total offense for the second consecutive week despite not having our top 2 RBs. USF had their most prolific offense in school history last season and is already been lighting up the stats this year as well. Do you also think that maybe just maybe the playbook was maybe half open considering that oh-I-don't-know the #11th ranked team (Coach's poll) in the country is coming to our house this Friday before an exclusively national audience (All eyes will be on us). Just maybe we only wanted to give them the bare minimum of film to gameplan for us. Also UCF played their best game ever against us while we just went through the motions and we still beat them.

Bottom line is that the players did not execute on special teams, why don't you get mad at Houston Hess,Kenneth Luberice or Cha Cha Sinclair (just using an example, not singling these guys out) for not making sound tackles against Joe Burnett because he was the only reason they were in that game.

There are a lot of short-sighted posts on this message board.

I think the people here are questioning the play call of a pass when many believe we should have been using up the clock and making UCiF burn timeouts.  The interception obviously wasn't Gregory's fault.  But even an incomplete pass there was a bad play considering the clock situation.

• Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

RSSMOOTH - bingo!

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

If we ever have a chance winning the NC with Leavitt, he needs to keep Burnham as our DC. He makes our defense tick. I agree, we need a new OC. Gregory cant seem to come up with any other plays besides the six that he runs.

• Content Count:  6,928

Is Leavitt the one to win us a National Championship?

YES

That is why he is here. I think that the Big East allows the easiest road to the BCS & Natl Championship game.

USF is in the recruiting hotbed known as Florida.

As long as CJL thinks he can win a NC here he will be here.

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

ive talked to several players on this years team that wonder why they always practice extravagant plays, and plays that really open up the playbook in practice, when they KNOW in a game gregory is always scared to pull the trigger on anything other than the SIX plays they actually run.  it just seem like he doesnt have the balls to be anything other than extremely predictable in a gametime situation.  i dont see our current offense being enough down the stretch against better opponents.  our defense can only do so much.

Archived