• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is Leavitt the one to win us a National Championship?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

it's a snowball effect with recruiting in college football.  once you win the big stuff like a conference championship and a BCS bowl game, then the recruits line up at the door.  from there, it'll be easier to repeat because of more and more talent.

CJL can be the one to win it all, but it's going to take some time until we win a conference championship and a BCS bowl game.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Penalties so far have been alot better it seems, hopefully it stays that way. Something that CJL's teams

seem to always have problems with.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Then again, the 'Ol Ball Coach will be availabe soon.  I'm sure he'd love to get his hands back on the talent pool in Florida.

I just can't wait to see the responses to that line.   >:D

Season tickets would sell out about half a day after that annoucement, but I would be returning mine.

I am a big fan of Leavitt.  He has far exceeded even the most optimistic expectations when he started.  I am not sure why we are questioning the guy when the team is 2-0.  I honestly thought we would beat UCF 24 - 17 going into yesterday.  They are at home and wanted that game more than anything on their schedule, i would say even more than another C-USA championship. 

If we role Kansas then all of a sudden we will have a bunch of threads popping up about good hotels for the national championship game in Miami.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Also, it wasn't Dungy's team that won, Dungy had built the defense, the offense was all about Gruden.

It absolutely was Dungy's team. Just Gruden's playcalling and aggression. Don't believe me? Tell me the last time the Bucs came close to a Superbowl berth since Gruden traded away all of the players that Dungy had put together......

P.S. Leavitt is the reason this football team exists, wins, and puts our school on the map. He's not perfect, nobody is, but if there was one guy in the nation coaching college football right now that I'd want coaching our team, he's proven time and time again that he's the one you want. Just look at every other program younger than 50 years. None of them have come close to the success and timing of success that ours has. He'll learn from his mistakes just like everyone else. And he'll win us a National Championship some day soon.

• Content Count:  2,523

Absolutely as long as he hires a special teams ace.

Seriously, look at our losses over the years.  PISS POOR special teams had a HUGE impact on every one of those games whether it was giving up big returns all game long, missing FGs, having them blocked, falling for trick plays in OBVIOUS situations etc.  All of which are MOMENTUM shifters if not outright lead changers in close games.  Things no team can usually withstand unless they significantly out talent the opponent which we are not able to do at this point and time.

• Content Count:  2,523

As for the bucs, we got the perfect storm to fall our way for the Super Bowl.  Dungy's Defense at its peak plus Gruden putting JUST ENOUGH of an improvement on offense to get Ws where Dungy fell short and then how much more of an advantage can you ask for when your HC is RUNNING AS THE OPPOSING TEAM'S QB AND SHOWING YOU EVERY PLAY IN THEIR PLAY BOOK?

The Bucs couldn't have had more thing fall their way than they did that year and for that I'm grateful!  But no way the Bucs would've won with Dungy, if not for him having NO CONTROL over the offense in Indy, Indy wouldn't have won theirs.  In fact, I suggest that Indy should actually have at least one more title but Dungy held them back by "resting players", thus screwing over that offense in the playoffs as that's the last thing that offense needed being built solely on timing and execution.

Dungy is a great guy who can give you a "solid" team, but he's not a "finisher" as his conservative, calm nature works against him in situations where you need a little something extra to decide the outcome...

• Content Count:  993

Sure he could be the one, but he still has things to improve upon too.  Winning a NC is really, really hard.  

Spurrier won't ever be here.  He is almost seventy and isn't going to start over with another team.  

Archived