• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's Bowl this year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Well we will get ANOTHER chance to change that perception or continue to feed it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

part of the problem is the team we play.  you arent going to get too many people excited about playing Houston in a bowl game.  Bowl games are supposed to be against one of the best teams you've played all season, not one of the worst.

if we play an ACC, SEC, Big 12, Big 10, PAC-10 team you would see a good turnout.  But those teams in C-USA arent going to get too many people excited.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

Well we will get ANOTHER chance to change that perception or continue to feed it.

seems you are doing a pretty good job of promoting that opinion on your own

perhaps you should stop regurgitating this line of BS is what I'm saying.

you are only contributing to the problem

I feel we have traveled very well  to our first two bowl games all things considered. If you want to disagree-- fine. But please don't tell me my fanbase is ugly-- just keep that type of **** to yourself

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Does anyone know what bowl reps were at the Louisville game??

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Mike don't get so defensive, in the general national point of view we haven't traveled well.

That doesn't mean we are lackluster, it just means we don't have a large rabid ready-to-travel fanbase yet.

I'll tell you the reason why they don't look at avg. attendance. It's misleading. Most of our 50000+ avg was bandwagon and bowl know bandwagon fans aren't the ones paying hundreds to go to a bowl game.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

All of our fans need to realize that Bowls wil choose teams with traveling support.

So yes I will be dissapointed if we get sent to Bham again BUT everyone needs to realize that if you CHOOSE not to go and support your team there then you are making sure that USF will NOT get chosen for bigger bowls in future.

You want the Gator or Sun or even Meineke to invite us when we miss out on BCS? Then you better get your butts out to any bowl game otherwise we will be chosen by the last choice bowl every year and even when we might be in top 14 and BCS eligible we might not get in.

So stop ******** about locations and go and support your team.

Can you give my wife and I $1200 for plane tickets to Canada plus room and board to go, because I certainly cant afford that.  Maybe a 3 or 4 hundred for the drives to the others, but I can't make toronto.  And yes I will ***** about it, so shut up.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Days Won:  3

And remember, sports fans...it's a marketing gig!

I know we're s'posed to be thankful for any bowl (given that 1/2 of all NCAA IA schools play in bowl games, 6-6 record being all some need), but let's be honest. There is a measure of segregation.

Just look at how the pseudo fan base disappeared after the Traumatic Three. I'm just saying that there exists a core of fans who will go to any bowl game they can. And there's others who are less than enthusiastic about playing a CUSA team. One of the perks of being a BCS team is playing BCS teams.

How do you pitch what a great and wonderful and magnificent opportunity playing UTEP in Birmingham is, when the season has been laden with BCS related expectations? It's tough. And people are not going to part with discretionary income and time for altruistic reasons.

On a related note: http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=42047.0

Remember...this board is simply a vocal minority of fans. Although our season ticket base is +20K, up X% from last year, that doesn't necessarily mean that the travel contingent has increased by that proportion as well.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

This seems to be a case of preaching to the choir...

I wouldn't say that alot of people here have been saying that if we go to the PapaJohns.com bowl they are not going

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I live in miami, so passing out flyers on campus is out of my reach. So message boards and talking to alumni in this area is the best I can do.

Our school needs to be more pro-active in taking early bowl deposits etc.

Cincy has started that and according to some message boards it has caught the eyes of the Meineke Bowl. What do we have to show bowl reps except our lackluster support last two bowls?

53,000 Second home attendance in the BEAST.  That says ALOT!

Archived