• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's Bowl this year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,494
  • Days Won:  13

I think adults should have the money to do these trips (minus Toronto maybe), i'm a college student I honestly can't.

I have the money, will go where ever we are unless it is Toronto. I will not pay 1500 bucks for 2 to play a MAC team.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I think adults should have the money to do these trips (minus Toronto maybe), i'm a college student I honestly can't.

Son,

1500 bucks (Toronto or El Paso for 2), that is most if not all middle class citizens mortgage.  You don't drop 1500 like that like it is nothing.  Remember no football game is worth your house.  Other schools have rabid fan bases all around, over, and through the country - therefore not all of there "traveling fans" have to actually travel that far.  USF unfortunately, MOST of their rabid fans are right here in FLA.  One day, we will have rabidity throughout the nation also.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I like that...our quest for "rabidity."  :)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,494
  • Days Won:  13

Son,

1500 bucks (Toronto or El Paso for 2), that is most if not all middle class citizens mortgage.  You don't drop 1500 like that like it is nothing.  Remember no football game is worth your house.  Other schools have rabid fan bases all around, over, and through the country - therefore not all of there "traveling fans" have to actually travel that far.  USF unfortunately, MOST of their rabid fans are right here in FLA.  One day, we will have rabidity throughout the nation also.

If it were the Gators he would be on the first plane out.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Airline ticket:  $ 550

Hotel:  $ 295

Food:  $  125

Achohol:  $ 225

Not knowing where your hotel is - walking around the bar asking "Do U know where the hotel is for this room key ?" PRICELESS

True story - happened to our group two years ago in Charlotte - I was lost elsewhere.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah I would go to a bowl out of state ummmm wait I have to feed my two year old first. Anyone want to donnate money so I can go to the bowl game?

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

What is the deal with people complaining about having to go to Birmingham?  Yeah, the place sucks.  The game will most likely suck (if you call watching a Bulls blowout sucking), but the game is relatively close for most USF fans, it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg, and, most importantly, IT'S THE BULLS' LAST GAME FOR 9 MONTHS!  I can see people not being able to go to Toronto b/c it will cost money, but I just don't understand the logic behind not going to Birmingham just b/c it's in Birmingham or b/c of the team we play. 

To quote the ESPN commercial:  "Does your fanhood need questioning?"

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What is the deal with people complaining about having to go to Birmingham?  Yeah, the place sucks.  The game will most likely suck (if you call watching a Bulls blowout sucking), but the game is relatively close for most USF fans, it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg, and, most importantly, IT'S THE BULLS' LAST GAME FOR 9 MONTHS!  I can see people not being able to go to Toronto b/c it will cost money, but I just don't understand the logic behind not going to Birmingham just b/c it's in Birmingham or b/c of the team we play. 

To quote the ESPN commercial:  "Does your fanhood need questioning?"

I for one was talking El Paso and Toronto.  Those will get pricey.  Jax, Birm, MCC, Orange - I am there.  Rose, Fiesta, Sugar, NCG - gotta take out a loan.  El Paso/Toronto - not this decade for me.  In ten years that will be a drop in the bucket (hopefully) and won't matter.  Today, we can't make it!  I'll be watching those 2 in the living room.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Days Won:  3

... It's a very costly proposition for some and those are the fans that the bowl committee is looking for.   Economic impact.  No offense, but an evil SUV full of students is not what the bowl selection committees are targeting in my humble opinion.

Weeeellll...I'd say you're right. And the committees are aware of what they're doing. I'm guessing that, taking PJs for example, they are fully aware that of the level of interest their bowl garners. They are fully aware that the travel contingent would be larger if the bowl were 'upper tier'.

Maybe USFs accelerated success has turned a portion of us into snobs (too good for that bowl), and then again, it could be that it will take several generations to build the traveling fans suffering from acute 'rabidity'. Face it, if the bulk of our fans are only going to attend a game that is within driving distance, that will get noticed. And, just being honest, it's like Brad said:  the bowls are looking for people who can part with some scratch.   

Commitee Logic: If you have to ask how much it costs...you shouldn't be shopping here. 8)

• Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

UCONN, and UC do not "travel" well.  Shoot UC does not even attend home games well (Remember all those empties in the game last year vs. us?).  They have not even been packing their stadium this year (a great one by their standards) 

One thing Cincinnati did that I really wish USF had done was that they started taking orders for bowl tickets very early on (when they were hot).  They pre-sold over 5,000 tickets to a bowl game (regardless of location) and have been telling everybody and anybody about it.  That kind of commitment (and those $$$) talk.  

In truth, the minute we beat West Virginia, we should have started with our bowl pitch.  We would have had people getting in early to make sure they didn't miss out if we'd gone to a BCS bowl.  The week we were #2 we would have sold 5,000 tickets alone because of the chance that those would have guaranteed seats to the national championship game had we made it.  We would then have ticket sales sitting in our pockets and would be going to whatever bowl we wanted at this time.

USFFan

Archived