• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How confident is the average Bull that the Mountaineers will go down?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I am just curious about which offense you were watching against Auburn? I think it will take exactly that offense from us to win this game. If Alvarado make all of his kicks, we score 32 in regulation, I would take it any day of the week with our defense.

If you are talking about our no-turnover-control-the-clock offense, I also think that is what we are going to need to do.

Watch out for Mike Ford. He may have looked tired against AU, but when you are moving piles of All-American DTs, DEs and LBs, it is going to wear you out. I was at the game, not sure if you could see it on TV, but Ford was only in on running plays that went to him, so in the second half, they were keying on him pretty big. Late in the fourth, he and Groves went head on, and neither really blew the other away. Thats an All-American DE going up against a freshman RB that hasn't played in a year. I'll take it.

This is going to be a great game, our defense is going to have to prove that we are number 7 in the nation if we are going to win this one. Our offense will need to control the clock and not turn the ball over. Alvarado will need to be on his game like he was on Saturday. I would say there is a little more margin of error for WVU, but that's why you are No. 5 and we are No. 18 right?

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't say that I'm confident that we will beat WV.  What I would say is that I am extremely confident that we CAN beat WV.  Whether or not we DO win will have a lot to do with how the game plays out.  That's why I love football.  If we show up with our A game, then it will be a good game and we will have a great chance of winning.  If we come out with a lesser game (see Elon) then it will be over quickly.

Go bulls!

• Content Count:  21,053
  • Days Won:  38

I am confident that either team can win because they are both good teams.  Honestly the If you think the Bulls can't beat WVU, you are wrong and hopefully your team doesn't feel the same way you do or they will get a little surprise on Friday.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

WVU's defense sucks.

WVU's offense is excellent.

If we score 35 or more, I think we win for sure.

Did I mention WVU's defense sucks?

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

what kind of question is this?  you are on a USF fan message board, of course we will be confident.

if you want specific reasons i would say that your biggest strength is your speed on offense.  we will be the fasted defense that you will play this year and we think that we can contain your offense enough to give us a good chance at having more points then you when the game is over.

our offense hasnt played their best football yet and the crowd will be the loudest it has ever been here in tampa.

i dont think any of our fans are at the point that we think we are going to show up and walk all over WVU by 40 points or anything.  but without question we believe that we belong on the same field.  if we can force pat white to beat us with his arm then we can force him to make some mistakes and let our ball hawking DBs get some turnovers.

Pat White is god, he wont make many mistakes.. i watched every second of the USF-Aurburn game and it was hard to watch.. your defense is simply amazing, but if your offense plays like they did against Auburn, you wont have a chance.. also the reason why it was so hard to watch was because of your kicker... is he doin better now?  that had to be the worst performance by a kicker i have ever seen!! it sucked you guys had trouble getting in the endzone.. also Mike Ford didnt look to be in shape, 40 seconds in the game and it looked like he was exhausted.. i hope he is still out of shape because i know that he is a BEAST

I truly don't think you can compare WVU defense to Auburn defense. And as for Pat White limping around. USF made him limped. Can Pat White and Co. simulate the speed on the bulls defense? This will be a great game. Go Bulls!

Yeah i dont know why you brought this up but how about how our offense did against UNC??

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

We beat Georgia, not Florida, but close enough it was still the SEC champs.. its gonna be a great atmosphere and it will be interesting to see how USF will react with a stadium full of people (actually cheering for them!!) lol.. i cant wait for kickoff

Now that is funny - you are right !  We have never had a full house "Cheering" for us at RayJay.  We will this Friday.

• Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Thye reason we will take down WVA is a simple fact....You guys have Rod Smith!!! ;D      Reaper

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I think USF will win because Pat white is can't run for squat.  And you tailback is garbage...

There you got what you wanted WestVaSteelers, an idiotic response to a simple question that you can't comprehend the real answers to. So, here's one you can finally respond to.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Thye reason we will take down WVA is a simple fact....You guys have Rod Smith!!! ;D      Reaper

Yeah, our defense will never bite on the 4th and goal on the 1 when you run the quadruple reverse flea-flicker lateral end-around HB option pass.

Archived