• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How confident is the average Bull that the Mountaineers will go down?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

Let's see, we beat you guys in Morgantown last year.  Why wouldn't we think we can beat you?  Have you forgotten about this game?  I'm sure Pat White hasn't forgotten.   I realize its a different year, but I hope all the Mountaineer fans aren't this dumb.

last year you came to Touchdown City when we were all beat up.. pat white was limping around the whole game and steve had a leg injury and his bad wrists.. this year we are healthy and we are way way more explosive.. we got a lot of new talent and our defense is begining to come around.. you will see a completely different team this year

i think it will be close, dont get me wrong

We turned Touchdown City into Field Goal City.................And we had a Walk On Running Back and a RS Freshman QB.....................you know what, we still beat you.  We here at USF don't make excuses when we lose.  But its been a while since it happened.  Oh yeah, it was before the last time we beat you guys.  

im not making excuses.. im just sayin that we are healthy and better.. however if you guys beat us this year, there will be no excuses because we are ready to play

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

We can beat WVU, it depends on how well we play.  You just don't show up and beat WVU, you have to earn it.  But also, you just don't show up and beat USF.  Our Defense doesn't allow it.  It too has to be earned.  Like most games it will come down to turnovers and limiting big plays out of WVU.  If we make you go the distance from the 20, its our game to win.  If you get a few cheap long TDs, than it will be a different story.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Let me ask you a question, WestVASteelers.  Why do so many of the WVU board people think that nobody has the speed of WVU, nobody hits as hard as your team does, nobody has the discipline of them, the work ethic, on and on.  But that's nothing new.  

I remember the WVU fans were saying the same things quite a few years ago when you thought you were snubbed and would show the world by laying a beating on the Florida Gators in the Sugar Bowl.  Well, it is true that a beating was administered, but West Virginia was the team on the receiving end of that deal.

The plain and simple truth is we won last year, and we are a much better team now than we were then.  Add to that the facts that this game is a home game, where we traditionally play our best, that the stadium will be rocking and full for the first time - even admittedly with quite a few Mountaineer fans, that our players have really jelled as a team, and that most of us here are USF fans.  Why would we think otherwise?

Of course we may lose, but then again we may win.  One thing that I am sure of is we are not going to lay down without a fight.

Personally I wouldn't trade you our team and coach for yours, and I'm sure you wouldn't trade either.  That is the way it should be.  I hope it's a great game.

Go Bulls!

its gonna be a sweet game.. last year we barely knew who you guys were.. this year we respect you and we are extremely excited to get to play with you guys again.. we are not seeking revenge, we just want to show the country that we are the real deal.. offensively and defensively.. we have more than an awesome offense, we are not louisville

Let me ask you a question, WestVASteelers.  Why do so many of the WVU board people think that nobody has the speed of WVU, nobody hits as hard as your team does, nobody has the discipline of them, the work ethic, on and on.  But that's nothing new.  

I remember the WVU fans were saying the same things quite a few years ago when you thought you were snubbed and would show the world by laying a beating on the Florida Gators in the Sugar Bowl.  Well, it is true that a beating was administered, but West Virginia was the team on the receiving end of that deal.

The plain and simple truth is we won last year, and we are a much better team now than we were then.  Add to that the facts that this game is a home game, where we traditionally play our best, that the stadium will be rocking and full for the first time - even admittedly with quite a few Mountaineer fans, that our players have really jelled as a team, and that most of us here are USF fans.  Why would we think otherwise?

Of course we may lose, but then again we may win.  One thing that I am sure of is we are not going to lay down without a fight.

Personally I wouldn't trade you our team and coach for yours, and I'm sure you wouldn't trade either.  That is the way it should be.  I hope it's a great game.

Go Bulls!

We beat Georgia, not Florida, but close enough it was still the SEC champs.. its gonna be a great atmosphere and it will be interesting to see how USF will react with a stadium full of people (actually cheering for them!!) lol.. i cant wait for kickoff

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

what kind of question is this?  you are on a USF fan message board, of course we will be confident.

if you want specific reasons i would say that your biggest strength is your speed on offense.  we will be the fasted defense that you will play this year and we think that we can contain your offense enough to give us a good chance at having more points then you when the game is over.

our offense hasnt played their best football yet and the crowd will be the loudest it has ever been here in tampa.

i dont think any of our fans are at the point that we think we are going to show up and walk all over WVU by 40 points or anything.  but without question we believe that we belong on the same field.  if we can force pat white to beat us with his arm then we can force him to make some mistakes and let our ball hawking DBs get some turnovers.

Pat White is god, he wont make many mistakes.. i watched every second of the USF-Aurburn game and it was hard to watch.. your defense is simply amazing, but if your offense plays like they did against Auburn, you wont have a chance.. also the reason why it was so hard to watch was because of your kicker... is he doin better now?  that had to be the worst performance by a kicker i have ever seen!! it sucked you guys had trouble getting in the endzone.. also Mike Ford didnt look to be in shape, 40 seconds in the game and it looked like he was exhausted.. i hope he is still out of shape because i know that he is a BEAST

I truly don't think you can compare WVU defense to Auburn defense. And as for Pat White limping around. USF made him limped. Can Pat White and Co. simulate the speed on the bulls defense? This will be a great game. Go Bulls!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  158

I'm hopeful because a win Friday night would be such a big one for the program at this time.

I think we match up well on both sides of the ball. All signs lead to this being one of those knock down drag out fights to the last whistle. Do not listen to any fans on this site who say anything less than we respect the crap out of WVU. You guys have been the power of the conference for three years now and even though we beat you at home (a rarity) last year-- we still have to prove that wasn't some flash in the pan manuever. We will have to keep proving those things for the media and the voters and the experts.

I think this game will be VERY CLOSE. I'm hoping we edge you out in the end but even a close loss would not be a terrible thing. I want a good clean game with no injuries for either side. And I want the country to come away from this evening saying "wow-- the Big East plays some INTENSE FOOTBALL".

SO this isn't about being confident we will win as much as it is being confident we can win.

If you are coming down-- have a great time and for the love of god-- stay away from my couch (heh). Good luck.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Your defense may be improved, but most of us feel that Auburn was THE BEST defense we will face all season. So the fact that our night offensively against them was inconsistent, is not really a big surprise to most of us. Also, Alvarado probably had the worst night of his life kicking-wise. However, he made the field goal that meant the most, and I believe he's a better kicker for it (notice he drilled all 3 kicks against North Carolina (oops,thanks BDYZR)).

True you've added a new weapon or two on offense, but our defense has gotten better, and deeper since last season. Nate Allen has emerged as a ball-hawking, playmaking safety, and our linebackers (if possible) are arguably more athletic, maybe even better than they were last year.

Don't be surprised if this is another low-scoring game between us. I wouldn't expect to see more than 24-28 points scored on either side. The game could come down to special teams (where we have finally found some answers for the return teams, and punting game) and turnovers.

• Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

GoBulls84,  A Fruedian slip? Or, do you know something we don't?

Just kidding, I know you meant NC. 

As for the answer of being confident we can win?  HELL YEA!

Will we? I don't know, but, you can bet this will be one heck of an experience for the BULLS!

I think being in the Auburn game gives us a little bit better idea of what to expect.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  1,457

What makes you think you are going to take US down?

Archived