• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Prado accepts USF's job

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

The article doesn't say he was the only one interviewed.

There must be another article ............ surely all the ******** and moaning on this thread about him being the only interviewee couldn't have been solely based on the article posted here.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

DW's first big hire as AD, I am sure it will not be his last. Lets see  how it pans out. Prado has few yrs, but nothing less than a regional in  yr 2 (Give him a chance to get his recruits in) and a Super Regional shortly after that.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Joe's brought excellent points that few are rationalizing.  For many of the 'Johnny come lately' Bulls fans they see UL as this big cashcow program.  They fail to see that before Prado arrived UL baseball was abysmal, absolutely pitiful.  USF use to trounce them.  They never played on-campus, played at awful off-campus venues and had zero name recognition or recruiting clout.

Just the fact Prado made them competitive was big for UL.  I believe that with his strong local ties, good recruiting contacts, and coaching that it is a better fit for Prado in Tampa then Louisville.   Difficult to coach and win baseball in the north, that's almost an undeniable fact looking at where all the power lies in baseball.   But put together no tradition, no facilities and being in UL and that makes winning consistently almost impossible.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Not many people really give a flip about USF baseball.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

seriously, of all the candidates out there, we got someone with a just BARELY over a .500 record??

::)

His overall record is 567-397-2 certaintly not .500

He took a UL program that in the previous 10 years had only ONE season with a winning conference record.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

How do we know he is the only one interviewed?  Are we privy to everyone that was interviewed.   Maybe the only one that was offered the job.

This is a good hire for where we are as a program right now.  

Worried about his record at UL????  After he righted the ship a couple of years after he took over he only had 2 losing years and one was a rebuilding year after their best record ever.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

The article doesn't say he was the only one interviewed.

McMurphy's had an article yesterday saying he was the front runner...Plus, no one else had been mentioned as being interviewed...

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGBA32KLGOE.html

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

McMurphy's had an article yesterday saying he was the front runner...Plus, no one else had been mentioned as being interviewed...

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGBA32KLGOE.html

i think it is safe to assume that others were interviewed by the tone of eric soncrant's question.

whether or not they were face-to-face or phone is another story, but just because no one is mentioned in a reporter's article, doesn't mean no one was interviewed.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I think this is a good hire.  I vaugely remember when Prado was coaching UT and winning all those National Championships, and USF could not even get past the NCAA regionals.

Didn't USF used to play UT in baseball back then?  I know we used to play them in soccer.  My memory may be cloudy, but I am pretty sure that UT stomped us quite a few times in baseball, and I know the Mayors Cup for soccer passed back and forth between the two schools.

We would have killed for Prado back then, and I am glad that he is back here where he can scoop up the local talent instead of watching it go elsewhere.

While I do not buy the "baseball in the North cannot win" arguement - look at the NY Yankees, and yes that is MLB vs. NCAA - I think Prado did a commedable job considering that UL was pathetic in baseball until he showed up there.

Welcome to the herd of Bulls Coach Prado.