• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF turned down a 2 for 1 with Texas.....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Which tiny schools do the Gators, the Seminoles, the Fighting Irish, the Sooners, the Longhorns , the Trojans"warm up against"?

Can't speak for all the teams you list, but the Gators have been doing it for years....

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

ND hasn't really, but they are playing Furman in a few years.

Every school plays two cupcakes, be it a D-IAA or a MAC/Sun Belt team...

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

ND hasn't really, but they are playing Furman in a few years.

Every school plays two cupcakes, be it a D-IAA or a MAC/Sun Belt team...

ND is not in a conference so they do not have the grind of playing Conf sched. they do play Navy a lot. I know thier schedule is hard on paper but nothing beats playing a conf. sched. year in year out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

. Winning/Losing to 2 bottom feeders in the BCS dosen't do that.

If you're talking about KU and UNC, they were both rated higher than us last year....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

However, some of your delusional fans think Texas doesn't travel well.  I am saying that they would have brought many more to RJS than Miami will.

I'm saying that the attendance for both games would be the same whether there would have been more UT fans or not ...... and UM's advanyage is it's 1-1.

I would imagine there will be quite a few Texas season ticket holders in 07.  Just another reason....

As a program supposedly striving to join the big boys I wouldn't think touting opposing teams' fans as season ticket holders would be a good thing ....... but I guess for you guys it is.

Having other teams buying season tix is NOTHING to brag about, it looks bad on a school.

Trip, I know KU and UNC were rated above us, however 90% of the people on this board were planning Jan 2nd in Atlanta in mid Oct. My point is that for the long term viability playing schools like UNC and KU don't advance the program like playing a Texas, Oklahoma, or Tennessee.

Win against KU/UNC and people will just say they are bottom feeders.

Lose to KU /UNC and the BE cannot beat the bottom feeders of bigger conferences.

However by playing Texas or another big boy, be it a one game at their place deal or a 2 for 1(staggered) you are guarenteed TV time, losing to them only means that we're not a top 20 program, and winning shows how good the program is. Further the money created from a sellout  by having Texas in for a game would be GREAT, and they would probably pay decently to go there.

The Texas deal might have been 2 for 1, but it included guarenteed Night game on a Saturday on ESPN, a sellout of RJS, and would light a fire under the student body's asses to come out and watch teh Bulls play. I'll say it again I'm not saying sign a million of these things, but doing a couple to get a team like Texas into RJS and a chance to play a top team is worth it much more than 1 and 1's with UNC, Kansas; schools where football is 2nd/3rd on campus and receive about as much coverage as we do on ESPN.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

and what happens after Texas hands us our asses in front of national TV? All those same bandwagon that were at that game will say we suck and not show up again. People are foolong themselves if they think we are at that level yet. We are taking steps in the right direction, if we beat KU and UNC this year and end up 9-3 or better and win a Bowl game it will continue to lead us in the right direction.

and what happens after Texas hands us our asses in front of national TV? All those same bandwagon that were at that game will say we suck and not show up again. People are foolong themselves if they think we are at that level yet. We are taking steps in the right direction, if we beat KU and UNC this year and end up 9-3 or better and win a Bowl game it will continue to lead us in the right direction.

By your same token what if KU and UNC kick our asses? It is about taking a chance. Losing to Texas would look a lot prettier than losing to UNC or KU, in college football you never back down on an opponent. Loading up on a soft schedule might make us look good on paper, but it will elevate us as much as a close game with Texas would.

I do not think we are close to that level, I was one of the few that was trying to talk people down to earth after teh Louisville win and when people were basically ignoring the fact that we had to be UConn before even thinking about winning the BE.

If you want to pad the schedule with lowly football programs because they might be easier wins than, step back and look at the picture. We are not going to get an at large to the BCS, we can still win our conference and secure a great bowl bid while playing these big boys twice a year.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

If KU and UNC beat us, we have even less reason to talk about Texas.  And you can be sure that we if beat either or both of them this year, it will be a strong affirmation of USF by having a road win against a BCS foe.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

WHAT A STUPID POST

DONT WE WANT TO COMPETE AND PLAY THE BEST?

WE COULD  HAVE PLAYED THEM 3 TIMES ::)

ONLY A LOSER WOULD TURN DOWN A CHANCE TO PLAY NATIONAL CHAMPS

What a stupid post? You'd be the lead complainer.  I'm all for playing the best, but not in a 2 for 1.