• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF turned down a 2 for 1 with Texas.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

i've been reading the thread and all the comments and haven't commented until now.  where in the article did it say that Texas contacted us for a 2 and 1 deal?  it doesn't, espn has contacted us about playing a 2 for 1 against them, not Texas.  all you people out there who are saying woolard is dumb for not taking this deal aren't looking into the future.  who is to say that Texas in a few years or even next year is still at the top of the nation and consistently in the top 5?  who is to say that at the point we play them USF isn't ranked every year in the top 20, and able to put together a 1 for 1 with Texas?  nobody knows what the future holds.  would i have liked to see USF play Texas?  yes, who wouldn't.  but i am tired of seeing us being pushed around, i'm glad to see USF taking a stand and demanding a 1 and 1, instead of being the bit** of the NCAA.  we need to show the country and the other NCAA teams that we can't be pushed around, by demanding 1 and 1's we are doing that.  and whats wrong with playing uk and unc?  any win over a team from another bcs conference looks good for USF and for the Big East, a win is a win.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

If you want respect your going to have to earn it and the willingness to play big games is a part of it. Look at Frseno State, sure they aren't BCS,

EXACTLY, they're NOT BCS. They have to do stuff like that to get that recognition ....... I really try to shy away from the "We're BCS" chest thumping but, ****, we are. We take care of stuff in conference and we'll get all the recognition we want. Fresno State and UCF don't have that luxury so they have to schedule like that.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17

This is hilarious, UCF can barely beat the bad teams from the State of Texas  such as Rice or Houston...and you think you'll be Top10?

Thanks for the laugh...

Judge us when we have had a full 4 years of the GOL system... we already had 4 years of your system and I haven't seen a championship game played, bowl game points scored, or anything to write home about except a nice win against Louisville from you guys....

Who will get in the top 10 first?

Well, last year we were only one win away from getting into the AP 25.... and always ranked ahead of you guys in the AP polls...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Judge us when we have had a full 4 years of the GOL system...

Maybe if you guys wouldn't come over here whining like little babies, we'd hold off our judgment.

we already had 4 years of your system and I haven't seen a championship game played,

I guess with that criteria, Toledo fan can run over to the Ohio State boards and throw that in their face ....

Well, last year we were only one win away from getting into the AP 25....

And we were two wins away from the Sugar Bowl .... See how stupid you sound?

and always ranked ahead of you guys in the AP polls...

Link?

Would someone point Junior here to the Poo Flinging Board so he can quit embarrassing himself on this board ....

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

EXACTLY, they're NOT BCS. They have to do stuff like that to get that recognition ....... I really try to shy away from the "We're BCS" chest thumping but, ****, we are. We take care of stuff in conference and we'll get all the recognition we want. Fresno State and UCF don't have that luxury so they have to schedule like that.

Yes, but they are easily a more recognized and touted program than we are. They have been in the top 25 at one point each of the last 6 years and have scored 1 and 1's with 4 top 25 schools. My point was their name is out there because they were willing to step up to the plate. Being a BCS school doesn't give you instant name credibility. Baylor, Indiana, Wake Forest, and Kentucky can agree to that .

Cyber, Thats my point, playing teams like Texas would give us MORE chances to win the games we aren't supossed to.n  UNC and Kansas aren't games we aren't supposed to win. WVU is the only game on our schedule that you can look at an say they won't win that game.

Listen I'm not trashing the games we have scheduled. I know we have Auburn, UF, and Miami scheduled. I'm glad, however, playing one great team OOC, and 2 top 25 caliber teams in the BE is not winning us any press.

I guarentee that this next season  Fresno State will get more air time and press than USF because they are so winning to play the big boys.

Everyone is in such a rush to be a top caliber program in the country. Playing 3 good teams, a bunch of .500 teams and bottom feeders are not going to put us there. Even if we win the BE they'll say the same thing they did with K-State, Texas Tech this past season, and what they'll say about WVU this season...they haven't played anyone.

Scheduling is key to noteriaty when your an unknown in college football. Unfortunatley college football is based on the nature of the press, not on the field.

Would someone point Junior here to the Poo Flinging Board so he can quit embarrassing himself on this board ....

Righhthtttt.......

Congrats on meeting the "USF JERK QUOTA" of the day award!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Righhthtttt.......

Congrats on meeting the "USF JERK QUOTA" of the day award!

Impressive...I'm sure it's as good as the  "UCF FAKE RESUME QUOTA" of the day award that your HC has won for about 600 days and counting.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Impressive...I'm sure it's as good as the  "UCF FAKE RESUME QUOTA" of the day award that your HC has won for about 600 days and counting.

Haha.

It's funny how many UCFers hang out on this board.....

Oh but he lags far behind the "USF Football Player Academic Ineligibility" quota   ;)

Haha.

It's funny how many UCFers hang out on this board.....

Eh, I was bored...and its fun to see long you can act totally civil until USF people just jump on you and go off on UCF-SUCKS tangents...

You just can't buy that from UF, FSU, Conference Teams or whatnot..but USF..it's oh so easy, and kinda ammusing   ;)

Ok, I'm done for the night.  Later kids.  Hopefully you all travel to Orlando in a few months...