• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF turned down a 2 for 1 with Texas.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Yep like scheduling the Samford Bulldogs at the RayJay for 2010.

T-soup, are you not glad we are starting out this year with McNeese and FIU?   It ain't pretty, but its smart.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Every major College football team sets up these "warm up" games.

Samford is a tiny D-1AA school with less than 3000 undergraduate students.

Which tiny schools do the Gators, the Seminoles, the Fighting Irish, the Sooners, the Longhorns , the Trojans"warm up against"?

T-soup, are you not glad we are starting out this year with McNeese and FIU?   It ain't pretty, but its smart.

No.

Smart for............ AD and Coaches job security.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Kansas also has signed a 1 and 1 with Fresno State and finished a 1 and 1 with Wyoming.

North Carolina just signed for a 2 and 2 with ECU and finished a 1 and 1 with Utah

Signing those teaams to a 1 and 1 isn't some challenged feat that no one else could do. Both teams are bottom feeders and give us no respect.

SC, I am not saying sign a whole bunch and lose home games. We have 5 OOC games to play with, there are probably 2 home cupcakes and the 3 or 4 conference games ...With those 2 and the 7 conference games that gives us 3 extra games to play with I'm sure we could set it so we have at least one at home.

Turkey, The Seminoles played the Citadel last year, can't get much smaller than that

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

And this is something to be proud of because ...............?

Is is nothing to be proud of.  I never said I was proud of it.

However, some of your delusional fans think Texas doesn't travel well.  I am saying that they would have brought many more to RJS than Miami will.

I would imagine there will be quite a few Texas season ticket holders in 07.  Just another reason....

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Kansas also has signed a 1 and 1 with Fresno State and finished a 1 and 1 with Wyoming.

North Carolina just signed for a 2 and 2 with ECU and finished a 1 and 1 with Utah

Signing those teaams to a 1 and 1 isn't some challenged feat that no one else could do. Both teams are bottom feeders and give us no respect.

SC, I am not saying sign a whole bunch and lose home games. We have 5 OOC games to play with, there are probably 2 home cupcakes and the 3 or 4 conference games ...With those 2 and the 7 conference games that gives us 3 extra games to play with I'm sure we could set it so we have at least one at home.

Turkey, The Seminoles played the Citadel last year, can't get much smaller than that

So, in other words, you couldn't get any more from those schools that a non-BCS league team could.

Nice

No Mavtech,  my point is we need to be scheduling harder teams not going crazy with the games, but getting teams that will give us some nantional exposure. The Miami deal is AWESOME, and I cannot wait for those games. However, we need to make our mark if we expect to gain credibility. Winning/Losing to 2 bottom feeders in the BCS dosen't do that.

True, but remember that they are those "Chicken $hits from the state's capitol.

I-AA opponent is a I-AA opponent, I believe the BCS counts them all the same...they don't...and it just counts as a win to bowl committees, so I could care less if we're playing Sanford or Montana. A D-IAA team is nothing more than a good warm up game.

(unless it's FAMU, then you get a crowd too)

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

You guys would then start complaining that we don't have enough home games because of the 2 for 1 commitments we have.

WHAT A STUPID POST

DONT WE WANT TO COMPETE AND PLAY THE BEST?

WE COULD  HAVE PLAYED THEM 3 TIMES ::)

ONLY A LOSER WOULD TURN DOWN A CHANCE TO PLAY NATIONAL CHAMPS