• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF turned down a 2 for 1 with Texas.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

mutt and smazza agree

you dont turn down a deal to play texAS.

yes you do, now if it was ohio state, notre dame or usc then do it but texas, not?

what benefit do we get besides getting waxed on national TV three times, how does that help our image?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Who says we get waxed?

If you want to build your program as fast as many on this board do you have to take the risks and play the big boys.

We've gotten a deal with Miami and that is great, it's a top level team that is willing to come into our place and play us straight up.

However, there are not many other elite programs that will do a 1 and 1 straight up with us right now. They don't care that we are BCS, they know they have the leverage over us because, we're

a) Desparate for games with 5 OOC games a year

B) Not the wealthiest athletic Dept.

c) Still young and looking to get our name out

Does this mean no other big time team will sign a 1 and 1 with us? No, there are chances out there. But you have to remember that teams like UNC and Kansas are NOT buying our program any respect. Beat them and we should have won because they are not good BCS programs, lose and they are calling us and the BE a joke.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

But you have to remember that teams like UNC and Kansas are NOT buying our program any respect. Beat them and we should have won because they are not good BCS programs, lose and they are calling us and the BE a joke.

Come on, Joe, take off your Green and Gold glasses. There's no way WE can call those teams "not good BCS programs". Both were ranked higher than us last year. Both have tradition and I doubt we're favorites in either game, so to say that we "should" win is ludicrous.

Heat of the moment, sorry should have used "should" I agree with you those aren't definite games.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

If you don't play the top teams you don't prove what you are really made of......and you don't risk good old job security....no risk no gain.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  93

yes you do, now if it was ohio state, notre dame or usc then do it but texas, not?

what benefit do we get besides getting waxed on national TV three times, how does that help our image?

Are you saying your school won't be able to beat Texas by 2011?  Where exactly do you see your program in 5 years?

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Are you saying your school won't be able to beat Texas by 2011?  Where exactly do you see your program in 5 years?

The knight has a point... if you look at Texas in a vaccuum as this year's undefeated National Champion, sure. But even of the schools named, you mention other former national champs. What makes Texas any more scary than them, except recency effect?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

The knight has a point... if you look at Texas in a vaccuum as this year's undefeated National Champion, sure. But even of the schools named, you mention other former national champs. What makes Texas any more scary than them, except recency effect?

the issue is not only win/lose and i would expect us to be competetive with texas in 2011, however

texas will not sell out rayjay as the other teams mentioned and texas does not have the national presence of UM or the other teams mentioned so i do not see the benefit of a 2 for 1 with texas over a 1 for 1 with UM one of the FL big three we are trying to join and are recruiting against.

Your crazy...

Texas would sell out RayJay, they travel in droves, the interests of the locals would be huge.

You bring any of the national powerhouses to Tampa it's an easy sellout: Miami, Texas, Tennessee.

I'd rather bring someone from out of state in over UF or FSU because RJS would be about 50/50 or 60/40 with those teams.

As for Texas not having the national presence of UM your wrong again. One of the biggest myths in college football is that people like watching Miami...Fact: They moved the ABC FSU/Miami game to ESPN because rating were low.

Bringing in any of the above teams is guarenteed a highlight spot on Gameday/Gameday Final (The center of college football)

I'll take Miami, but I'd also love to have a chance with Texas, Oklahoma, Penn State whoever wants to play us.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!  

A young man married a beautiful woman who had previously divorced ten husbands. On their wedding night, she told her new husband, "Please be gentle;   I'm still a virgin." "What?" said the puzzled groom. "How can that be if you've been married ten times?"

"Well, husband #1 was a Sales Representative; he kept telling me how great it was going to be."

"Husband #2 was in Software Services; he was never really sure how it was supposed to function, but he said he'd look into it and get back to me."

"Husband #3 was from Field Services; he said everything checked out diagnostically but he just couldn't get the system up."

"Husband #4 was in Telemarketing;even though he knew he had the order he didn't know when he would be able to deliver."

Husband #5 was an Engineer; he understood the basic process but wanted three years to research, design and implement a new state-of-the-art method."

"Husband #6 was from Administration; he thought he knew how, but he wasn't sure whether it was his job or not."

Husband #7 was in Marketing; although he had a product, he was never sure how to

position it."

"Husband #8 was a psychiatrist; all he ever did was talk about it

"Husband #9 was a gynecologist;>all he did was look."

"Husband #10 was a stamp collector; all he ever did was............God, I miss

him!".........

"But now that I've married you, I'm so excited!"

"Wonderful," said the husband, "but, why?"

"You're with the Government........

This time I KNOW I'm gonna get screwed!