• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF turned down a 2 for 1 with Texas.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Eh, I was bored...and its fun to see long you can act totally civil until USF people just jump on you and go off on UCF-SUCKS tangents...

You just can't buy that from UF, FSU, Conference Teams or whatnot..but USF..it's oh so easy, and kinda ammusing   ;)

Ok, I'm done for the night.  Later kids.  Hopefully you all travel to Orlando in a few months...

I missed the UCF Sucks posts, but I've seen quite a number wondering why you are commenting on this thread.

I believe the paranoia is setting in.  Now, even in scheduling, the clear cut difference in programs is shining through.  The only thing left is to antagonize, and wish.  However, thanks for worrying.  We'll call you in five years when our rivalry with Miami is well on it's way.  Many UCF fans said we 'needed' an in-state rivalry.  So feel glad we took that to heart, however we chose another team other than UCF.  

I look forward to the Orlando game.  Quite possibly the last of it's kind.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17

I missed the UCF Sucks posts, but I've seen quite a number wondering why you are commenting on this thread.

There were quite a few.  As to why I'm here...I also go to lots of other state boards and other conference member boards..nothing wrong with being a lil neighborly, is there?
We'll call you in five years when our rivalry with Miami is well on it's way.

Likewise =p.

Many UCF fans said we 'needed' an in-state rivalry.  So feel glad we took that to heart, however we chose another team other than UCF.

Well I'm glad you listened ;).  Personally, I would much rather keep our series with UM and Florida we have going over playing USF.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

There were quite a few.  As to why I'm here...I also go to lots of other state boards and other conference member boards..nothing wrong with being a lil neighborly, is there?

Likewise =p.

Well I'm glad you listened ;).  Personally, I would much rather keep our series with UM and Florida we have going over playing USF.

Visiting that many boards says all I need to know about your character.  Inferiority knows no limits.

Miami gave you a 2 for 1, and with USF, and FSU on slate for many years don't expect any additional games scheduled in the future.  That is unless you're willing to go to Miami for a play for pay game.  Rivalries are built on 1 and 1's, not going and visiting to be homecoming fodder.  Enjoy those games, I am sure the home teams fans will enjoy your visit even more- particularly at the end of the game.

Thanks for that last post- it pretty much summed up the ignorance you possess.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17

Lol, funny stuff man.  I have no problem stating that the Big 3 are far ahead of UCF.  But we're far from inferior.  UCF and USF both are heading in the direction of a Big 5.  Yes, you made it into the BCS.  And yeah, we're a lil jealous.  But whatever, we have other things going for our program that you don't, so you deal with what you got and make it work.

If you really think you guys stand a better chance playing Miami then we do, go ahead and kid yourself, we'll let the scoreboard results speak for themselves in the end.

Silly kids these days....

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

This is soooo stupid.

If you want respect win games you are not supposed to win.

Example #1: USF at Pitt, two days before 9/11

Refresher...Pitt was TERRIBLE at the Start of the 2001 season.

Fitzgerald (best player in the Big East) was OUT with an injury and Pitt had several other key players suspend.

This was the Pitt team that started the year 0-5!!!

You had the first victory vs an 0-5 team and you are bragging about it?

Ok.

Hey...UCF's win vs Defending SEC Champs Alabama looks better and better now!

KL

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Refresher...Pitt was TERRIBLE at the Start of the 2001 season.

Fitzgerald (best player in the Big East) was OUT with an injury and Pitt had several other key players suspend.

This was the Pitt team that started the year 0-5!!!

You had the first victory vs an 0-5 team and you are bragging about it?

Ok.

Hey...UCF's win vs Defending SEC Champs Alabama looks better and better now!

KL

Pitt was 1-0 going into the games versus USF. They subsequently lost 4 games after we beat them and rallied to make a bowl game. The year you beat Alabama they ended something like 3-8.

Might want to check your facts first.

Joe -

You say that we should look at the Fresno State model for scheduling....

Consider their games vs BCS teams:

1997: vs Baylor (L), @ Oklahoma State (L), @ Oregon (L)

1998: @ Colorado (L), @ Texas Tech (L)

1999: @ UCLA (L), @ Oregon State (L)

2000: @ Ohio State (L), @ UCLA (L), vs Cal (W)

2001: @ Colorado (W), vs Oregon State, @ Wisconsin (L)

2002: @ Wisconsin(L), @ Oregon (L), @ Oregon State (L)

2003: @ Tennessee (L), vs Oregon (W), @ Oklahoma (L)

2004: @ Washington (W), @ Kansas State (W)

2005: @ Oregon (L), @ USC (L)

2006: vs Oregon, @ Washington, @ LSU

I don't see many 1 and 1s... only Baylor, Oregon, and Oregon State played in Fresno in the last 10 seasons.

Oh, and they played multiple games against I-AA teams like Weber State and Portland State... and non-BCS teams like Colorado State.

So tell us how that is SO MUCH better than USF's future schedule??

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Because if you read what I what wrote their schedule for the next few seasons looks like this out of conference.

2006: @ Washington, Oregon @ LSU

2007:  Kansas State, @ Kansas, @ Oregon

2008:  Wisconsin, @ Kansas State, Toledo (USC - deal almost done)

2009: @ Wisoncin, Kansas (LSU - return game on conditions)

2010: @ Oregon (@USC)

2013: Oregon

Bold are 1 and 1 deals.

Three home and homes with schools that have been in BCS games the last 5 years.

I used Fresno State as an example because their program was almost demoted 10 years ago. There are other schools like BYU and Utah which have been able to work 1 and 1's with great schools

Because if you read what I what wrote their schedule for the next few seasons looks like this out of conference.

2006: @ Washington, Oregon @ LSU

2007:  Kansas State, @ Kansas, @ Oregon

2008:  Wisconsin, @ Kansas State, Toledo (USC - deal almost done)

2009: @ Wisoncin, Kansas (LSU - return game on conditions)

2010: @ Oregon (@USC)

2013: Oregon

Bold are 1 and 1 deals.

Three home and homes with schools that have been in BCS games the last 5 years.

I used Fresno State as an example because their program was almost demoted 10 years ago. There are other schools like BYU and Utah which have been able to work 1 and 1's with great schools

Well, USF has 7 home and homes against BCS teams every year.

Kansas has never been to a BCS game and Wisconsin has not been in the last 5 years (last game was after the 1999 season - 7 years ago).

BYU has a 1 and 1 with Florida State... which is not as good as USF's two 1 and 1s with Miami.

The rest on both of their schedules are no better than USF's conference games: Arizona, Arizona State, Iowa State, Oregon, UCLA, Washington, Washington State. (Notre Dame is a traditional BYU opponent, and can not be counted in this discussion).

--

I really think you need to look at USF's schedule from a realistic perpspective.  USF is in the BCS - so we don't need to schedule 5 BCS teams for our OOC games.  Very few, if any, BCS teams schedule only BCS opponents for their OOC games.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

READ the bottom of my post!

They're BCS schools, but you cannot look and tell me Cincinnati, Rutgers, UConn, Syracuse are BCS quality...BCS quality teams don't get smacked by Miami (OH), or lose a 20 point lead to Illinois.

Strength of schedule and perception is EVERYTHING in college football. We cannot depend on the BE teams, and other conference basement dwellers to help crutch the program. It's the same reason why no one EVER took K-State seriously, and why no one took Texas Tech seriously last year.