• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2024 at 8:06 PM, Outlaw said:

Another loss for the knights. Their best db is leaving.

image.png.f91914a3a37ab67c3637cf8f656fe2a1.png

meh...reading the tea leaves this guy saw the incoming transfer DBs from Ohio St, USC and Ole Miss and decided to bolt. 

247SPORTS.COM

2024 College football Transfer Portal

Edited by StDee
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  2

22 hours ago, StDee said:

meh...reading the tea leaves this guy saw the incoming transfer DBs from Ohio St, USC and Ole Miss and decided to bolt. 

247SPORTS.COM

2024 College football Transfer Portal

Yup, he was highly rated coming in but is a little undersized and by far missed the most tackles and graded poorly by PFF. Likely was losing playing time had he stayed. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

On 5/1/2024 at 10:55 AM, Gatorbull325 said:

I mean if your chances to make the NFL are slim, then get your money your last year of football. . 

I agree with this 100 percent however find it humorous you are happy for him leaving our school.  You probably were in the generation everyone got a trophy.  Who cares, dude is in the wind, him finding success or failure does nothing for me either way however I am not happy we lost him and the needed depth.   I liken it to the dog track, I would root feverishly for that dog for that race, once the race ends I am handicapping the next one, that dog is forgotten, I don’t  need to see a thread on what happens to him at Louisville.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,549
  • Days Won:  28

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I agree with this 100 percent however find it humorous you are happy for him leaving our school.  You probably were in the generation everyone got a trophy.  Who cares, dude is in the wind, him finding success or failure does nothing for me either way however I am not happy we lost him and the needed depth.   I liken it to the dog track, I would root feverishly for that dog for that race, once the race ends I am handicapping the next one, that dog is forgotten, I don’t  need to see a thread on what happens to him at Louisville.

No Im just one who is grateful for his contributions and moving on. Having bitterness is pointless and a waste of energy. When our players transfers to P5 schools it simply lets the world know we have quality players. Also I felt we can do better than him. He was just unable to get sacks.  So Im happy Pettus who I think is waaaaay better will get his snaps. Hell I felt Jonathan Ross should have started over him last year. Glass half full my friend. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Same with recruits for me. I look at them once just to see whatever they have, then don't look again until signing day. I trust Golesh and crew are out there beating the bushes to find as much talent as possible. Then coach'em up to get the best out of them. Some will sign, some won't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

In the old days, a few years ago when transfers were rare, I kept up with those who gave it a go at South Florida but went elsewhere on a needs based transfer.  Now that CFB programs are more like just a brief stop I don't even look at rosters. I typically pass on drifters and grifters.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brad said:

In the old days, a few years ago when transfers were rare, I kept up with those who gave it a go at South Florida but went elsewhere on a needs based transfer.  Now that CFB programs are more like just a brief stop I don't even look at rosters. I typically pass on drifters and grifters.

Now more than ever, at least from a fan's perspective, it's the name on the front of the jersey more so than the name on the back ...

Edited by Triple B

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

No Im just one who is grateful for his contributions and moving on. Having bitterness is pointless and a waste of energy. When our players transfers to P5 schools it simply lets the world know we have quality players. Also I felt we can do better than him. He was just unable to get sacks.  So Im happy Pettus who I think is waaaaay better will get his snaps. Hell I felt Jonathan Ross should have started over him last year. Glass half full my friend. 

I am not asking you to be bitter? Just wonder why you are happy he left, it appears you think we can do better which I don’t disagree yet we still needed the depth.  College sports is now a revolving door, root for the team, players come and go.  I don’t find joy or sadness when they leave, I just move on, appears you still have an affinity towards them regardless, to each their own.  

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Same with recruits for me. I look at them once just to see whatever they have, then don't look again until signing day. I trust Golesh and crew are out there beating the bushes to find as much talent as possible. Then coach'em up to get the best out of them. Some will sign, some won't.

It is weird how this evolved, I spent hours years ago learning the the draft class and still remember where players 10 years ago played high school, nowadays lost complete interest and can only name 15-20 players right now.  I am with you, trust Golesh to bring in some players and see how this all shakes out in September.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Odd how things turn personal sometimes...