• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,520
  • Days Won:  28

I thought I would start the transfer portal thread. Last year we had 18 incoming transfers and 24 outgoing. The smaller amount of portal action shows that we have more stability as a team and the incoming freshmen are pretty good. Anyway, keep an eye out for this guy. For all you Deon haters this will be a little "get back" should he transfer here. Supposedly he was a DVD recruit when DVD was at UM. 

Incoming Transfers
1 Jack Wilty (OL)
2 Brent Austin (DB)
3 De'Shawn Rucker(DB)
4 Langston Long (DB/LB)
5 D'Marco Augustin (DB)
6 Kajuan Banks (DB)
7 Abdur-Rahmaan Yaseen (WR)

Outgoing Transfers (17) Comment New School
1 Stantavious Smith (DL) I no longer on the roster. Not sure why he would transfer. He has all of the opportunity.  
2 Yusuf Terry (WR) Big surprise, but I guess that means we have better receivers.  
3 Keeon Terrell (OL/DL) The writing was on the wall  
4 Junior Uzebu (OL) Weird  
5 Khafre Brown (WR) Whatever  
6 Gerard Edimo (TE) No comment  
7 Drew Perez (OL) No comment  
8 Jayden Curry (DB) No comment  
9 Michel Dukes (RB) No comment  
10 Brian Norris (LB) I wish him well  
11 Derrell Bailey Jr. (OL) No comment East Tennesee State
12 Javohn Thomas (WR) Good talent, I hope he finds a landing spot.  
13 Lloyd Summerall Was not impressed JMU
14 Jameel Sanders (DB) No comment  
15 Will Jones II (DB) No comment FAMU
16 Gerry Bohanon (QB) I wish him well and hope if he ever gets into coaching he comes back to USF. BYU
17 Zach Perkins (OL) No comment Hampton University
PWOs  
Caysun Kinghorn (PWO) OL
Ryan Warren (PWO) OL
Kody Black OL

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Gatorbull325 changed the title to 2024 CFB Transfer Portal

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,351
  • Days Won:  25

The Baylor transfers all have been zero impact Gb,Terry, and Jones. Not surpsued about anyone on the list but the Vandy ol transfer uzebu. Only thing I can think of wilty is a better fit. Several recruits from last class transferring out. I assume it because they want to play and move down the college football ladder. We also brought  in better talent on the recruiting and transfer trail and that maybe pushing some out that want to play.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,520
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The Baylor transfers all have been zero impact Gb,Terry, and Jones. Not surpsued about anyone on the list but the Vandy ol transfer uzebu. Only thing I can think of wilty is a better fit. Several recruits from last class transferring out. I assume it because they want to play and move down the college football ladder. We also brought  in better talent on the recruiting and transfer trail and that maybe pushing some out that want to play.

Gerry was getting better on the field, but his mentoring of BB was priceless. Even BB father stated that GB was a big part of BB's development. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The way things go for mobile QB's, injuries happen often. It was mind-numbing when looking at other AAC teams, and the amount of QB injuries they had. Bohanon would have been a great option to have had as a back up QB. The back up QB who I assume will be Archie did not show me much last year, albeit in limited time. Maybe Carter?

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Gerry was getting better on the field, but his mentoring of BB was priceless. Even BB father stated that GB was a big part of BB's development. 

He was inaccurate,  made bad decisions leading to a bad turnover to ratio, and wasn't good enough to beat any fbs teams. His stats put him on the bottom quartile of qbs his year at usf. Every other qb that started had better stats, better throws, and better reads. Marsh and Bb outplayed him during the one year he played. He hasn't been on the field in play in over 1.5 years.  I assume he is going to be a mentor and back up at byu .

He was a great mentor and veteran voice. 

Edited by Outlaw

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He was inaccurate,  made bad decisions leading to a bad turnover to ratio, and wasn't good enough to beat any fbs teams. His stats put him on the bottom quartile of qbs his year at usf. Every other qb that started had better stats, better throws, and better reads. Marsh and Bb outplayed him during the one year he played. He hasn't been on the field in play in over 1.5 years.  I assume he is going to be a mentor and back up at byu .

He was a great mentor and veteran voice. 

Bohanon in his last 3 games before his injury throwing the ball, plus some decent rushing yards as well

Sat 10/15

vsTULNTULN 7 8 109 87.5 13.6 1 0 44 0 243.2 99.6
Sat 10/8 @CIN24CIN 11 21 139 52.4 6.6 2 0 33 0 139.4 93.2
Sat 10/1 vsECUECU 18 28 253 64.3 9.0 3 0 91 1 175.5 15.5

5 minutes ago, belgianbull said:
Bohanon in his last 3 games before his injury throwing the ball, plus some decent rushing yards as well

Sat 10/15

Sub 60% competition percentage, 7 tds, 7 interceptions, zero fbs wins, and cost usf a chance to win at florida with a terrible interception. Guy wasn't good enough to win here. He hasn't won an fbs game is over 3 years. Good mentor, qb voice. And maybe a decent coach,  but you can't count on him to win.  Winners win on the score board. Losers make excuses for below average performances that could not win any fbs games.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:
6 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Sat 10/15

Expand  

Sub 60% competition percentage, 7 tds, 7 interceptions, zero fbs wins, and cost usf a chance to win at florida with a terrible interception. Guy wasn't good enough to win here. He hasn't won an fbs game is over 3 years. Good mentor, qb voice. And maybe a decent coach,  but you can't count on him to win.  Winners win on the score board . Losers make excuses for below average performances.

I always though it was hard for me to mentally reconcile his 2021 season with his subsequent performance, other than the CJS factor.  And I liked everything about him -- except for that not-winning thing.

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Sub 60% competition percentage, 7 tds, 7 interceptions, zero fbs wins, and cost usf a chance to win at florida with a terrible interception. Guy wasn't good enough to win here. He hasn't won an fbs game is over 3 years. Good mentor, qb voice. And maybe a decent coach,  but you can't count on him to win.  Winners win on the score board . Losers make excuses for below average performances.

He had a bad start, but found his mojo as did our offense in his last three games. Defense lost us a bunch of games, offense was decent . Last three games 6 td and 0 interceptions with great rushing stats too.

You have to the look at the totality of his numbers. Bohanon would have been a great option to have as a back up qb

Edited by belgianbull

9 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

He had a bad start, but found his mojo as did our offense in his last three games. Defense lost us a bunch of games, offense was decent . Last three games 6 td and 0 interceptions, plus did well rushing as well.

Bohanon would have been a great option to have as a back up qb

His usf legacy  is 0 fbs wins, 54% chance to complete a pass , 1td:1int ratio, qbr in bottom of college football. His MOJO was ZERO wins and bottom of college football for qbs . If you want to award him some moral victories you can. Marsh and Brown outplayed him. Brown showed last year he was replaceable and a nonfactor on the field. He moved on because he wasn't getting on the field here. I guess we can thank him for mentoring Byrum  and giving him a stage to win and produce on the field. 

Edited by Outlaw