• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College MBB Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

Looks like Memphis picked up some really nice players from the portal again. They will probably be ranked coming in to American conference play like last season before they collapsed. 

UAB has mostly everyone returning and they picked up 2 good players from the portal. 

I’m guessing they will be picked to finish 1 and 2 in the American, hopefully we can mess that up again next year. 

I would agree with you.  We'll probably be picked 3rd in the conference but we'll have some opportunities to pick up big wins over Memphis/UAB for our tournament resume.  I also think scheduling will be a lot stronger out of conference so those will be fun to watch as well.  We have a very talented team and I like that we are very athletic.  We're going to get after it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

I would agree with you.  We'll probably be picked 3rd in the conference but we'll have some opportunities to pick up big wins over Memphis/UAB for our tournament resume.  I also think scheduling will be a lot stronger out of conference so those will be fun to watch as well.  We have a very talented team and I like that we are very athletic.  We're going to get after it.

Honestly I can’t really judge our team yet until I see us play. We were such a good 3 pointing shooting team this passed season and I’m not really seeing that with our current roster.

Maybe we will be more of an inside first team next season unless we get a couple more players from the portal that are great shooters. Last season Miguel could create his own Space to get a 3 point shot and Youngblood as well. We need at least one guy like that, the new juco player seems really good but I have to see him play at this level to fully see what he is about.This is all just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

Honestly I can’t really judge our team yet until I see us play. We were such a good 3 pointing shooting team this passed season and I’m not really seeing that with our current roster.

Maybe we will be more of an inside first team next season unless we get a couple more players from the portal that are great shooters. Last season Miguel could create his own Space to get a 3 point shot and Youngblood as well. We need at least one guy like that, the new juco player seems really good but I have to see him play at this level to fully see what he is about.This is all just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

Did you see Jimmie Williams' highlights? He is quicker than Miguel. So is CJ Brown. Reynolds can also hit the 3; his career % is better than Pryor's, albeit a smaller sample size. Jennings is also quick with a high 3pt%. I am not concerned with this roster. Also, we were largely dependent on outside shooting last year. I think we have much better inside scoring this year.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  365

52 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Did you see Jimmie Williams' highlights? He is quicker than Miguel. So is CJ Brown. Reynolds can also hit the 3; his career % is better than Pryor's, albeit a smaller sample size. Jennings is also quick with a high 3pt%. I am not concerned with this roster. Also, we were largely dependent on outside shooting last year. I think we have much better inside scoring this year.

I know Jimmie Williams and CJ  brown are great in their highlights. I just have to see them play at this level a couple games against good competition to judge how the team will be.Thats just me though.We had a lot of players come to usf that had amazing highlights and didn’t play well here, for some it was the coach or the system and others  just weren’t good at this level. 
I know we will be way better inside that’s for sure. I feel great about the portal pick ups. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

37 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

I know Jimmie Williams and CJ  brown are great in their highlights. I just have to see them play at this level a couple games against good competition to judge how the team will be.Thats just me though.We had a lot of players come to usf that had amazing highlights and didn’t play well here, for some it was the coach or the system and others  just weren’t good at this level. 
I know we will be way better inside that’s for sure. I feel great about the portal pick ups. 

Agreed. We lost alot with the 3 guys that left. Granted the guys that they are replacing were not heavily recruited by other programs. That being said we were by far the best offer Jimmie received, wonder why other programs did not go after him.

We shall see f CAAR is just that much better at finding talent.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Cmr3 said:

Yeah, after his call last year, I’m not questioning pancho too much right now but highlights are just that high-lights. I’m sure there are some great highlights of Matt Floyd out there ……. maybe. 
One of my biggest question marks is not the points lost but the leadership lost in CY. Have to assume someone will step up….. think it would be awesome if it’s the elder USF statesman, Corey ….. coming full circle. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  854

I'm going to be concerned until how we look as a team. CY wasn't just a good scorer last year - he was the leader of the team and CAAR even mentioned CY would keep him in check during games as well. Who is going to step into that role this year? Either way, I hope to see a great product and competitive team again next year, will be inquiring about season tickets. 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

We had a lot of players come to usf that had amazing highlights and didn’t play well here, for some it was the coach or the system and others  just weren’t good at this level.

I understand what you are saying. I remember being excited about watching Bo Zeigler's highlights. But after he started playing here, I realized he couldn't shoot at all. And that's why I now compare highlights to their stats. For example, I was not excited by Chaplin and Caleb Murphy. Both could jump through the roof and were extremely quick, but they were lousy shooters.

I know what Jennings brings from history. I saw Williams' stats before I saw any highlights. I questioned whether he had the skills to duplicate it at this level. All I needed to see was the first play from the highlight that Dave posted to say, oh yeah, this guy has it. And again, 61% 2FG%!!! That is unheard of for a guard, even at that level. As for CJ Brown, the highlights are amazing but I have difficulty finding stats. I think I found something months ago that showed his 3pt% around 25%; but I can't seem to find it now. I saw an interview with him recently where he said that his shooting it the part of his game that he continues to work on and wants to improve. But he is extremely quick and can get by guys to get to the rim to score; so, I like that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

Its hard to assess the replacements as to whether they are better compared to what we lost, but Coach Rahim has earned goodwill, and I trust that he knows what he is doing evaluating talent and recruiting.

• Topic Count:  1,035
  • Content Count:  7,516
  • Days Won:  10

On 4/18/2024 at 2:27 PM, Professor BullDawg said:

Karter has recommitted to Calipari at Arkansas.