• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any word on if an extension has been offered to CAAR?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,709
  • Days Won:  108

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

I have been buying season tickets to both for decades.  Has nothing to do with NIL  Like some, I cheer for USF.  I don’t cheer for the player NIL agents or the collectives, it feels wrong to me.  It could be a generational thing.    

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Same here. I buy football season tickets and donate directly to projects  that benefit football  progra. such as the ipf and ocs. I will never pay nil. It is only a matter of time a nil player that leaves a university will get sued for money back. Everyone is welcome to spend their own money any way they desire.

At some point, assuming paying the players is here to stay, the schools will have to figure a way to combine Bulls Club donations and collective donations in recognizing donor levels.

I'm pretty sure the Fowler Collective is recognized as a charity as of a couple of months ago. I found that interesting.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,420
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Why would they give their concession profits to the players when they can simply dupe the fans into paying them so they can keep all the money. I think everyone is on the same page, no problem with the kids getting paid but why are the ones making all the money off of them not paying them.  This model is so ****** up that it has no choice but to collapse into a heaping pile of ****.  

Hell yeah! I think it will eventually get resolved by crashing. Until then I’m gonna continue to eat tons  & drink up as much whiskey to help USF. Go Bulls!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Hell yeah! I think it will eventually get resolved by crashing. Until then I’m gonna continue to eat tons  & drink up as much whiskey to help USF. Go Bulls!!!

Sounds like a plan however hope your liver and blood sugar levels don’t fail you prior to the collapse. 

• Haha 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, BigSteve said:

In the article, it stated that he was in contact with Louisville.  That’s a fact.  I’m not saying he was in serious talks but he did contact another school (and a higher paying gig).  Nothing wrong with that but let’s not pretend Coach didn’t talk to any other schools as some have suggested on here.

Unless I'm missing something it says nothing about him contacting another school. What it said was pretty ambiguous and can be interpreted in a few ways ...

“Louisville? Not getting Dusty May. It’s search has kind of been recalibrated a bit here,” said Norlander. “Shaheen Holloway of Seton Hall has been involved, Amir Abdur-Rahim from South Florida has been involved”

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm pretty sure the Fowler Collective is recognized as a charity as of a couple of months ago. I found that interesting.

Ha.  That would be news.  I know the ASU (Arizona State) collective tried to do the same thing, but I thought they got shut down. I have to look it up.

Their basis for becoming a charity or a nonprofit was that their NIL money would go to athetes doing pro bono work in the communities you know, picking up trash, mowing yards, painting houses and stuff like that.  Haha   

I haven’t heard of that happening actually at all.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

If Louisville contacted him and he said he wasn't interested, the story would end there.  Obviously, there was communication between Coach and Louisville (who contacted who first is up for debate).  It doesn't matter now-- he's our Coach for next season and I hope for years beyond.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

If Louisville contacted him and he said he wasn't interested, the story would end there.  Obviously, there was communication between Coach and Louisville (who contacted who first is up for debate).  It doesn't matter now-- he's our Coach for next season and I hope for years beyond.  

That isn't obvious based on that article. But you're right it doesn't matter whether he was in contact or not .. he wasn't going there or any other big time program .... 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

At some point, assuming paying the players is here to stay, the schools will have to figure a way to combine Bulls Club donations and collective donations in recognizing donor levels.

36 minutes ago, Brad said:

Ha.  That would be news.  I know the ASU (Arizona State) collective tried to do the same thing, but I thought they got shut down. I have to look it up.

Their basis for becoming a charity or a nonprofit was that their NIL money would go to athetes doing pro bono work in the communities you know, picking up trash, mowing yards, painting houses and stuff like that.  Haha   

I haven’t heard of that happening actually at all.  

• Is myno

WWW.FOWLERAVENUE.COM

Get access to private events, USF player Q&As, limited-run swag, training camps, and more as...
    membership or one time contribution tax deductible?

No, Fowler AveNos not a non-profit charitable 501(c)3 organization. But, if your business becomes a supporter and official partner of Fowler Avenue, it may qualify as an advertising or marketing expense. Please, as always, check with your attorney or accountant as every business may be different.

No, Fowler Avenue is not a non-profit charitable 501(c)3 organization. But, if your business becomes a supporter and official partner of Fowler Avenue, it may qualify as an advertising or marketing expense. Please, as always, check with your attorney or accountant as every business may be different.

Edited by olafberserker

Not sure what happened here, but it is not a charitable organization per the website

No, Fowler Avenue is not a non-profit charitable 501(c)3 organization. But, if your business becomes a supporter and official partner of Fowler Avenue, it may qualify as an advertising or marketing expense. Please, as always, check with your attorney or accountant as every business may be different.

Edited by olafberserker

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,420
  • Days Won:  43

As the great Irish Kevin would say…… Who gives a sh$t!!