• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any word on if an extension has been offered to CAAR?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,473
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Did he?  Was there mention of him having contact with other teams? 

No

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,020
  • Days Won:  469

I didn't think so.  So to suggest he was out there shopping himself makes it okay for his players to do the same is faulty rationale.

Coaches are going to coach because they love to do it.  This turnover in roster is ridiculous and doesn't end in the best outcome generally speaking for players and for the university.

With that said, I hope Pryor gets his $39,000 and picks up a fly ride.  This alleged future NBA player may never have the chance again...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I didn't think so.  So to suggest he was out there shopping himself makes it okay for his players to do the same is faulty rationale.

Coaches are going to coach because they love to do it.  This turnover in roster is ridiculous and doesn't end in the best outcome generally speaking for players and for the university.

With that said, I hope Pryor gets his $39,000 and picks up a fly ride.  This alleged future NBA player may never have the chance again...

lol coaches jump at the chance to improve their position financially just like anyone else in this world. where was CAAR's loyalty to KSU?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,473
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

lol coaches jump at the chance to improve their position financially just like anyone else in this world. where was CAAR's loyalty to KSU?

Lets Go Agree GIF by Bounce

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

Then go pro and give up the free education

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

He's on a contract with a known buyout in a known business.  An adult that creates value.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,602
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

1 hour ago, Brad said:

He's on a contract with a known buyout in a known business.  An adult that creates value.

With no loyalty if he has a chance to improve his position, financially and/or otherwise. How is that different from what some of the players are doing?

The players aren't coaches...?

The student-athletes are students, at USF (or other institutions) and there to learn enough to obtain a degree and have a chance to be something in their life.  Monetizing student-athletes and creating free agency is the exact opposite of what an educational institution should be doing.  It's not their domain.  It's been said a number of times.  If you want to get paid to play basketball, go play pro ball.  It's a lost cause now, but the NCAA and its member institutions would be far better off modeling integrity and not changing the game as a desperate attempt to have their own highly paid club teams each season.  I don't think this is the mission of a university.  How can any institution of higher learning put education behind pro sports on campus?

Oh, Loyalty, yeah.  Loyalty is to a team, to your teammates.  It's a lost art today.  Now everyone is in it for themselves and for that reason college basketball and football is tainted. 

Some will lose interest, others will ***** about not enough money to compete with the Top 10 teams.  Perhaps when there are fewer paid amateur opportunities around the nation for all our wanna be ballers, they'll let the adults back in the room.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Billions are being made by sport networks, analysts, companies running commercials during games. universities, the gambling industry, coaches, recruiters, and everyone and everything in between. I am totally fine for players to get a piece of that big money pie. I think players create enormous value. Isn't every school looking for the next great athlete to take their school to the next level. Think Tebow and the Gators, or Brown or other star USF players in the past. We cant forget a lot of players wont make any money playing the sport they love after college due to not being good enough for the pros or injuries they sustained while in school.

I hate that we lost our best players to the NIL, but we just need to figure out how to sign and collect money for the Nil so we can keep our best players and/or sign new ones.

I do believe once we get into the ACC this wont become as big of a problem .

Sorry for the rant but got like 3 hours of sleep over the last 3 days after a crazy Coachella weekend

Go Bulls!!!!

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

I am totally fine for players to get a piece of that big money pie.

Sure you are.  You didn't create the system, risk the capital, invest heavily, any of it.  It's a feel good any fan can have.