• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any word on if an extension has been offered to CAAR?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Getting to a point now that they can wait a little longer for the extension. 

Well if some how we make the tournament this year he will be gone. That would be 2 years in arrow of putting a winning roster together.And with the portal the way it is they see that as a skill

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Thanks. I guess I'm not sure I'd call that real proof of entertaining job openings but I understand where you're coming from.

In the article, it stated that he was in contact with Louisville.  That’s a fact.  I’m not saying he was in serious talks but he did contact another school (and a higher paying gig).  Nothing wrong with that but let’s not pretend Coach didn’t talk to any other schools as some have suggested on here.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Brad said:

Same.  

Part of my desire for a even playing field and court. 

if it just comes down to who can empty the most out of their bank accounts, we have to understand that this is not sustainable and it’s just plain insane.  NIL has turned into asking fans for more money with no stake (or earnings) in the business.

I agree— fans give money and then we lose our players anyway, and then fans are encouraged to give again and again with “no stake in the business”.  I think this is what is holding people back.  They don’t care about swag bags.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,408
  • Days Won:  43

44 minutes ago, Brad said:

Same.  

Part of my desire for a even playing field and court. 

if it just comes down to who can empty the most out of their bank accounts, we have to understand that this is not sustainable and it’s just plain insane.  NIL has turned into asking fans for more money with no stake (or earnings) in the business.

Once that OCS opens I’m planning on buying tons of concessions. And if they want to add some of that to the NIL then I’m fine with it. As long as I get to eat I won’t get too hangry!! 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, BigSteve said:

Whether we agree or don’t agree on NIL, it’s here.  Buy tickets or don’t buy tickets.  Cheer for USF or whine all the time.  

I don’t like professional sports anymore.  I choose not to watch them.  If you don’t like the current state of college sports, don’t watch them.

I choose to buy tickets and cheer.  I won’t get dragged into the negativity on this board.

So you choose not to?

5 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Billions are being made by sport networks, analysts, companies running commercials during games. universities, the gambling industry, coaches, recruiters, and everyone and everything in between. I am totally fine for players to get a piece of that big money pie. I think players create enormous value. Isn't every school looking for the next great athlete to take their school to the next level. Think Tebow and the Gators, or Brown or other star USF players in the past. We cant forget a lot of players wont make any money playing the sport they love after college due to not being good enough for the pros or injuries they sustained while in school.

I hate that we lost our best players to the NIL, but we just need to figure out how to sign and collect money for the Nil so we can keep our best players and/or sign new ones.

I do believe once we get into the ACC this wont become as big of a problem .

Sorry for the rant but got like 3 hours of sleep over the last 3 days after a crazy Coachella weekend

Go Bulls!!!!

They're not getting a "piece of that big money pie"

If they're creating such enormous value, then go sell their Name and Likeness and get paid

If they are good enough now to make money playing a sport then go pro.  If not then go to college (often times for free), get an education, and develop your game and your self.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, BigSteve said:

Whether we agree or don’t agree on NIL, it’s here.  Buy tickets or don’t buy tickets.  Cheer for USF or whine all the time.  

I have been buying season tickets to both for decades.  Has nothing to do with NIL  Like some, I cheer for USF.  I don’t cheer for the player NIL agents or the collectives, it feels wrong to me.  It could be a generational thing.    

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,518
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

I have been buying season tickets to both for decades.  Has nothing to do with NIL  Like some, I cheer for USF.  I don’t cheer for the player NIL agents or the collectives, it feels wrong to me.  It could be a generational thing.    

Same here. I buy football season tickets and donate directly to projects  that benefit football  progra. such as the ipf and ocs. I will never pay nil. It is only a matter of time a nil player that leaves a university will get sued for money back. Everyone is welcome to spend their own money any way they desire.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

54 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Once that OCS opens I’m planning on buying tons of concessions. And if they want to add some of that to the NIL then I’m fine with it. As long as I get to eat I won’t get too hangry!! 

Why would they give their concession profits to the players when they can simply dupe the fans into paying them so they can keep all the money. I think everyone is on the same page, no problem with the kids getting paid but why are the ones making all the money off of them not paying them.  This model is so ****** up that it has no choice but to collapse into a heaping pile of ****.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BigSteve said:

In the article, it stated that he was in contact with Louisville.  That’s a fact.  I’m not saying he was in serious talks but he did contact another school (and a higher paying gig).  Nothing wrong with that but let’s not pretend Coach didn’t talk to any other schools as some have suggested on here.

I must have missed that statement

And I'm not sure people have said he (or more likely his agent) didn't talk to other schools, but I and many others have said it was doubtful he was going anywhere this offseason.  Putting feelers out is one thing ... actually having a realistic chance at a significant jump is another

• Upvote 1