• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any word on if an extension has been offered to CAAR?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,729
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/8/2024 at 11:03 PM, BigSteve said:

I am a little confused why a lot of fans think the Coach will leave

Probably because USF fans found out how awesome he is, and we are worried that the rest of college basketball figured that out too. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/10/2024 at 11:28 AM, flsportsfan83 said:

from who? There are no jobs open that he has any chance at.

Exactly.  He isn't leaving.  If he works wonders in the portal and makes the big dance next season, he'll be gone for sure.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

Pope to Kentucky (finally someone take the gig) ... will make BYU open .... let the speculation begin....

WWW.ESPN.COM

A former Kentucky player, BYU's Mark Pope is finalizing a five-year deal to be the Wildcats' next head coach, sources told ESPN.

8 hours ago, BigSteve said:

Exactly.  He isn't leaving.  If he works wonders in the portal and makes the big dance next season, he'll be gone for sure.

Still wouldn't be a given

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,473
  • Days Won:  13

16 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Pope to Kentucky (finally someone take the gig) ... will make BYU open .... let the speculation begin....

WWW.ESPN.COM

A former Kentucky player, BYU's Mark Pope is finalizing a five-year deal to be the Wildcats' next head coach, sources told ESPN.

Still wouldn't be a given

CAAR would be an odd fit at BYU, but depending on who BYU hires it's possible. My guess is BYU hires an asst or a head coach at our level. Pope to UK prob means those dominos will not effect USF. We are almost in the clear.

59 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

CAAR would be an odd fit at BYU, but depending on who BYU hires it's possible. My guess is BYU hires an asst or a head coach at our level. Pope to UK prob means those dominos will not effect USF. We are almost in the clear.

We're good

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  362
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, olafberserker said:

11 hours ago, BigSteve said:

I agree. I think since we didn’t make the ncaa tournament and we only got to the 2nd round of the NIT, we are less likely to lose him this year. if this coming up season we make the NCAA tournament I think he will be gone.Honestly next years team might be better all the way around with a real center, he gets one good solid shooting guard or small forward that can make the 3 and drive to the basket and we have a great chance not only to win but for him to be gone.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

I agree. I think since we didn’t make the ncaa tournament and we only got to the 2nd round of the NIT, we are less likely to lose him this year. if this coming up season we make the NCAA tournament I think he will be gone.Honestly next years team might be better all the way around with a real center, he gets one good solid shooting guard or small forward that can make the 3 and drive to the basket and we have a great chance not only to win but for him to be gone.

Bull94 will tell you that we don't need a true center. Like UConn and Purdue didn't need one.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Bull94 will tell you that we don't need a true center. Like UConn and Purdue didn't need one.

I have to admit that I was watching that game and NC State in the semis wondering why those guys weren't given the memo ..... 😅

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  362
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I think the reason we didn’t make the NCAA tournament and lost in the 2nd round of the NIT is because we didn’t have a true center. With a True center we wouldn’t have lost to UAB twice they were just bigger inside, the same with VCU. 

If we would have kept all 3 players and added the center we just got we would been a top 25 team next year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  775
  • Days Won:  2

21 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I was going to say the same thing. Look at the teams in last year's final 4 as well. 3 of the 4 all had true centers.