• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any word on if an extension has been offered to CAAR?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  775
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

I think the reason we didn’t make the NCAA tournament and lost in the 2nd round of the NIT is because we didn’t have a true center. With a True center we wouldn’t have lost to UAB twice they were just bigger inside, the same with VCU. 

If we would have kept all 3 players and added the center we just got we would been a top 25 team next year. 

We will be a top 25 team next year because we will be a better squad next year. My guess is that we will be picked first in the conference and just may be a pre-season top 25 team. If not, we will crack it early. 

Jennings will make fans quickly forget about Miguel. Brown will make fans quickly forget about CY. And Reynolds will make fans quickly forget about Pryor. And recruitment isn't over.

I can't state enough how impressed I am with Reynolds' skills, especially his ability to shoot with both hands equally well down low. In his highlight video, he hits 5-6 shots with his left. One was off the backboard and the others were nothing but net. He can hit the 3 and is bigger, stronger, and has better hops than Pryor. For entertainment value, his dunks are also more awesome than Pryor's. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,601
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

We will be a top 25 team next year because we will be a better squad next year. My guess is that we will be picked first in the conference and just may be a pre-season top 25 team. If not, we will crack it early. 

Jennings will make fans quickly forget about Miguel. Brown will make fans quickly forget about CY. And Reynolds will make fans quickly forget about Pryor. And recruitment isn't over.

I can't state enough how impressed I am with Reynolds' skills, especially his ability to shoot with both hands equally well down low. In his highlight video, he hits 5-6 shots with his left. One was off the backboard and the others were nothing but net. He can hit the 3 and is bigger, stronger, and has better hops than Pryor. For entertainment value, his dunks are also more awesome than Pryor's. 

I would be shocked if either of those become a reality, unless voters haven't been paying attention. I figure at least UAB and Memphis will be favored over in conference .......unless CAAR goes ape **** crazy with the portal.

Doesn't mean that's the way the season will play out but the perception/reality is that we've lost 50+ points a game.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  362
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

As of now I don’t think we will be picked preseason top 25 or be picked to win the American.   Depending on who else he picks up maybe.I really like Reynolds’s as well.

Jennings seems good from what I’av seen in film those were highlights though, but he hasn’t had the numbers to convince me he’s as good as Miguel.

Brown I have to wait to see him play in the college level to judge honestly. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,473
  • Days Won:  13

Memphis will be the large favorite to win the AAC

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Doesn't mean that's the way the season will play out but the perception/reality is that we've lost 50+ points a game.

And that was the perception/reality last year as well. After what CAAR did at KSU, followed by what he did here a year later, I have difficulty believing that voters would have the same perception. Last year, he came into a situation with only 3 players from the previous year, plus 3 that went with him. He will have 6 players this year from this past year.

I also believe that CAAR is going to have some surprising and impressive players coming in soon. He has been dropping hints in his twitter videos. Players want to play for winners. All CAAR has to do is show what he did in 2 consecutive seasons or say talk to my current or former players about what type of coach I am and the culture we have.

Malique, are you listening?

2 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

Jennings seems good from what I’av seen in film those were highlights though, but he hasn’t had the numbers to convince me he’s as good as Miguel.

Do you realize that his numbers over his first 3 years are better than Miguel's over the same period? Miguel had 27 games this year where he had double-digit field goal attempts. In his last year, Jennings did not have a single game with at least 10 field goal attempts. Meanwhile Miguel had 15 games with at least 10 FGA the same year under CBG. Miguel may appear to be better just purely on volume.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/13/2024 at 11:34 AM, panchosanchez99 said:

Does an extension even matter? Dusty May left FAU with a huge contract.  Calipari had a lifelong contract.  I guess the buyout money is nice to pay the next coach but let's not kid ourselves that a contract will keep Coach around for x amount of years.  He's gonna leave for the next best gig-- I hope he doesn't but the fact that he entertained job openings shows he knows how the game is played.

We can offer an extension and raise and hope he enjoys living here.  Hope can be a dangerous thing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,473
  • Days Won:  13

7 hours ago, BigSteve said:

Does an extension even matter? Dusty May left FAU with a huge contract.  Calipari had a lifelong contract.  I guess the buyout money is nice to pay the next coach but let's not kid ourselves that a contract will keep Coach around for x amount of years.  He's gonna leave for the next best gig-- I hope he doesn't but the fact that he entertained job openings shows he knows how the game is played.

We can offer an extension and raise and hope he enjoys living here.  Hope can be a dangerous thing.

the extension has benefits for both sides. Give him some extra cash, but increase the buyout. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

My guess is we'll be picked preseason 3rd or 4th in American. 

Memphis

UAB

USF

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,020
  • Days Won:  469

9 hours ago, BigSteve said:

I hope he doesn't but the fact that he entertained job openings shows he knows how the game is played.

Did he?  Was there mention of him having contact with other teams?