• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on YC parking?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

The one negative of the three sellouts.  It feels that we do not have adequate resources prior to the game to get cars to the right areas.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,455
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, monktified said:

The one negative of the three sellouts.  It feels that we do not have adequate resources prior to the game to get cars to the right areas.

I have had zero issues. The key is to park close to the exit and walk to the YC. Done of these games has taken me more than 5 mins to get back on Fowler. If you want to park closer to the doors, expect to wait. 

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, monktified said:

It also probably didnt help that unlike those previous two sold out games earlier, this one was a day classes were in session.  I saw the map for parking yesterday and they definitely had to spread out the parking.

I was only at the FAU game.  I came in own Fowler and turned on Elm Street and came in behind the Indoor Practice facility and ended up parking in General Admission that may have been the issue with the slow moving traffic.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

4 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

It also probably didnt help that unlike those previous two sold out games earlier, this one was a day classes were in session.  I saw the map for parking yesterday and they definitely had to spread out the parking.

And a work day, so people come later since they had to get out of work and possibly grab a quick dinner ahead of time. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,726

I have a few lessons learned from last night's game that I'll have to remember for next season (since those will all be sold out games too, of course). Namely, don't try to go the back way unless you have lot 6 parking, arrive as early as possible, and Go Bulls! 😎

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Personally have never been to any venue anywhere, sports related, where exiting doesn't take a while. It seems you guys are so used to losing and 2-3k fans that you think there should be more exit lines. PSA - THERE'S NOT.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,726

Exiting was pretty easy for us last night. We stayed for the championship celebration and net cutting instead of waiting in the parking lot. By the time we left the parking lot madhouse had mostly settled down. 

PXL_20240306_022455310.jpg

• Go Bulls! 1

My comment was more dealing with the traffic prior to tip-off.  Could care less about waiting to leave, the FAU game seemed like I spent 15-20 minutes on ELM trying to even get to any parking lot.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  830
  • Days Won:  1

Traffic for sporting events is not something we've had to deal with consistently. The school will adjust with new parking flows and/or infrastructure. That said, any time you have an event with thousands of people, there will never be a perfect answer. Waiting in line to park for USF basketball is the happiest I've ever waiting in a parking line in a long time (granted, you're early enough you aren't going to miss much). 

• Upvote 1