• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on YC parking?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

Its a hard drive from Orlando traffic is so unpredictable. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  146

We got there 30 minutes before the game, no one was directing traffic, there was no flow from full lots to the next it was an absolute mess which was odd because the game before they did this.

We ended up getting in 4 minutes into the game because we had to leave the entire campus and go back in and ended behind the baseball fields outfield fence.    I also noticed the upper levels slowly filled as the game progressed so I can only assume that we weren't the only ones.

If the university can't park 10k for basetball I won't go near the place 50k for football sounds like pure misery.

Edited by stonedonkey
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  665

No issues really, however need to arrive at least 1 hour before tip off.

The only two times I had to circle around a couple of times for parking I arrived 30 mins to tip off. One of those games was definitely not a sell out but was during the week. So I think that had something to do with it.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

Got there 30 minutes early and easily parked in the YC Lot.  

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

32 minutes ago, stonedonkey said:

We got there 30 minutes before the game, no one was directing traffic, there was no flow from full lots to the next it was an absolute mess which was odd because the game before they did this.

We ended up getting in 4 minutes into the game because we had to leave the entire campus and go back in and ended behind the baseball fields outfield fence.    I also noticed the upper levels slowly filled as the game progressed so I can only assume that we weren't the only ones.

If the university can't park 10k for basetball I won't go near the place 50k for football sounds like pure misery.

Football is different for a couple reasons. 

Most games do not align with classes. 

And -I have been to over half the FBC schools home games. People treat football like the whole campus is the parking lot. Meaning people will be parking over by engineering, the MSC, fine art, all over the place, and either walking or taking a shuttle bus. 

For basketball everyone drives to the arena. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

Last night they did not charge for parking or look at passes in the business lot and the one south of that next to Fowler field.  Assume this was to aid the flow in for students going to class.  That helped immensely, got in a space within 1 minute from coming in the main entrance around 45 minutes before tip.  Not sure if they were charging or checking for YC lot.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, monktified said:

The one negative of the three sellouts.  It feels that we do not have adequate resources prior to the game to get cars to the right areas.

It's certainly an issue when the game is played on a weeknight.

I thought the flow of traffic was fine for the 2 Sunday games.

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

One thing that needs to change is the attendants that are stopping cars coming from 50th at Elm and Sycamore.  Are causing a backup all the way to 50th, meaning that 50th Street traffic comes to a complete stop in both directions from cars waiting to turn onto Elm.  

They need to put a sign both ways on 50th that turning on Elm is for Lot 6 only.  Parking for the Sycamore spaces/lots should have cars come in on Holly.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

3 hours ago, monktified said:

My comment was more dealing with the traffic prior to tip-off.  Could care less about waiting to leave, the FAU game seemed like I spent 15-20 minutes on ELM trying to even get to any parking lot.

Elm Street is not the way to come in.

Enter from Fowler as Alumni has two lanes in each direction.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

37 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Enter from Fowler as Alumni has two lanes in each direction.

The way the direction flow has been utilized for the last 3 games did not provide access to Lot 6 (North lot) from this direction.