• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on YC parking?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

For the Sunday games I parked (probably illegally) at MOSI and had no problem at all arriving or leaving the game. Last night I came on campus via BBD and parked in the garage by the student center and went out the same way. Again no problem at all

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170

I mean we have to find something to complain about this season right????

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

18 hours ago, John Lewis said:

The way the direction flow has been utilized for the last 3 games did not provide access to Lot 6 (North lot) from this direction.

No, but the main Sun Dome ... er Y.C.  ... lots are far easier to access than Lot 6 ... but did they incoming divert traffic on Bull Run to prevent Lot 6 access?

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

No, but the main Sun Dome ... er Y.C.  ... lots are far easier to access than Lot 6 ... but did they incoming divert traffic on Bull Run to prevent Lot 6 access?

Yes. 

Lot 6 is for season ticket members who are Arena Club/Floor seat holders. Lot 6 is also where the Iron Bulls park as well.

13 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Yes. 

Now that's just silly.  Hopefully lessons learned from these three games.

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221

10 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Now that's just silly.  Hopefully lessons learned from these three games.

How is that silly? Arena Club/floor seat holders/Iron Bulls (and Hardwood Club members) pay thousands of dollars to be in those areas at the YC and for the ability to have reserved parking. Given that my spouse has limited mobility, and I’m a disabled veteran, we utilize the handicapped parking spots in Lot 6 for closer access to the gates.  We’ve been MBB STHs for 11 years (10 for WBB), and have also paid thousands of dollars to support the Bulls thru thick and thin (and there has been some bad basketball at times). So no, I don’t think it is “silly” to allow for some form of controlled access to and from Lot 6 for some of the strongest supporters of USF Athletics, especially for certain boosters named Muma, Nelson, Fishman, etc who also park there.

Go Bulls

12 minutes ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

How is that silly? Arena Club/floor seat holders/Iron Bulls (and Hardwood Club members) pay thousands of dollars to be in those areas at the YC and for the ability to have reserved parking. Given that my spouse has limited mobility, and I’m a disabled veteran, we utilize the handicapped parking spots in Lot 6 for closer access to the gates.  We’ve been MBB STHs for 11 years (10 for WBB), and have also paid thousands of dollars to support the Bulls thru thick and thin (and there has been some bad basketball at times). So no, I don’t think it is “silly” to allow for some form of controlled access to and from Lot 6 for some of the strongest supporters of USF Athletics, especially for certain boosters named Muma, Nelson, Fishman, etc who also park there.

Go Bulls

Blocking access from Fowler -> Lot 6 is silly.  Bull Run is two lines wide in each direction... those donors should be able to use Fowler, enter on Bull Run, and go to their spots.

They should not be forced to use 50th street to Elm Street, where they have single lanes... especially if non donors think they can park on Sycamore from the same entrance.

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221

23 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Blocking access from Fowler -> Lot 6 is silly.  Bull Run is two lines wide in each direction... those donors should be able to use Fowler, enter on Bull Run, and go to their spots.

They should not be forced to use 50th street to Elm Street, where they have single lanes... especially if non donors think they can park on Sycamore from the same entrance.

We’re all entitled to our own opinion. That’s what this board is all about.  However, let me point out some factors for consideration.

if non-donors assume that they can park in Lot 6, but then find out they can’t, then that’s on them. The Internet is a great tool for doing research before arriving on campus.  A better solution for them would be to become STH’s, so then they can park in Lot 6 if they really want to park there. They better hurry up, though, as I suspect that season ticket sales will increase, and it may get harder to park there. 

You’re also assuming that everyone that parks in Lot 6 is coming to USF from the west or south and would therefore use Bull Run. That assumption is not valid, as some coming to USF from the north would presumably use I-75, then take Fletcher or Fowler to 50th. I’ve used Elm to get to Lot 6 by way of 50th and Fowler for years. That’s because I live east of USF, and I know I’m not the only one that lives east of USF that parks in Lot 6.

Another factor to consider is vehicle flow and pedestrian traffic. Allowing a left turn movement from Bull Run onto Elm increases the potential for an accident in the intersection due to vehicles pulling out in front of others. Cars waiting for their tickets to be scanned to get into Lot 6  sometimes back up into the intersection even at games with the usual attendance (3-4k). Add in the pedestrian traffic crossing Bull Run and then the crosswalk over Elm at the intersection, and the potential for accidents increases further.  These observations are based on my years of experience accessing Lot 6. But hey, what do I know?

I haven’t heard any complaints from any of the “Lot 6ers” about the closed intersection while standing in line waiting to get into Gate C. Given that many complain about darn near everything (myself included at times),  the fact that I haven’t any complaints after 3 sold-out games tells me that it’s not an issue with those that use Lot 6.

BTW - Do you use Lot 6? Asking because I don’t recall seeing “Jim Johnson”  on any Iron Bulls signs that are posted in front of the parking spaces in Lot 6 on gameday. I will admit that I only see the signs on the first drive aisle, across from the handicapped parking. 

I’ve made my points. If you want to continue the discussion, go for it…

Go Bulls

11 hours ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

We’re all entitled to our own opinion. That’s what this board is all about.  However, let me point out some factors for consideration.

if non-donors assume that they can park in Lot 6, but then find out they can’t, then that’s on them. The Internet is a great tool for doing research before arriving on campus.  A better solution for them would be to become STH’s, so then they can park in Lot 6 if they really want to park there. They better hurry up, though, as I suspect that season ticket sales will increase, and it may get harder to park there. 

You’re also assuming that everyone that parks in Lot 6 is coming to USF from the west or south and would therefore use Bull Run. That assumption is not valid, as some coming to USF from the north would presumably use I-75, then take Fletcher or Fowler to 50th. I’ve used Elm to get to Lot 6 by way of 50th and Fowler for years. That’s because I live east of USF, and I know I’m not the only one that lives east of USF that parks in Lot 6.

Another factor to consider is vehicle flow and pedestrian traffic. Allowing a left turn movement from Bull Run onto Elm increases the potential for an accident in the intersection due to vehicles pulling out in front of others. Cars waiting for their tickets to be scanned to get into Lot 6  sometimes back up into the intersection even at games with the usual attendance (3-4k). Add in the pedestrian traffic crossing Bull Run and then the crosswalk over Elm at the intersection, and the potential for accidents increases further.  These observations are based on my years of experience accessing Lot 6. But hey, what do I know?

I haven’t heard any complaints from any of the “Lot 6ers” about the closed intersection while standing in line waiting to get into Gate C. Given that many complain about darn near everything (myself included at times),  the fact that I haven’t any complaints after 3 sold-out games tells me that it’s not an issue with those that use Lot 6.

BTW - Do you use Lot 6? Asking because I don’t recall seeing “Jim Johnson”  on any Iron Bulls signs that are posted in front of the parking spaces in Lot 6 on gameday. I will admit that I only see the signs on the first drive aisle, across from the handicapped parking. 

I’ve made my points. If you want to continue the discussion, go for it…

Go Bulls

Dude... I never said anything about ONLY using Bull Run. Why not use BOTH roads and two options for donors?  And if the choke point is the ticket scanning, add a second location:  One on Elm Street and one on Bull Run.

This kind of inefficiency will be more problematic when the football stadium opens, so ... as I said ... I hope USF learns some lessons from the traffic flow.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

On 3/7/2024 at 10:20 PM, Jim Johnson said:

I wouldn’t call it blocking. It’s re routing for the Lot 6 parking pass members and it does help ease traffic flow for them.

The one issue with the re routing that @Ricky the Bull brought up was to have better signage coming off of 50rh Street and I would agree that it is needed, especially if there are weeknight sellouts.