• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big Series in Orlando

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the game. He played it poorly but I also think he was positioned wrong as he was way off the line and so was the left fielder. It was a 3-2 count with 2 outs so the runner was moving on the pitch. If we protect the line and the ball goes through the hole, the runner would still have been held at 3rd. Once it got by him down the line, there was no way the left fielder was going to get to the ball in time. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

If there is anything that we have learned in the past year it’s that firing coaches is the solution to every problem…

Yeah a coach that drops 2/3 against UCF in winnable games is digging himself into a hole early. Sooner or it later  AD MK will have to fire him  if he cant win or have his tem show up consistently . Back to 0.500 for an underperforming coach. Four of our wins are against MARIST. We need to figure it out or it is going to be a longer season. Coach MOHL has time to fix it, but it is running out.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, 84Bull said:

I was at the game. He played it poorly but I also think he was positioned wrong as he was way off the line and so was the left fielder. It was a 3-2 count with 2 outs so the runner was moving on the pitch. If we protect the line and the ball goes through the hole, the runner would still have been held at 3rd. Once it got by him down the line, there was no way the left fielder was going to get to the ball in time. 

I noticed him shifted over towards the hole too and yep he backed up and let the ball play him.   He was closer to the ball at that point than the LF.  He screwed the pooch.   Not sure how much experience he has at 3B

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/2/2024 at 7:24 PM, Brad said:

I heard a rumor that CAAR might have played baseball at some point in his childhood. 

Does CAAR or CAG have any relatives that coach college baseball? Asking for a friend…

• Haha 2

USF's losses so far have been to teams with a combined record of 30-10.  That includes 3-6 UConn who went 1-5 against Cal and Auburn on the road.   FSU and UCF are a combined 18-1 (ucf's only loss to us).  

The best record in the conference right now is Wichita State at 7-3 (5 of those wins against Little Rock and something called Utah Tech) with Tulane (a win against Nichols and 3 against Yale) and ECU at 7-4.

So, a little early to put dirt on this team, this year.   

Everyone already knows that we've had back to back losing seasons and that Mohl is gone if we do not have success this year so we probably don't need to post it every time we lose a game 🙄

Edited by olafberserker

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

USF's losses so far have been to teams with a combined record of 30-10.  That includes 3-6 UConn who went 1-5 against Cal and Auburn on the road.   FSU and UCF are a combined 18-1 (ucf's only loss to us).  

The best record in the conference right now is Wichita State at 7-3 (5 of those wins against Little Rock and something called Utah Tech) with Tulane (a win against Nichols and 3 against Yale) and ECU at 7-4.

Everyone already knows that we've had back to back losing seasons and that Mohl is gone if we do not have success this year so we probably don't need to post it every time we lose a game 🙄

I think we are an above .500 team this year (in conference) Our pitching looks pretty **** good and the offense will come around. Lots of balls in play today just one of those games...

3 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

I think we are an above .500 team this year (in conference) Our pitching looks pretty **** good and the offense will come around. Lots of balls in play today just one of those games...

Same with Friday.  Lined into 2 double plays and an error led to the tying run being scored.

That close to a sweep

Richard Pryor Kinda GIF

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,120
  • Days Won:  56

Time to start coming out on the right side of the scoreboard. If the pitching holds up, we have a chance to get it going. Five games this week. We need to get most of them and get some confidence going.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,448
  • Days Won:  19

10 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Time to start coming out on the right side of the scoreboard. If the pitching holds up, we have a chance to get it going. Five games this week. We need to get most of them and get some confidence going.

As with football and basketball, "almost" is no longer good enough and cannot be the standard for USF.  I hope they can turn it on soon.  I am rooting for this staff to stick around and be the ones who build that success.

Go Bulls!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, olafberserker said:

You were the only one advocating about how great of a coach he is and deserved an extra year.  Coach hasn't delivered so far this season and should be coaching for his job not giving away two winnable gams. Anyone who looks at his record overall and the team trending down  over the last two years without bias knows Mohl should have been let go. The team is still struggling  to win and if he doesn't go over 0.500 in conference and overall he should be fired.

Edited by Outlaw