• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big Series in Orlando

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

46 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

You were the only one advocating about how great of a coach he is and deserved an extra year.  

This is 100% false.   You're lies are getting old.  Move along

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, olafberserker said:

USF's losses so far have been to teams with a combined record of 30-10.  That includes 3-6 UConn who went 1-5 against Cal and Auburn on the road.   FSU and UCF are a combined 18-1 (ucf's only loss to us).  

The best record in the conference right now is Wichita State at 7-3 (5 of those wins against Little Rock and something called Utah Tech) with Tulane (a win against Nichols and 3 against Yale) and ECU at 7-4.

So, a little early to put dirt on this team, this year.   

Everyone already knows that we've had back to back losing seasons and that Mohl is gone if we do not have success this year so we probably don't need to post it every time we lose a game 🙄

But if we don't yell fire the coach after every loss, we can't say "Told you so!", if it eventually happens and then continue to beat the dead horse for years to come.   🙄

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know. For two years now (since Super Regional), watching the team play showed glaring fundamental issues which is directly tied to the coach. The mindset, the preparation. Even this weekend, game 1, tied 1-1 in the top of the 8th, 1 out, runner on base - back to back strikeouts looking. "But he was a good pitcher", "the guys were tired", "dirt was in the batters' eyes", "bad call by the ump", whatever the excuse, ending the inning with two straight backwards k's is 100% a coaching issue. We do not have the mentality of playing to win. It's been an epidemic across USF sports for the better part of the decade (except Women's basketball and maybe soccer?), and now that basketball, football, track/field, and volleyball have all turned it around and are playing to win - it stands out that much more for baseball. 

That said, this team is hyper aggressive on the base paths this year and that's sweet. Also the pitching looks improved, but still a bit too early to say. The rotation out of the pen looked really good this weekend. Giving up 8 runs across 3 games, in their park? Let's get some consistency at the plate and this team can be good. 

Edited by USF_Bullsharks
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, olafberserker said:

This is 100% false.   You're lies are getting old.  Move along

What I Said is all facts . Facts don't care about your feelings or opinions. 

Coach has a losing record system usf.

Coach has the team trending down for 2 straight  seasons. 

You advocated for him to come back.

He lost 2/3 against our natural rival in Games that are winnable. 

If he can wint this year he needs to be sent out.

Edited by Outlaw

54 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

What I Said is all facts . Facts don't care about your feelings or opinions.  

You advocated for him to come back.

What I responded to .... in part this ... is 100% false.  You make **** up to make yourself feel better about yourself.   Now move along, you add nothing to the discussion

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,368
  • Days Won:  10

Argument Copying GIF by VTM.be

6 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

What I responded to .... in part this ... is 100% false.  You make **** up to make yourself feel better about yourself.   Now move along, you add nothing to the discussion

Denying reality isn't helping you. Coach has been here for multiple recruiting cycles and isn't winning more games than he loses. Losing by less isn't winning. You win on the scoreboard. Losing 2/3 to ucf is not acceptable and neither is going under 0.500 for a coaches career .

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Denying reality isn't helping you. Coach has been here for multiple recruiting cycles and isn't winning more games than he loses. Losing by less isn't winning. You win on the scoreboard. Losing 2/3 to ucf is not acceptable and neither is going under 0.500 for a coaches career .

Oh No 90S GIF by Acorn TV

11 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

I don't know. For two years now (since Super Regional), watching the team play showed glaring fundamental issues which is directly tied to the coach. The mindset, the preparation. Even this weekend, game 1, tied 1-1 in the top of the 8th, 1 out, runner on base - back to back strikeouts looking. "But he was a good pitcher", "the guys were tired", "dirt was in the batters' eyes", "bad call by the ump", whatever the excuse, ending the inning with two straight backwards k's is 100% a coaching issue. We do not have the mentality of playing to win. It's been an epidemic across USF sports for the better part of the decade (except Women's basketball and maybe soccer?), and now that basketball, football, track/field, and volleyball have all turned it around and are playing to win - it stands out that much more for baseball. 

That said, this team is hyper aggressive on the base paths this year and that's sweet. Also the pitching looks improved, but still a bit too early to say. The rotation out of the pen looked really good this weekend. Giving up 8 runs across 3 games, in their park? Let's get some consistency at the plate and this team can be good. 

Let me try to respond.  I appreciate the fact that you don't come on here with the same crap after every loss and there are actually some baseball takes.   The "fundamentals" aren't really any worse now than they were in Mohl's first year or the 3 years before when he served as an assistant under Kingston.  Watch most college baseball games and you'll see bad "fundamentals".  It's a sign of the times where "measurables" are often more important than fundamentals or even actual production.  I see it all the time.  Try watching a high school game or go out to a travel ball tournament.  It's painful to watch.  And it probably isn't going to get much better.

As for the quotes you called excuses, this is a thread that was started (thanks @JoeB for starting these threads by the way) to discuss the weekend series.   There's all kinds of nuances in sports and baseball and softball move at a pace that allows a fan to see many of them play out in real time.  Talking about the pitcher, the umpire or any other thing isn't an excuse, it's part of the game and so it may come up during a discussion.     

Reality is that hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports and believe it or not the opposing pitchers are trying to get us out as much as our guys are trying to get a hit.   In the situation you mentioned I assume you mean tied 2-2 in the top of the 9th.  The two guys that K'd looking are both struggling at the plate (probably part of why ucf walked Brutcher to get to them).  Gonna go out on a limb and say that Kunkel (the hitting coach) didn't tell them to go up looking at strike 3.   **** happens.  Watch any game and you'll see guys strike out looking at any level.   It sucks, don't want to see it, but it happens.   As I mentioned before, in that game we lined into double plays TWICE.  Either ball goes through we're not discussing the backwards K's.  But they didn't so here we are and that's also part of the game.  But they are definitely not 100% a coaching issue and that wouldn't be on Mohl anyway except by the extension that everything falls on the HC at the end of the day.

I'm not sure how you can say we don't have a mentality to win.  I'm not even sure what that means so I'm not sure how to respond to that, but it sounds kind of silly.  I guess if you are saying we haven't been able to find a way to win enough over the past couple of years I'd agree with that, but we're a little early in this season to decide it's the same old, same old.  Basketball has had one good season.  Football went 7-6.   T/F (ok).  Volleyball? some were trying to run the coach out of town at the beginning of this past season.  Hell, with the football improvement and the MBB current run, I'm surprised most even realize the baseball season started.  I think folks coming here to scream for his head after every loss speaks as much about them as it does about Mohl.

So let's let the year play out for now.   Reality is our record and play hasn't been bad the first 10 games all things considered.  Does it need to be better in the long run, of course.  And before anyone says it AGAIN, if we do not have a successful year (at a minimum make the NCAA tourney), Mohl is gone and we move on.  

Go Bulls!

WE are below average in conference under Mohl 54-72-1 .

WE are below average overall under Mohl 148-158-1 .

His best regular season outside of the crazy tournament run catching lightning in a bottle was his first season.

The team has been trending down and pretty much barely above 0.500 or worse outside of his first year.

image.png.63aa3361afabde2f308b236eebafad8c.png

I do not find this to acceptable be. He should have been replaced, and doesnt seem to have the team moving in the right direction still. I used to go to all the Indians spring training games in my hometown as a kid. I have tons of signed  baseballs full of Indians and Braves players from the childhood years. My favorite ball was the signed ball by the 96 spring training camp braves full of lot sof their world series players and Bobby Cox.  I played baseball and quit in high school to pursue hockey and weightling just found them more fun. Some of my classmates and teammates went on to play professional and college ball. The problem is the teams Mohl coaches seems to find ways to lose games than to win them. If he turns it around then he earns an extra year and if he doesn't catch lightning in a bottle then we paid him for an extra year he didn't earn. I enjoy baseball as my third favorite sport to watch grew up going to  alot of Braves games  in early 90s as a kid from the Georgia  property in the summer. I started to follow the RAys when they came out , but they will always be my second team. I started to follow the bulls when I became a student at USF in 06.

Edited by Outlaw