• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

11 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Snarky? Really didn't think so but being from NJ it may just come naturally.  Trip is appreciating my attempts at humor. Get on the bandwagon.

The Mrs is coming along. 13 months into this process and she's starting to walk around the house without a walker or cane. Uses a cane when we leave the house. Still doing therapy twice a week. Thanks for asking.

Happy to hear you guys are doing much better.  Hopefully we will see you on the road this coming season. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

22 hours ago, Outlaw said:

If we get in a power conference  and gain a large amount of nee fans in the stands, we will need more than 35,000 seats . Supply and demand will come into effect and it will drive the cost up. So unless the plan is to be stuck in the aac forever  and the stadium will have plans for expansion unless  they want increase the cost.

The stadium looks quite expandable to me given the last design.  Based on timing I am sure this all in the contingency plans.  We just have to keep our act together a few years.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, Friscobull said:

Happy to hear you guys are doing much better.  Hopefully we will see you on the road this coming season. 

Thanks.

Son-in-law already texted about going to NOLA. We may try to make that one. Enjoy that city for short periods. Outside chance for So Miss since we could stay in Biloxi and get to the game in just a couple of hours from there. Other possibilities are FAU and Charlotte. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Thanks.

Son-in-law already texted about going to NOLA. We may try to make that one. Enjoy that city for short periods. Outside chance for So Miss since we could stay in Biloxi and get to the game in just a couple of hours from there. Other possibilities are FAU and Charlotte. 

I think many of us are looking at NOLA, should be a nice turnout for that one. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/1/2024 at 10:47 AM, Friscobull said:

I think many of us are looking at NOLA, should be a nice turnout for that one. 

Went to NOLA a few years ago when Q and Angie were still playing. We had a good showing at that game, and had a good time.

Definitely going to Hattiesburg. Used to be stationed at Camp Shelby, and I’m currently in a distance learning program at Southern Miss. Call me crazy, but I like the Pine Belt.

May go to FAU - since I live in east Polk County, It’s only another hour away than from my regular drive to RayJay. We went to the bowl game, but my better half wasn’t impressed by the stadium.  Maybe John can get us some good seats for that game. Have a sister that lives near Charlotte, so I may go up there also. 

While this will be a good year for traveling to road games (especially since we’re winning again), I can’t wait for the eventual road game against Army. West Point has been on this retired Army officer’s bucket list for years. 

Great time to be a Bulls fan!

Go Bulls

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

9 hours ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

Went to NOLA a few years ago when Q and Angie were still playing. We had a good showing at that game, and had a good time.

Definitely going to Hattiesburg. Used to be stationed at Camp Shelby, and I’m currently in a distance learning program at Southern Miss. Call me crazy, but I like the Pine Belt.

May go to FAU - since I live in east Polk County, It’s only another hour away than from my regular drive to RayJay. We went to the bowl game, but my better half wasn’t impressed by the stadium.  Maybe John can get us some good seats for that game. Have a sister that lives near Charlotte, so I may go up there also. 

While this will be a good year for traveling to road games (especially since we’re winning again), I can’t wait for the eventual road game against Army. West Point has been on this retired Army officer’s bucket list for years. 

Great time to be a Bulls fan!

Go Bulls

In spite of the wistful Jason Isbell imagery, I would take a hot day in hades over Hattiesburg.

Charlotte is in my backyard and a definite.  Rounding up the troops now. Should have a good contingent.

Nola always tempting.  Checking the temperature of my more social-minded fellow alumnae and fans.

West Point, whenever, is a must.  Bucket list kind of trip.

All that said, pretty much any football road trip can be a blast. Just enjoy the journey.

Go Bulls!

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,371
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

In spite of the wistful Jason Isbell imagery, I would take a hot day in hades over Hattiesburg.

Charlotte is in my backyard and a definite.  Rounding up the troops now. Should have a good contingent.

Nola always tempting.  Checking the temperature of my more social-minded fellow alumnae and fans.

All that said, pretty much any football road trip can be a blast. Just enjoy the journey.

Go Bulls!

In my opinion Charlotte is by far the worst of the locations to visit the campus and surrounding area, but lots of beautiful mountain activities an hour or so away.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

In my opinion Charlotte is by far the worst of the locations to visit the campus and surrounding area, but lots of beautiful mountain activities an hour or so away.

Not a huge fan of Charlotte for sure, but it is close to my crib and beautiful parts of the Piedmont and Smokies.  One great thing about NC is that it offers a little bit of everything to satisy various tastes, from beaches to mountains, Nascar to wine country, etc.  Love it up here.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

2 thoughts...

The first game at Tulane was some epic alumni tailgating across the street from The Boot student bar that was selling TRIPLE drinks for $7.  We'll be back this year.

My daughter signed up for the Charlotte marathon a couple months ago.  Turns out the race is the morning of our game!  We'll be there watching her cross the finish line and then heading to Richardson for the game.  IF the game is a nooner, she'll have no fans at the finish line and will need to Uber quickly to the stadium.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Go Bulls!

Having spent some time in the summer at Camp Shelby, I would say that I’ve experienced some of that hades-type of heat (and humidity).

The great thing about away games is that the USF fans that are there are usually more fired up and motivated. Lots of fun.

I guess that being in the “new and improved” (sarcasm font) AAC means some closer opponents (Birmingham, Boca, Charlotte) for more road games.

Go Bulls