• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  842
  • Days Won:  1

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

USF_Bullsharks was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

USF needs more fans. We are a full generation or two behind many of the schools we compete against. We will catch up (and pass many) quickly, but in this case quickly is most likely 10-30 years. 

Exercise: You find a genie's lamp and because you didn't ask for more wishes, the genie grants you 25,000 new, hardcore fans to USF. These fans buy season tickets, donate to NIL, go to 70%+ of home games and even travel at least once a season, and most definitely go to any playoff scenarios for the team. Caveat, they only support one team. It is up to you to allocate the 25,000 fans to each sport.

How would you spread them out across USF athletics? 

My answer: 

10,000 to football. This will all but guarantee home sell outs at OCS and respectable crowds at away games plus bowls. 

5,000 to men's basketball. We were averaging approximately 3,500 before the magic started happening - add 5k and we'd have consistent home games of around 8k at minimum. 

3,000 to women's basketball. Same as men's basketball, but slightly less. 

2,000 to baseball. Averaging 3k+ for baseball games would be incredible. (I'm a baseball homer)

1,000 to W lacrosse.

1,000 to men's soccer. 

1,000 to women's soccer. 

500 to softball. (stadium is pretty full already most games?)

150 each to the remaining 10 sports. 

Would be willing to sub 1-2k from men's basketball (we are currently selling those tickets pretty well) and allocate more to volleyball/beach volleyball, as well as golf. Not sure how many people go to college golf tournaments, but imagine having a crowd of 500 USF fans show up and follow the squads when there are no more than, say 30-50 (?) for the other schools. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

20k to football, 5k to MBB and the rest of the sports get nada and like it.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Would those 25k donate equal amounts to their respective sports?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

USF needs more fans. We are a full generation or two behind many of the schools we compete against. We will catch up (and pass many) quickly, but in this case quickly is most likely 10-30 years. 

Exercise: You find a genie's lamp and because you didn't ask for more wishes, the genie grants you 25,000 new, hardcore fans to USF. These fans buy season tickets, donate to NIL, go to 70%+ of home games and even travel at least once a season, and most definitely go to any playoff scenarios for the team. Caveat, they only support one team. It is up to you to allocate the 25,000 fans to each sport.

My answer: 

10,000 to football. This will all but guarantee home sell outs at OCS and respectable crowds at away games plus bowls. 

5,000 to men's basketball. We were averaging approximately 3,500 before the magic started happening - add 5k and we'd have consistent home games of around 8k at minimum. 

2,000 to baseball. Averaging 3k+ for baseball games would be incredible. (I'm a baseball homer)

1,000 to W lacrosse.

1,000 to men's soccer. 

1,000 to women's soccer. 

Would be willing to sub 1-2k from men's basketball (we are currently selling those tickets pretty well) and allocate more to volleyball/beach volleyball, as well as golf. Not sure how many people go to college golf tournaments, but imagine having a crowd of 500 USF fans show up and follow the squads when there are no more than, say 30-50 (?) for the other schools. 

Wow, so ~18K to men's sports and only ~5,500 to women's sports? Close the gender fan gap!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

My answer: 

1,000 to W lacrosse.

1,000 to men's soccer. 

1,000 to women's soccer. 

Since we are talking about new fans (and I'll assume we're talking non students) in addition to what we have I'd break it down like this:

We're building a 35k seat stadium and already have 15k hardcore fans. Have to leave room for students (I'll go with 8k students/game) so that will leave me with 12k for football so all seats are sold out.

Using similar logic I'd go with only 4,000 for MBB which gets us to ~7,500 then add in the students to fill the YC.

For WBB I'd like to see 3,500 new fans.

I'm good with 1,000 for MSoc, WSoc and baseball.

Divide up the rest amongst the remaining teams.

As for golf, you get a few parents and maybe 10 fans. We've gone and usually are walking with parents or girlfriends. Watching college golf is challenging since you have 5 or sometimes 6 players out on the course on consecutive holes. We usually pick a spot at a tee or green and watch all the players come through and then walk the course backwards until we come across the first guy again and wait for the rest. They don't get a lot of support and appreciate anyone that comes out to watch.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,375

My answer: 

1,000 to W lacrosse.

1,000 to men's soccer. 

1,000 to women's soccer. 

100% to football. It is the  driving factor to get into a power conference.  All other sports benefit by extra revenue in thr athletic  budget from a power conference. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

100% to football. It is the  driving factor to get into a power conference.  All other sports benefit by extra revenue in thr athletic  budget from a power conference. 

Better build a 45k stadium then.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  842
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

Wow, so ~18K to men's sports and only ~5,500 to women's sports? Close the gender fan gap!

How would you do it? 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,521
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

My answer: 

1,000 to W lacrosse.

1,000 to men's soccer. 

1,000 to women's soccer. 

25k to esports

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,375

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Better build a 45k stadium then.

Or price the current fans out.