• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What should our name be?

What should our name be?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  665
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

University of South Florida.  I'm not changing my diploma to chase current fads.

4 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

If we were named The University of Tampa, we'd get hassled about being in Temple Terrace. 

If we were named Tampa Bay State or Tampa Bay University, we'd get hassled about being no where near the bay of Tampa or stealing UT's name.

We are the most southern university out of West Florida, North Florida, and Central Florida.
Should we be West Florida? No because that's in the panhandle in Pensacola. What direction is Tampa within the state (without getting ridiculous -- i.e. "West Central", "Central West", "West, but not Pensacola West", "Central but not the actual Center", "South but not the very bottom") if we include the panhandle in directional names to mean West?

WE. ARE. SOUTH. FLORIDA.

Just so we're clear my post was pure sarcasm bc it's ridiculous we change our name. I thought this whole thread wasn't serious my bad.

Proud as well of my diplomas and love our name as it is a conversation starter for those who don't know about us. We are South Florida 😁

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

53 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

Just so we're clear my post was pure sarcasm bc it's ridiculous we change our name. I thought this whole thread wasn't serious my bad.

Proud as well of my diplomas and love our name as it is a conversation starter for those who don't know about us. We are South Florida 😁

I fully understood that, but was also slightly fearful it wasn't. I was just chiming in because there really are people out there who just don't understand why we have our name and give crap about it lol.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,746
  • Days Won:  3

I know I've told you boys this story before, but...

So, the Mrs. & I were up in beautiful Chapel Hill, North Carolina for a football game of considerable importance, and the good folks at Continental Tire had supplied Carolina logo hats to be passed out gratis. As I collected my souvenir, the young man handing them out, in an attempt to entertain the two co-eds standing close by asked "Hey man, so why is USF called the University of South Florida, if you're in Tampa? Isn't, like Miami really south Florida?", as he flashed the goofy grin. So, I flipped the soothing baritone switch and eyeball to eyeball explained that "at the time the University was founded it was, in fact, the southernmost public university in the state, hence South Florida. Anything else?" It's nice when college kids learn things. 

emil-faber.jpg

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

We are - SOUTH FLORIDA!

GO BULLS!

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

26 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

I know I've told you boys this story before, but...

So, the Mrs. & I were up in beautiful Chapel Hill, North Carolina for a football game of considerable importance, and the good folks at Continental Tire had supplied Carolina logo hats to be passed out gratis. As I collected my souvenir, the young man handing them out, in an attempt to entertain the two co-eds standing close by asked "Hey man, so why is USF called the University of South Florida, if you're in Tampa? Isn't, like Miami really south Florida?", as he flashed the goofy grin. So, I flipped the soothing baritone switch and eyeball to eyeball explained that "at the time the University was founded it was, in fact, the southernmost public university in the state, hence South Florida. Anything else?" It's nice when college kids learn things. 

emil-faber.jpg

I would‘ve started my answer with, “Well, for the uneducated among us…”

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

We always called it USF locally, so it's USF.  Sorry for Party Rocking 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

man f this. we ARE South Florida.

we are named South Florida because we are the southernmost part of Florida with any real history.

Miami was a friggin SWAMP in the late 1800’s while Tampa was a vibrant international city. 

there is HISTORY & CULTURE in the Tampa Bay area that so-called “south Florida” Miami-Dade-Broward wishes they had. 

theyre great for strip malls & condos & plastic titties on the beach, practicing your Spanish & eating decent Caribbean food, but they dont have the roots we have.

we are South Florida because there was nothing in “south Florida” when our University was founded.

the end. 🖕🏽Miami-Dade-Broward-PalmBeach 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

Definitely The University of South Florida. Seeing the 25 ranking next to SOUTH FLORIDA today looks too sweet! Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  3

What in tarnation is this thread? 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

23 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

What in tarnation is this thread?