• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

South Florida is the real deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

We had them all the way.  Some very questionable refereeing.  Don't often see a 5 point play.  But give credit to FAU, they are a character team.  Fought hard.  Not sure why we didn't see more of Youngblood in the 2nd half.  Love our coaching.  No panic at the end.  Only weak ness on this team is in the paint.  Hard to stop teams that drive the lane.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, abochner said:

We had them all the way.  Some very questionable refereeing.  Don't often see a 5 point play.  But give credit to FAU, they are a character team.  Fought hard.  Not sure why we didn't see more of Youngblood in the 2nd half.  Love our coaching.  No panic at the end.  Only weak ness on this team is in the paint.  Hard to stop teams that drive the lane.

There were some bad calls and some missed ones. There was some contact on a few of the presses and one score where an offensive player went through a defensive player that went straight up.  A friend of mine, a referee, messaged me while watching that that was clearly a charge because the defender stood his ground, made no motion towards the offensive player, and it was the offensive player that initiated the contact by violating the defender's space.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,376
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

An announcer on real ESPN (with no suffix) just said that, as we dominate a top 25 team, that was just in the final four, in front of a sold out crowd. What  a day to be alive! Good on everyone that has kept the faith you deserve this day more than some of us do and i couldn’t even see this March coming a month ago. Coach isn’t a conciliation prize of indecision he seems to be the real deal and I apologize that I wouldn’t have batted an eye in trading him for Dusty May even going into this game.

Great win

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  770
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

The last 10 years the entire team has been awful from the line, this year is a complete 180

Hence one of the reasons for my extreme optimism for this year. It was nothing genius on my part; and I was not pulling stuff out of my butt. I simply looked at how many games we lost the past few years with the likes of Jamir Chaplin, Caleb Murphy, and Russel Tchewa. Replace those 3 with Placer, Youngblood, and Pryor. I know Murphy did not play for us last year, but when you replace 50% FT line shooting and 20% 3p shooting with 80% and 35-40%, respectively, those close losses become wins.

I was not buying the Indian burial ground curse because Placer and Youngblood had many years of consistent excellent shooting. For me, my prediction was a no-brainer, using simple analytics. And of course, Knox has improved his shooting from early in the season, and Reid has been a plus with his.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Hence one of the reasons for my extreme optimism for this year. It was nothing genius on my part; and I was not pulling stuff out of my butt. I simply looked at how many games we lost the past few years with the likes of Jamir Chaplin, Caleb Murphy, and Russel Tchewa. Replace those 3 with Placer, Youngblood, and Pryor. I know Murphy did not play for us last year, but when you replace 50% FT line shooting and 20% 3p shooting with 80% and 35-40%, respectively, those close losses become wins.

I was not buying the Indian burial ground curse because Placer and Youngblood had many years of consistent excellent shooting. For me, my prediction was a no-brainer, using simple analytics. And of course, Knox has improved his shooting from early in the season, and Reid has been a plus with his.

💎🙌

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

39 minutes ago, abochner said:

foul trouble

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

foul trouble

Yeah he saved him for the very end, which thankfully they fouled him twice.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

28 minutes ago, macphisto said:

There were some bad calls and some missed ones. There was some contact on a few of the presses and one score where an offensive player went through a defensive player that went straight up.  A friend of mine, a referee, messaged me while watching that that was clearly a charge because the defender stood his ground, made no motion towards the offensive player, and it was the offensive player that initiated the contact by violating the defender's space.

Youngblood got away with one where he pushed a player, also an obvious charge by Stroud? And we got the benefit with a blocking call, overall the refs were not good on either side.  The 5 pointer was a head scratcher because Stroud rab through a player before the shooter was in the act, that call almost sunk us.  A lazy inbound on the press got an easy 3 was painful as well.  The second half of the game took a week, the clock would not move due to 58 or so fouls. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

50 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Yea i have always wondered if the burial ground curse is something people really believe in or whether its an inside joke.

The issue has always been whether we can bring in a coach who can win. It looks like this time we found a special guy in Coach Rahim.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1