• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hosting FCS Championships Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

And, hopefully, the field would be to FIFA or MSL specs.  MLS standards require a size of no less than 110 yards long by 70 yards wide. The optimum size per FIFA is 115x74.

It would be a nice sized venue for pro soccer, tournaments, etc.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

Great ideas!  Work with the Rays to maybe have a few Rowdies games per season in Tampa?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

Awesome, a future Home National Championship Game when CAG leaves and we drop down to FCS? NICE!!

I'm kidding!!!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, bull2saintleo said:

The NCAA and the Tampa Sports Authority are very much friendly with each other.  Tampa has hosted the Frozen Four 3 times, the Women's Final Four 3 times (4th time in 2025), and last years volleyball national championship, among other events.  I'd have to say Tampa has a good chance at hosting the FCS title game for a few years.  Frisco, TX has hosted for 14 years so far, so it could be a lucrative relationship. 

Couple miles from my house and I have been once.  It is normally cold outside, obscure teams from Montana and the Dakota’s playing, a real snooze fest.  I think it is a great idea however the teams that play in it every year are out west, longer travel but those bumpkins would probably enjoy the warmth in January.  One thing to consider, Frisco is the epitome of a first class sports town and will be tough to unseat, we are simply better than everyone else, just wanted you to know that before you get too excited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, bull2saintleo said:

The NCAA and the Tampa Sports Authority are very much friendly with each other.  

This statement is true, but you are mixing up the groups. 

Tampa Bay Sports Commission (headed by Rob Higgins) bids to bring in events to Tampa. Michael Kelly and Rob are friends and work well together. 

Tampa Sports Authority runs the opperations of Raymond James Stadium and a couple golf courses. (USF is good with them too)

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439

2 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

a future Home National Championship Game when ... we drop down to FCS

Unfortunately, this immediately came to my mind as a foreshadowing.  But I am great with this as side hustle for USF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,583
  • Days Won:  29

The Rowdies ?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

45 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Tampa Bay Sports Commission (headed by Rob Higgins) bids to bring in events to Tampa. Michael Kelly and Rob are friends and work well together. 

Tampa Sports Authority runs the opperations of Raymond James Stadium and a couple golf courses. (USF is good with them too)

Rob is a USF grad isn't he? Wasn't he one of the folks people were hoping would at least get a look for AD when Harlan left? Did he ever interview for it? I don't recall

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457

9 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Rob is a USF grad isn't he? Wasn't he one of the folks people were hoping would at least get a look for AD when Harlan left? Did he ever interview for it? I don't recall

Yes. grad. Was a basketball team manager as a student, and worked game opperations under Bobby Paschal, then ran game opperations before leaving to run the Tampa Bay Sports Commission. 

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

Slip of the tongue, thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1