• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chances of making march madness?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I think you guys are dreaming.  If we can keep this up and be in most games late, we'll be NIT bound.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

6 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I think you guys are dreaming.  If we can keep this up and be in most games late, we'll be NIT bound.

GO BULLS!

Bad losses early are too much to overcome, unless you win the conference tourney.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

We just beat the tenth ranked team and Wichita today. Why is it a longshot to make the big dance?

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

There's been several upsets over the past week.  They're not all going to be propelled into the big dance

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We just beat the tenth ranked team and Wichita today. Why is it a longshot to make the big dance?

The 10th ranked team lost to 2 unranked teams in a row (USF & Tulane) and Wichita St is 8-10. That first win was a good win, for now. If Memphis keeps losing, it's not as important of a win come tournament time. And Wichita St is on a 7 game losing streak, that was a game we are supposed to win at home. This isn't a Gregg Marshall coached Wichita State team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

11 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:
12 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The 10th ranked team lost to 2 unranked teams in a row (USF & Tulane) and Wichita St is 8-10. That first win was a good win, for now. If Memphis keeps losing, it's not as important of a win come tournament time. And Wichita St is on a 7 game losing streak, that was a game we are supposed to win at home. This isn't a Gregg Marshall coached Wichita State team.

Buzzer Beater Basketball GIF by NBA

It is a looooong shot, but still better than no shot in some years....

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

And who says we can't win the AAC tournament? Everybody left on our schedule either has the same record or a losing record. Which goes back to my question....what makes us such a longshot?

image.png.2966320198112be9688e1619483f201d.png

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

13 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Memphis losing another one yesterday wont be helpful to our case. Furthermore FAU scraping by in the last few games may mean they drop out of the top 25 as well.

Having said that we need to keep the momentum going and anything can happen.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

19 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

And who says we can't win the AAC tournament? Everybody left on our schedule either has the same record or a losing record. Which goes back to my question....what makes us such a longshot?

image.png.2966320198112be9688e1619483f201d.png

Nobody said that.  They said that was the only way we would get in, not with an at large bid ........ 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

15 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Bad losses early are too much to overcome, unless you win the conference tourney.

In our current conference that is true. The power conferences can get away with that. We did in 2012.