• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Renderings coming Tuesday!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

My initial thoughts are that it looks pretty good. Would love to see more details and different angles before giving a definite conclusion, but I am liking what I am seeing with these initial renderings. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Why do all the work from scratch when you can present what you've already prepared and still charge the full amount?

North Texas used concrete structure for the sideline stands and the erector set metal structure for their endzone upper student section. It looks like they continued the concrete seating in the lower sections with the two sidelines. From the rendering, it appears we are doing erector set on all four sides. So for now, our future stadium is no where close to even UNT's stadium.  UNT stadium: Construction cost: $78 million; ($106 million in 2022 dollars). Why in the world do we not have a concrete structured stadium for 3x that amount?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If the orientation of stadium is east west seems the south side would have some shade especially upper portion of stadium. 

We have like one 12pm game a year it seems not a huge deal.

Most are 330pm or 7pm games. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

A lot of the questions/concerns were discussed in the presentation. I'd recommend everyone who wasn't able to watch it, give it a shot when you have time. Maybe 30-45 minutes total and worth it. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

It looks great!  That Champions Walk looks like its going to be really nice.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

Of all the games I went to at Tampa Stadium/RJS from 97-2005, I don't ever remember thinking about shade.  Getting rained on was worse.  And no, I wasn't high up tucked under an overhang.  Never did I retreat to the club.

There is no shade in ASU stadium in the freaking desert.  You roast a bit there, in Tampa you perspire.  But it's part of the game day experience.  Let's grow some horns Bulls!

You had me all excited until I looked at my left arm and then my right arm.  I have received over forty stitches in them in the last two weeks from manning up in the sun.  I get the sentiment, but it's like the old "real fans stand!" declaration.  Some can't.

Sounds like shade is too expensive.  I get it.  But it means the difference between some being able to go and not.  So, it's not nothing.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487

I have to be honest, this has completely ruined my day. I am very sad. This is so uninspired, so basic...it looks like it was designed by whoever designs all of the strip malls in Riverview. I am expecting a Mattress Firm and a Vape Shop to be in it somewhere, along with traffic lights every 100 feet around it. 

Left side of rendering

1. Are we serious with these exposed metal poles underneath this misshapen heptagon? 

2. Are we serious with this heptagon???

3. This building underneath the heptagon...just a gorgeous flat roof? What are we doing with all of this wide open space? Can't turn it into some kind of concessions or literally anything at all?

Right Side of rendering

1. These bullhorns look like an accident. Again, this super bizarre heptagon appears. The bullhorns could theoretically come out of the heptagon, but that would make the heptagon make sense so I assume that's just completely out of the question.

2. Why is there so much seating in the end zone relative to the home side? Who likes to sit in the end zone? Why not significantly heighten the away side...higher sides = louder stadium (see Seattle Seahawks).

3. This heptagon extends so high and it looks like the stairs start at the bottom...maybe a mistake? No way that works with code.

Exterior

1. Away side - these appear to be metal columns holding up the 'all concrete' structure. And this is how we walk in! Welcome to your stadium, don't walk into the giant metal post. 

2. It really only looks like you can enter from 2 different directions, through 2 sides. How does that work?

3. Let's say theoretically one day we are doing to add shade...how does that even kind of work? Except for that one rendering someone shared of a potential sail thing, no idea how this works.

What happened to the conversation about these beautiful new soccer stadium designs? Specifically, TQL in Cincy was brought up and was built for significantly less (though a much smaller capacity). I suppose any stadium is better than no stadium, but the plan was to make a stadium that was special. You could pick this up and drop it on any campus in the country and it would fit. You hold back renderings for months, the expectations are bound to increase. Well mine increased. I knew there would be no shade but I had definitely been led to believe there would be elements that would make this unmistakably ours (not just a part of horns popping up out of one end zone opposite the illuminati heptagon). Unless we are somehow incorporating heptagons into everything going forward, I don't get it? By the way, it looks like the actually footprint is a heptagon. Why is that? What is the deal with these heptagons? It's a 7-pointed shape...I think the illuminati work with these sorts of things. There are 3 of these heptagons...what does it mean? 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883

Just now, USFRaider said:

It looks great!  That Champions Walk looks like its going to be really nice.

Agreed. Hopefully that is wide enough for tailgating as well. Imagine being a football player and getting off the bus to a sea of fans as you walk into the stadium. 

Also, stadium landing page updated: 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, mj796 said:

Why is there so much seating in the end zone relative to the home side?

That hit me quick too.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

You had me all excited until I looked at my left arm and then my right arm.  I have received over forty stitches in them in the last two weeks from manning up in the sun.  I get the sentiment, but it's like the old "real fans stand!" declaration.  Some can't.

Sounds like shade is too expensive.  I get it.  But it means the difference between some being able to go and not.  So, it's not nothing.

I get it Dad, and I'm not suggesting everybody sit in the sun any more than everyone has to sit in the shade.  I would think that there will be seats with the shade and like anything else, we have to balance it out.  Is shade desirable?  Yes.  Is it needed 100%, no.  Is it worth $50 million?  Just for the majority, prepare thine selves for an imperfect experience.

• Upvote 1