• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oh No, Todd Orlando has to go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

6 hours ago, Sk00b said:

I think the coaching staff has done a tremendous job.  But if we have another 1st quarter 4 and out from inside our own 30 yard line I will go ballistic.  PUNT THE BALL from inside your own 30.  Is this such a difficult concept?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,409
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I think the coaching staff has done a tremendous job.  But if we have another 1st quarter 4 and out from inside our own 30 yard line I will go ballistic.  PUNT THE BALL from inside your own 30.  Is this such a difficult concept?

Yea. I'm right there with ya. Others think it is a good thing as it's part of the aggressive approach. That said, CAG is also a freshman so i think he will learn the risk is not worth it on those. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Don't be a silly goose. We've improved over last year thus far.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

Looks like they've had trouble finding the end zone, so they will probably win. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

That didn't happen vs UAB or is all memory of game being lost already? I know Navy we did.  Yea agree, punt. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Didn't we know?  Didn't we know the defense was still going to be a big unknown?

Months ago we were talking about how this defense would have to be one of those defenses that are all over the place and focused on creating turnover.  I think there was a name for it.

We're halfway through the season and have as many wins as the last 2.  One more for as many as the last 3. 

Edited by gibbsak
Progress, not Perfection.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

13 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Point of order, we weren't inside our own 30 at Navy, and I had no problem with the message sending he did at that point .... I've got faith in you to get the less than a yard but if you don't, we will still find a way to win. It worked, but not so sure if presented with that scenario again, after Saturday, he'll do the same ....... but who knows.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

21 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

LOL.  One game and the firing calls begin.  Who rationally could expect anyone to turn around the worst defense in FBS in one season?  The defense has obviously been far better over the course of six games.  It would be great if one time we could have a loss and fans could be rational.

All fans? Or all but one or two or seven?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

As bad as the defense played, I think they were burnt out from the offense constantly giving the other team the ball with good field position. I'm not saying our defense played well, but we had 6 stops. But when the offense has 3 turnovers, 3 punts and 3 failed 4th down conversions, there is nothing the defense can do. We lost by 3 TDs. The offense has  9 missed opportunities to score more than the needed 21 points. Byrum Brown is still the guy I have faith in, but the interceptions and fumbles gotta stop. He also needs to learn to throw the ball away.  This year our weakness is our secondary and offensive line. We should still be able to make a bowl game, but those 2 areas will need to be addressed in the portal this off-season.

image.png.4f9cc7f254529741eb5d0b3db859e875.png

image.png.de96728ef05e60c6c8bea6379e55d4c7.png

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,529
  • Days Won:  25

45 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

Didn't we know?  Didn't we know the defense was still going to be a big unknown?

Months ago we were talking about how this defense would have to be one of those defenses that are all over the place and focused on creating turnover.  I think there was a name for it.

We're halfway through the season and have as many wins as the last 2.  One more for as many as the last 3. 

We got more fbs and conference wins then the last three combined.  The defense and offense both had a bad day. You can chalk it up to several things outclassed ,out schemed,  out play called, out played, overconfident after two wins, or first year coach trying to figure things out. It could be one , several,  or all of those things. I am not happy with it but still going to see how the team responds to FAU. We are 3-3 and 2-1 in conference play. We still control our season and still can play for conference title or go bowling. 

The offense needs work especially with the running game and offensive line. We only run up the middle and no outside runs or tosses, not many runs off the tackle inside or out, and lack of creativity  getting run calls in with tosses, sweeps, or double tosses. The offensive line is suspect  at creating lanes to run and giving brown protection.  This is most of the reason why he is leading our team on rushing because if the play breaks down or he doesn't have a throw he runs. The receivers are average at best. I would like to see some young kids like JeyQuan Smith and Tyree Kelly get a shot. We need to hit the recruiting trail and portal hard for talent at ol,wr, and rb.

The defense- we are much better than last year but still have issues. We struggle against the pass and if we can't get pressure or turnovers  the defense gives up a lot of yards and possibly points. I think teams have more tape on the blitz packages are going to be more prepared for it. 

Time to see what adjustments  this new coaching staff makes for the second half of the season. We have one more conference win at this point then I originally thought. I am surprised at some parts of the season ge versus Bama and comeback at Navy , but yesterday reminded me of last season. Time to get back to work and get a win versus fau. If we fail to do that we will be in some trouble for the rest of the year and possibly longer.

• Like 1