• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oh No, Todd Orlando has to go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

27 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

As bad as the defense played, I think they were burnt out from the offense constantly giving the other team the ball with good field position. I'm not saying our defense played well, but we had 6 stops. But when the offense has 3 turnovers, 3 punts and 3 failed 4th down conversions, there is nothing the defense can do. We lost by 3 TDs. The offense has  9 missed opportunities to score more than the needed 21 points. Byrum Brown is still the guy I have faith in, but the interceptions and fumbles gotta stop. He also needs to learn to throw the ball away.  This year our weakness is our secondary and offensive line. We should still be able to make a bowl game, but those 2 areas will need to be addressed in the portal this off-season.

image.png.4f9cc7f254529741eb5d0b3db859e875.png

image.png.de96728ef05e60c6c8bea6379e55d4c7.png

Exactly how I felt about it. That game was pretty much going to be a shootout however the two early turnovers killed us. Hard to play catch up during that situation to be honest. Hopefully they bounce back against FAU. 

Great points GB!!

Edited by Bull Matrix
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

Just win the next game and all is back on track at 4-3

Edited by Bull Matrix
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  2,341
  • Content Count:  21,355
  • Days Won:  10

No

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 10/9/2023 at 8:42 AM, Triple B said:

Point of order, we weren't inside our own 30 at Navy, and I had no problem with the message sending he did at that point .... I've got faith in you to get the less than a yard but if you don't, we will still find a way to win. It worked, but not so sure if presented with that scenario again, after Saturday, he'll do the same ....... but who knows.

I guess if you want to get technical we weren't inside the 30, we were exactly on the 30.  I am not sure that makes the point invalid, but you are technically correct

image.png.28fb0b6b514f203ac2aa16de168c5717.png.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 10/9/2023 at 7:50 AM, Bulls On Parade said:

That didn't happen vs UAB or is all memory of game being lost already? I know Navy we did.  Yea agree, punt. 

That was definitely a game to forget.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 10/8/2023 at 8:54 AM, 00Bull said:

Well, I was told that Orlando was the best DC in the country so not sure who better we can get. 

Weird. I haven't seen a single Bulls fan anywhere make that claim. However, at the very least, the defense has shown more life and fire in the first half of the season than at pretty much any point in the last 3 years. 

On 10/8/2023 at 11:50 AM, Who'sYourData? said:

LOL.  One game and the firing calls begin.  Who rationally could expect anyone to turn around the worst defense in FBS in one season?  The defense has obviously been far better over the course of six games.  It would be great if one time we could have a loss and fans could be rational.

Rational? LOL. This is what we do as a fanbase. Go full meltdown mode and debate about claims that were never made and take the sky is falling attitude.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,472
  • Days Won:  25

26 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I guess if you want to get technical we weren't inside the 30, we were exactly on the 30.  I am not sure that makes the point invalid, but you are technically correct

image.png.28fb0b6b514f203ac2aa16de168c5717.png.

Just my humble opinion, but 3rd and SIX(6)! And Simmons goes 5yds. Another coachable moment.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,111
  • Days Won:  39

10 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Weird. I haven't seen a single Bulls fan anywhere make that claim. However, at the very least, the defense has shown more life and fire in the first half of the season than at pretty much any point in the last 3 years. 

Yes and with the same personnel.  Therefore saying he has to go this soon is not to be taken seriously.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Rational? LOL. This is what we do as a fanbase. Go full meltdown mode and debate about claims that were never made and take the sky is falling attitude.

I was quoting/paraphrasing what CAG said about Orlando prior to his formal announcement as DC. And doing so in jest. Calling for the DC to be fired at this point is not a serious take.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,575
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/7/2023 at 11:51 PM, Bullrush33 said:

Other than Alabama this defense has been Woody like.  Our offense is not good enough to overcome how bad they are.  Yes the offense does put them in some bad situations but man the number of big plays they give up every week is getting ridiculous Todd O doesn't look like he knows what he is doing or he forgot to tell his players. NO adjustments week in week out. Its been 6 games and I am not seeing the Todd Orlando of old, but just old has been Todd. 

I just realized the title of this thread was a Blue Oyster Cult reference.