• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oviedo CC Made the Bottom 10

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

I dunno -- I'd rather be getting my ass kicked by 4-1 Kansas than 1-4 UAB. I'd rather be making $50 million in revenue vs $9 million. I'd rather have the #28 recruiting class than the #56 recruiting class. I think the ceiling is higher in the Big 12 than the AAC. A 10 win AAC team is going to get less national attention than even an 8 win Big 12 team. Most news outlets only focus on power conference teams. The question was do I find solace in the fact that UCF is not succeeding in the Big 12. The answer is no -- this is a temporary setback. I'd rather be struggling to find my footing in a power conference than trading blowouts with the dregs of FBS. The advantages they're gaining by being in a better conference outweigh the growing pains now. If you'd ask them if they'd prefer to go back to the AAC, I'm sure the answer would be hell no.

We can enjoy the struggle that UCF is having in the B12 as we would for any of our foes.  That's not saying that we wouldn't trade places with 'em.  I don't get it.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,122
  • Days Won:  56

Oviedo, Cincy and Houston = 0-7 so far in the Big XII. BYU (1-1) is the only newcomer with a league win.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

We can enjoy the struggle that UCF is having in the B12 as we would for any of our foes.  That's not saying that we wouldn't trade places with 'em.  I don't get it.  

Agree with this statement.  I’m just having fun with it.  

A big-time UCF fan that I work with stops by the office once a week. Teased me about Beatrice a couple of weeks ago.  Had fun this past week with him - when I saw him, I started coughing and saying “choke”.  He just hung his head down and shook his head.

He confirmed my comment that with Gus, all you’ll get is 8-4 and a minor bowl every year. He also mentioned that the Auburn fan base warned them about him.  I took the high road and said that the Texas fan base warned us about Charlie also…but I’m thinking that after the past few years, I would not mind 8-4 and a minor bowl for a while. 

He also made the point that the UCF fan base will find out what kind of team they have when they play Kansas - guess they found out!

Think I’ll tell him this week that Owen Twelve’s younger brother, Owen Kansas, must be on campus in Oviedo, along with a cousin, Owen Conference. 

Not taking the us vs. them argument seriously, and just having fun with it.

Go Bulls

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,122
  • Days Won:  56

11 minutes ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

A big-time UCF fan that I work with stops by the office once a week. Teased me about Beatrice a couple of weeks ago.  Had fun this past week with him - when I saw him, I started coughing and saying “choke”.  He just hung his head down and shook his head.

He confirmed my comment that with Gus, all you’ll get is 8-4 and a minor bowl every year. He also mentioned that the Auburn fan base warned them about him.  I took the high road and said that the Texas fan base warned us about Charlie also…but I’m thinking that after the past few years, I would not mind 8-4 and a minor bowl for a while. 

He also made the point that the UCF fan base will find out what kind of team they have when they play Kansas - guess they found out!

Think I’ll tell him this week that Owen Twelve’s younger brother, Owen Kansas, must be on campus in Oviedo, along with a cousin, Owen Conference. 

Go Bulls

And they just extended Gus through 2027 and gave him a raise. He’s won nothing of consequence there - decent records while beating up on overmatched teams.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,923

23 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Oviedo, Cincy and Houston = 0-7 so far in the Big XII. BYU (1-1) is the only newcomer with a league win.

It's raining on their parade.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

38 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Exactly .... we poke some fun at them at them for those historically brutal performances and we've got some of our fans saying (paraphrasing) "at least they did it in a P5" ...... GTFO with that buffoonery.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

38 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

12 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

It's raining on their parade.  

And in one case, on their banner ....

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, smazza said:

sound advice from the texan

Thanks Bro, was actually born in Cali, and raised in Illinois but am ok with being called a Texan.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

2 hours ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

Go Bulls

Gus is a slightly better version of Charlie Strong. Atleast he hasn't totally mailed it in and can recruit some which will help new coach when Gus eventually gets fired. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Gus is a slightly better version of Charlie Strong. Atleast he hasn't totally mailed it in and can recruit some which will help new coach when Gus eventually gets fired. 

They need to stay true to the memory of O’Leary and keep Gus for better or worse. Those are the rules over there. Kill a student athlete, doesn’t matter. Go donuts, they’ll try again next season. Some how they just keep failing forward.